Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NHL

horrification

Hey Onyx, saw the highlights from the panthers vs flyers game.

liked the way booth came out looking for richards and took him on.

nice little pay back tilt.

but wow did they ever take it to the flyers, scoring 7. they showed a stat saying the panthers had gone 11 games not scoring more than two goals.

that was certainly a breakout game.

put a string of those together and you're in the playoffs.

Yeah, you saw EXACTLY what's been driving me NUTS all year long. They come out and immediately step up and physically challenge The Flyers nose-to-nose, and then as The Flyers are busy chasing them around the ice, they're collective speed starts to catch The Flyers in odd man rushes, which The Panthers cash in on. It's MADDENING!!! Even the players remarked that(and I believe it was McCabe who said this, and I'm paraphrasing here) if they came out that way EVERY game, and with Vokoun playing they way he has all year long, it wouldn't be a matter of IF they made they playoffs, but where they would be seeded.

Having Booth back is a big lift, no doubt. His goal and 3 helpers against The Flyers the other night is a perfect illustration of how his speed and determination around the net can change the game for The Cats, but the Booth, Weiss, Horton line hasn't been able to stay on the ice together all year long, which completely destroys the consistancy a #1 scoring line should have. Look no further than the word consistancy, or lackthereof, when it comes to the underachiving this team has shown, IMO.

A lot of people down here were expecting Vokoun to be delt before the deadline, but I guess Sexton couldn't find a deal he thought was worth making the move.

Can your cats play hockey at a Mile High?

Pfft..There having trouble getting to .500 IN A SWAMP!! :lol:

good, because we could use these two points to catch up to Vancouver.

I hate to say it, but the 2 points may be a foregone conclusion, unfortunately. They're road record is just god awful. I think it may be the worst in the league. They played well against The Wild the other night, and only allowed 11 shots on goal all night, but the lack of any scoring consistancy is just too much to overcome against the good teams, especially on the road.

Well, they're MADDENING inconsistency in scoring has reared it's ugly head once again. I dunno, maybe they just need someone to drop the gloves right after the opening face-off, and THEN play hockey. The only way they seem to be able to maximize they're team speed, is after they've challenged the other team physically, and then have the other team chase them around for the rest of the night attempting to retaliate.

When ever you are having trouble getting scoring..especially on the road...you turn to your "top line" to lead the way. The Panthers currently don't have one, and..IMO..haven't had one in some time.

It was a great game for the Avs, and they deserved the 2 points.

Edited by ~Onyx~
Speeelling.

*Sighs*...You come back, on the road, to beat THE BEST team in The Western Conference, one night....Then get BLOWN AWAY by The Caps, who are without Alex The Great, the next. The inconsistency is just something this group just CAN'T seem to overcome. It's just SO DAMN DEFLATING.

Just watched that goal Vokoun let in from center ice...

Wow, I guess that just wraps up the entire season eh?

Just watched that goal Vokoun let in from center ice...

Wow, I guess that just wraps up the entire season eh?

Absolutey. The only reason to watch now, IMO, is to try and measure the development of the young players(Ellerby, Garrison, Matthias, Repik, Kulikov, etc.) and discover whether or not they can be counted on for next year. I think, if your management, you have to explore offers for Vokoun in the off-season. I mean, you have youngsters like Markstrom in the minors, and...even though his cap # is high(slightly over 6 mil)...Vokoun's trade value might never be higher.

The upcoming draft is supposed to be one of the deepest in a few years, and all the talk from the the co-ownders is about accountibility, so I think it behooves management to explore getting something for Vokoun(maybe a 1st round pick and a good scoring forward).

Cats take The Lightning 5-2...Now, I'm nowhere NEAR the sharpest tool in the shed, but if any of you guys remember when David Booth came back from his concussion, and immediately took on Richards(The Flyers)? The Cats won that game beacuse The Flyers spent the rest of that game chasing The Panthers...and they're speed...around trying to get back at them. The result was odd-man rushes for The Cats that they cashed in on. This game against The Lightning played out the same exact way, IMO.

