Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk vows to file 'thermonuclear lawsuit' as major advertisers desert X/Twitter

pellinore

7 minutes ago, Mister Mysterious said:

It could happen. Just look at the fans of "The View", people who think that the misnamed Joy, Sunny, and Whoopi are brilliant political pundits.

Yes. "The View" definitely has the over 65's convinced Trump is the next Hitler or Bill Cosby no doubt.  Ratings are through the roof!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

No. I didn't frame it that way.

I said: 

Just curious ... Would you personally knock out Musk's teeth if you ever meet him face to face for, as you said, "Doing what he does?" Whatever that means

In what world would Musk ever verbally attack you other than some made up fantasy concocted inside your head? 

The same fantasy world you made up where you left an open question framed as an attack. 

Whatever that means is pretty open isn't it? He's fighting Zuck and has a stupid mouth on him.

That (his mouth) could go anywhere. 

It's your fantasy buds. I'm just playing your game. 

And again, with the "punch people out" tough internet talk. Real life ain't like that. I think you've been watching too many movies. You've probably never been in a fight in your life. 

I think your lying, your not that sheltered, nobody is. Yeah real life is like that. 

I've been in about 12 street fights in my life. Is there a qualifying number? 

I would bet you have a line where you crack. Everyone does. You might be trying to act pacifist but your coming of as a ***** instead. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Yes. "The View" definitely has the over 65's convinced Trump is the next Hitler or Bill Cosby no doubt.  Ratings are through the roof!

Don't believe you. 

I take it your not including doccy in the over 65 bracket now..

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You seem to be taking passive to a new level. Like doormat level. Have you no self respect? 

I've got a lot of self respect and humility that's why name calling doesn't affect me. I know who I am. It says more about the person hurling the juvenile names for starters. I'll hurl them back playing sports or with people who I know aren't going to lose it on me. It's all in good fun. If an individual cannot control themselves over being called a name then it's that person who has issues. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I've got a lot of self respect and humility that's why name calling doesn't affect me. I know who I am. It says more about the person hurling the juvenile names for starters. I'll hurl them back playing sports or with people who I know aren't going to lose it on me. It's all in good fun. If an individual cannot control themselves over being called a name then it's that person who has issues. 

I don't know about that. Your trying to bait me into an adversarial situation after some neutral exchanges. That's certainly not respectful and it's manipulation isn't it. What the point in pushing to escalate a pleasant exchange into a heated exchange? Pacifist my butt. 

Is name calling the extent of "what he does" as you put it.? Now your beginning to clarify what you mean? 

I think you've still got a lot of work to do. And I think your lying your backside off. You probably have half a dozen DVOs on you and your trying to paint a pretty picture that won't fit the frame. 

Edited by psyche101

14 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

No, it's very different. It's own culture. You clearly have no experience in the industry to say that. 

Ive had my own Hardwood floors company since 2002.  Worked with my older brothers for five years before that with their home building/renovation company and helicopter logging for 2 years.  Never once saw anybody resort to actually physically fighting each other over an argument nevermind being called a name. 

Just curious... 

How many of your dozen fights have been on the job?  Hahaha 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Ive had my own Hardwood floors company since 2002.  Worked with my older brothers for five years before that with their home building/renovation company and helicopter logging for 2 years.  Never once saw anybody resort to actually physically fighting each other over an argument nevermind being called a name. 

Renovations isn't construction. 

It's renovation. Small scale projects. Prettying up a room or house.  Residential buildings I deal will contain 250 - 350 apartments on average. And they are nothing on industrial and commercial. My biggest project to date is 55 mil. Just my trade.

Deadlines and multiple trades on the floor create tensions. Often. You ever been on a deck concrete pour? I'm thinking no?

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Just curious... 

About four I think. 

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Then you should probably stop reading my posts or get over it.  I have no need to justify my opinions with anyone, especially with those who consider me to be some kind of mental case because of my beliefs.  I think it p***es a lot of people off here because I DON'T give a damn what they think about me ;)  

ETA:

No, I think it's more that you enjoy the negative energy. That's what most Trumpers are. Negative entities that thrive on the negative kool-aid negative politicians are feeding you. It's not really your fault. You're the product of 30+ years of negative GOP propaganda, and grooming. 

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Mister Mysterious said:

Mark Levin and Dennis Prager agree with you. I guess that they're "anti-Jewish" too.

