Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meaning of seeing dead people?

netindtm

1 hour ago, netindtm said:

What is the meaning of seeing dad relatives in your sleep?

If you mean seeing dead relatives I believe our deceased loved ones come to us in vivid dreams when we are feeling badly stressed. These are unlike other dreams, almost feeling like you are there with them. I believe this is a paranormal phenomenon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, openozy said:

If you mean seeing dead relatives I believe our deceased loved ones come to us in vivid dreams when we are feeling badly stressed. These are unlike other dreams, almost feeling like you are there with them. I believe this is a paranormal phenomenon.

Thank you

• Like 2

Pretty much whatever you want it to be. Dreams are largely meaningless to your everyday life. 

2 hours ago, netindtm said:

What is the meaning of seeing dad relatives in your sleep?

Do they know they’re dead? The prevailing thought there is “they’re popping in for a chat”. 
If not, it’s your brain using familiar imagery for a narrative. 

weirdly my grandparents house (NOT a happy place with about three happy memories attached, all involving Transformers) appears often in my dreams. Sometimes the narrative acknowledges that we don’t own it anymore, sometimes I own it. It’s just mental flotsam be8ng used for narrative sakes IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Do they know they’re dead? The prevailing thought there is “they’re popping in for a chat”. 
If not, it’s your brain using familiar imagery for a narrative. 

weirdly my grandparents house (NOT a happy place with about three happy memories attached, all involving Transformers) appears often in my dreams. Sometimes the narrative acknowledges that we don’t own it anymore, sometimes I own it. It’s just mental flotsam be8ng used for narrative sakes IMO. 

What if it’s to inform them that they are dead? Is it something or am I imagining?

5 minutes ago, netindtm said:

What if it’s to inform them that they are dead? Is it something or am I imagining?

Well…. That’s augury which is a nebulous field. 
I believe the dead can visit the living in a “honking the horn as you drive off” sort of way, last thing they’re allowed to do on the way to their just reward is visit a loved one or two that so of thing. But that’s the belief of one daffy Catholic who’s read too many High Strangeness reports.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, netindtm said:

Thats interesting because my brother came to me in a dream about 12 months after he passed at 23 years. I was in a V8 ford going up a hill when he appeared next to me and said cool, floor it. I felt a great sadness and said, but you died Marc. I have never seen him again in a dream so maybe some souls need confirmation.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Meaning of seeing dead people?
2 hours ago, openozy said:

Thats interesting because my brother came to me in a dream about 12 months after he passed at 23 years. I was in a V8 ford going up a hill when he appeared next to me and said cool, floor it. I felt a great sadness and said, but you died Marc. I have never seen him again in a dream so maybe some souls need confirmation.

Thank you for sharing

• Like 1

After my dad passed 2 years ago, I saw him in a dream knocking violently on the door and I was trying so hard to keep the door closed. But eventually he got in and he looked swollen and that’s when I told him he is dead. I think it can be an omen for “death encounter” but is it true? Did anyone encounter a similar situation? Or was I just grieving and not accepting his death?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, netindtm said:

After my dad passed 2 years ago, I saw him in a dream knocking violently on the door and I was trying so hard to keep the door closed. But eventually he got in and he looked swollen and that’s when I told him he is dead. I think it can be an omen for “death encounter” but is it true? Did anyone encounter a similar situation? Or was I just grieving and not accepting his death?

I had a similar dream after my stepfather passed of pushing him out the door.

You didn't accept his death too well. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

I had a similar dream after my stepfather passed of pushing him out the door.

You didn't accept his death too well. 

Thank you. We weren’t close and frankly speaking I hated him growing up but I guess u r right. There is a part of me that probably loves me and may be I’m missing father-daughter missed connection 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Pretty much whatever you want it to be. Dreams are largely meaningless to your everyday life. 

When do you think they become meaningful? I’m just wondering people always concentrate on their dreams so much , why do we have them then?

7 minutes ago, netindtm said:

why do we have them then?

To clean our brains of the garbage and reorganize the information we have in them. 

I was so use to physical abuse from my mother's husband I never realized the mental abuse my stepfather put me through.

The dream came after it registered with me and I was dumping my grief quick and easy. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, netindtm said:

When do you think they become meaningful?

When you apply a meaning to them. Dreams are just dreams. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, netindtm said:

What is the meaning of seeing dead relatives in your sleep?

Is this for some test you need to take but don't want to study for?   One liner OP's tend to put me off.   What is your interpretation of seeing dead loved ones in a dream?   

3 hours ago, netindtm said:

It could be all kinids of things, mental or paranormal.   My daughter was very upset when my brother died and she dreamed she was coming to her car in the parking lot in the dark after work and there was a man hanging around her car.   She got to the car and quickly opened the door then realized it was my brother.  He got in the car with her and she asked him where he had been.  He said "I am disembodied now so you won't see me any more.".

She felt better after that dream knowing he was ok.  Not burning in hell or being tortured.   It could have been her subconscious helping her reconcile his death or it could have been him visiting her to help her feel better.   No way for any of us to know.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Piney said:

To clean our brains of the garbage and reorganize the information we have in them. 

I was so use to physical abuse from my mother's husband I never realized the mental abuse my stepfather put me through.

The dream came after it registered with me and I was dumping my grief quick and easy. 

I’m so sorry you had to suffer abuse!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Is this for some test you need to take but don't want to study for?   One liner OP's tend to put me off.   What is your interpretation of seeing dead loved ones in a dream?   

No this is not a test , I just wanted to see what others thought. I explained my experience in one of the posts above and it sounds like some people had similar experiences. Just wanted to know if that’s ok or if it’s an omen or something 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It could be all kinids of things, mental or paranormal.   My daughter was very upset when my brother died and she dreamed she was coming to her car in the parking lot in the dark after work and there was a man hanging around her car.   She got to the car and quickly opened the door then realized it was my brother.  He got in the car with her and she asked him where he had been.  He said "I am disembodied now so you won't see me any more.".

She felt better after that dream knowing he was ok.  Not burning in hell or being tortured.   It could have been her subconscious helping her reconcile his death or it could have been him visiting her to help her feel better.   No way for any of us to know.

Thank you for sharing. In a way it’s nice to know that I wasn’t the only one having a similar experience. I Eastern Europe it often means death to see a dead relative after their death. So I guess I was looking if other had similar experiences and it didn’t mean death.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, netindtm said:

Thank you for sharing. In a way it’s nice to know that I wasn’t the only one having a similar experience. I Eastern Europe it often means death to see a dead relative after their death. So I guess I was looking if other had similar experiences and it didn’t mean death.

Are you Baltic, Slavic, Cuman or Magyar? 

Slavic and Bashkir. So my moms mom (grandmother) died and within a year my uncle, her her first born son died. Then my other grandmother on dads side died and within a year my father passed , her first born son. We have a saying “old relative came and took the younger one to die”

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

When you apply a meaning to them. Dreams are just dreams. 

Dreams are multilayered ways for the brain to power down, power up and delve into the subconscious. It’s that subconscious that’s the real mystery. Who knows how deep that rabbit hole really is 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, netindtm said:

Either that or you prevented a haunting. 

• Like 1