In the 1st period, Tarnasky comes out swinging, and from that point on, The Lightning chased The Cats around trying to match the initial physical play, and as a result gave up odd-man rushes that The Cats cashed in on....Now, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

hey onyx here we go, panthers in town this saturday, and then the 2nd last game is in florida for the sens.

tight to the playoffs, the sens beat the habs tonight, but they've been crap since the olympic break.

so hopefully your cats won't play the spoiler.

btw, joined the facebook link. see ya there.

sens beat buffalo 4-2, that's 3 in a ROW. nice time to go on a tear and sorry onyx, but i hope it continues tommorrow night against the cats.

they have owned buffalo all season, yet lost to the the leafs almost all the time.

that sort of arrangement never makes sense to me.

Man the Avs have sucked bad lately!

Although, better now, then later, right??

Could Andy finally be tired?

At least it’s safe to say the Flames suck equally or worst and won’t catch them to squeeze them out of that #8 spot.

ooh pan it's going to be close.

the sens locked a playoff spot tonight with a shootout win over carolina.

so unless the sabres fall in the next three games we'll be playing the devils or the pens.

the interesting race is for eighth in the east as well, habs bruins and flyers all tied with 82 points the thrashers 2 points behind, and the rangers 4.

5-6 games to go for all, nothing is set yet.

Devils or Pens would be a tough matchup either way? Early exit no matter who they face?

Same for the Avs though, either San Jose or Chicago it appears. That’s if they can manage to get in.

I have tickets to tonight’s game, really close to the ice too, and its basically do or die for Calgary. They lose they fall back 4 points with just a handful of games left. They win they’re tied in points for the 8th spot. It should be a good one! I can’t wait to get out of work already!!

• 2 weeks later...

Devils or Pens would be a tough matchup either way? Early exit no matter who they face?

Same for the Avs though, either San Jose or Chicago it appears. That’s if they can manage to get in.

I have tickets to tonight’s game, really close to the ice too, and its basically do or die for Calgary. They lose they fall back 4 points with just a handful of games left. They win they’re tied in points for the 8th spot. It should be a good one! I can’t wait to get out of work already!!

sens vs pens,,,, and what?? no early exit man c'mon. they can beat the pens.

fleury ain't all that and a bag of chips, and they know how to shut down crosby and malkin.

sse it's colorado vs san jose and i have faith you can bring them down, so c,mon man.

see you in the finals.

the best hockey is about to come.

I’m excited as can be. Haven’t seen a playoff game in so long. Live I mean, I have tickets for game 3, here in Denver Sunday night. The Sharks scare me, but they’re known to fall under pressure. I just hope our young team has what it takes to put the pressure on them and bring them down.

Well how about that Pan!!!!

your avs beat the sharks, and my sens beat the pens in game one.

what'd i tell you, no early exit.

if both can steal the second game in their barns, then big time pressure on bothe sharks and pens to go on.

it always happens, a couple of the teams at the top when the regular season ends, can't get it done in the second season.

looking forward to tomorrow night.

Well, like I said, I was there at game 3. Epic performance for the ages! Third best Shutout (most saves) in NHL history! And the 2nd by an Av Goaltender! My throat was hurting a bit on Monday.

The Avs have definitely given the sharks more than they can chew. 3 OT games, and a tie series after 2. Now back to the sharktank for game 5 and their top line of Heatly/Marleau/Thornton has still yet to score. I predicted the sharks in 6, even as a hardcore Av fan. My kids are sooo young that I just wanted them to have a taste of playoff hockey.

Good luck to your Sens in Pittsburgh for game 5 Jeceris. Do or Die. I’ll be watching.

The NHL post-season is here and the first round playoffs are amazing, like the L.A. Kings is about to get beaten badly by the Vancouver Canucks, and the last time I checked the top-seed San Jose Sharks faced elimination from the Colorado Avaalanche. I grew up rooting for the Anaheim Ducks whom had an opportunity to appear in two Stanley cups: lost in 2002, but won 2007.