Belated welcome to the forum! Good post👍

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, acidhead said:

NRL is coming to Vegas. Treat yourself.

There's usually a bit of biff in a game. It's all in good fun. 

Not uncommon in sports I watch either. 

16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Renovations isn't construction. 

Deadlines and multiple trades on the floor create tensions. Often. You ever been on a deck concrete pour? I'm thinking no?

No. Revovations/home building is construction.  Makes zero difference if the property being being built is a residential house or a commercial property. 

No. I've never been on a commercial deck concrete pour. I'm not in the concrete business and have no reason to be part of the that and neither would you if you're simply an electrician/sparky. By the time it's ready for concrete your job should be done laying your wire/conduit until the bext stage of the build. 

40 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

About four I think. 

About 4 fights on the job huh?  Give or take a couple? 

You must be a really popular electrician/sparky eh?  

hahaha 🤣

Edited by acidhead

Just now, acidhead said:

No. Revovations/home building is construction.  Makes zero difference if the property being being built is a residential house or a commercial property. 

It's entirely different. No wonder you sound lost. 

You just pretty up rooms in homes. You don't build anything. 

Just now, acidhead said:

No. I've never been on a commercial deck concrete pour. I'm not in the concrete business and have no reason to be part of the that and neither would you if you're simply an electrician/sparky.

How do you think wires magically get through concrete? 

Concreters don't give a rat's about deck conduits. You have to be on deck or your project will turn to crap at rough in. And you have to deal with steelies making sure you get between to top and bottom layer. 

Just now, acidhead said:

By the time it's ready for concrete your job should be done laying your wire/conduit until the bext stage of the build. 

If your pouring a 1x1 metre plinth or something. In real construction Kilometers of conduit go in for thousands of kilometres of cable. Your a glorified hobbyist compared to what I do. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

It's entirely different. No wonder you sound lost. 

You just pretty up rooms in homes. You don't build anything.

Worked on many commercial jobs here buds. 

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

How do you think wires magically get through concrete? 

Concreters don't give a rat's about deck conduits. You have to be on deck or your project will turn to crap at rough in. And you have to deal with steelies making sure you get between to top and bottom layer. 

If your pouring a 1x1 metre plinth or something. In real construction Kilometers of conduit go in for thousands of kilometres of cable. Your a glorified hobbyist compared to what I do. 

Is this when you fight guys on the job?  

hahaha 

11 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Your a glorified hobbyist compared to what I do. 

I'm a hardwood floor installer. It's what I do. It's part of the overall project.

Your job sounds like the most important job in the whole construction industry.  It's no wonder you get into these physical fights on the job.   If only more people understood this perhaps you wouldn't have to fight on the job as much. 

hahaha  🤣

7 minutes ago, acidhead said:

About 4 fights on the job huh?  Give or take a couple? 

3 or 4. Been a while. Hard to remember if one was a roof party or the after party. 

7 minutes ago, acidhead said:

You must be a really popular electrician/sparky eh?  

hahaha 🤣

Yeah actually. I am. An old apprentice of mine contacted me a month ago just to say gidday. The only people who have any concerns are bludgers. And they don't last. I get along great with my colleagues and workers when I supervised. And jobs came in on budget and on time. 

But enough about me. Why are you trying to make things heated if you're a pacifist? You keep avoiding that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Worked on many commercial jobs here buds. 

What, a literal tv commercial? 

Did a floor for the news presenters or something?

Edited by psyche101

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Belated welcome to the forum! Good post👍

Thanks, Hank. It's nice of you to welcome someone who would vote for Orange Man Bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acidhead said:

They've got the Zoomers, as well as the Boomers. Us Generation X people are caught between the hippy geezers and their commie grandkids. 

40 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Is this when you fight guys on the job?  

hahaha 

Once.

A steelie kicked a good eight or so conduits out of boxes so I threw 2 full boxes of tie wire down the lift shaft from level five. 

In the end it turns out easier to give them a carton before they start. Conduits are protected then. 

Why are you trying to pick a fight here and now? 

34 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I'm a hardwood floor installer. It's what I do. It's part of the overall project.

Pffft. 

It's a finishing trade. And you restrict to renovation. Done a fifty five million dollar project, just your trade, yet? 

34 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Your job sounds like the most important job in the whole construction industry.  It's no wonder you get into these physical fights on the job.   If only more people understood this perhaps you wouldn't have to fight on the job as much. 

hahaha  🤣

It's one of them, and that's why I'm good at my job. Building doesn't open without electricity. And if I, or someone under my direction stuffs up, someone can die. Or I can bring a city into blackout if I get synchronisation wrong. 

Then there's budget. If I don't follow the program my company goes bust. Fifty people out of work. 

That's pretty important yeah?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mister Mysterious said:

Thanks, Hank. It's nice of you to welcome someone who would vote for Orange Man Bad.

You sound familiar. Been here before? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mister Mysterious said:

Ah, an alt. How mysterious.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, acidhead said:

Just curious... 

Heli-logging is one of the most friendly ways to do it. Or if they let the forest get too "thick and sick" it's the only way. I never had the pleasure being Eastern Piney Woods material. It was all skidder here. 

I sawed many custom size spruce, yellow pine and white oak floor boards for locals doing historic renovations here also. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Both articles you cited referenced "the algorithm". In fact, the first article is entirely about "the algorithm". That's a different type of censorship than mods removing posts. While both would technically come under the broad umbrella term of "censorship", the algorithm doesn't actually delete any content, it simply filters content so that some content appears more prominently in people's social media news feeds. That is a different kettle of fish to the type of censorship I'm referring to, in which moderators are taking a look at some topics and deciding that those topics are verboten and will be deleted on sight.

Ah, the focus narrows.

You probably mean the second article, from CJR. I think you may have a fundamental misunderstanding as to how major social media corporations would remove posts if you don't think that algorithms are employed to do it. Zuck isn't going through your Facebook feed, one at a time, maniacally laughing to himself about how he hates conservatives as he removes your QAnon content. Ditto for Google at Youtube, etc. In fact, a main 'censorship' feature that has been complained about at Twitter is visibility filtering, (i.e., basically, shadow-banning).

But I suppose you're not interested in that, apparently. You wish to stick strictly to individual moderators deleting specific topics they disagree with. That seems to indicate we shouldn't discuss, for example, an algorithmic labeling of 'disinformation' tweets#StopTheSteal, etc. Okay. That's your decision.

So, uh, you got any information on that besides "Hey, trust me dude"?

It's pretty obvious that if conservative viewpoints were verboten, and being deleted on sight, that the search algorithms on platforms would not be finding content from them. A testable prediction one could make based on your assertion, and when we test that prediction, it is found to be wrong.

Yet, our findings appear to corroborate recent popular accounts that, rather than being squelched by the platform providers, conservative sources may actually have received something of a bump in prominence

Most of those topics are divided by political beliefs - take the lab leak theory, for example, which social media mercilessly deleted on sight if you even mentioned the possibility, and that lasted until Joe Biden became president, then it was ok to talk about it (and the FBI even suggested the lab leak theory was the most likely origin of covid-19).

I hesitate to ask, as usual, but do you happen to have anything to back up this claim that the 'lab leak theory', which is an amorphous enough concept that it runs the gamut from 'a designed bioweapon that was released from the lab' to 'innocent research that accidentally escaped than was lied about' was being deleted on sight from all social media? How, for instance, did you even see anything about it in that case?

As someone who was interested in the topic, I recall seeing discussion of it on Twitter. Ditto for Youtube. 

From my view, you're making things up again. But that's par for the course. 

The second article is a bit more comprehensive, but even they acknowledge the lack of studies into the matter. Though the author gives away their own bias when they frame the statement as "no large-scale studies exist that demonstrate a conservative bias" when the truth is no large-scale studies exist that demonstrate there ISN'T one, either - no such studies exist, period! Such large-scale studies simply don't exist, and even if they did could not reliably determine the reasons for why the content is removed.

You mean the first article (i.e., from NYU), but sure. You're the one complaining of bias against conservatives. And now you say there's no studies at all which could confirm your personal opinion?

I've provided reports looking at the available data, which show no evidence of any systematic bias in censorship. I suppose that each example provided is simply inadequate to you, and that's fine. It's never easy to teach people who are set in their ways.

So keeping in mind that there are no large-scale studies that support or deny how social media companies approach censorship based on ideology, I will continue to express what is clear and obvious to anyone who has ever used social media. You're living in a fantasy if you think censorship has been even-handed across the board. 

It's fine to express your personal opinion, unsupported by any evidence. In fact, it's even fine to express your personal opinion which is disproven by the available evidence, which is what you're doing now. Just don't expect people to take it seriously.

• Like 1