Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk vows to file 'thermonuclear lawsuit' as major advertisers desert X/Twitter

pellinore

16 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Key phrase.

This old dog knows that when you stop learning, you start forgetting.  Always best to stay active and up to date. 

17 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Okay. I guess we both get cookies.

Huh. Interesting. This is a new point that you've now raised, that you personally were censored by social media. What social media platform did your posts get removed from and what did your posts say?

I don't remember what I said, but the post disappeared shortly after I posted it. I did not receive any official communication from Facebook over it. 

17 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

No pretense, it simply is. I see you've been suckered by the left wing media. Pro-tip, you shouldn't believe everything you read!

Now that's a new one, never been accused of being suckered in by the left wing media before! 

16 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Nope.

Facts. Thanks for the chat. 

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

What you are suffering from is known as confirmation bias.

Pot, meet kettle. 

Edited by Paranoid Android

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Do you want free speech or forced speech with a level playing field?

Irrelevant question. I have not demanded enforcing speech on anyone! 

2 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I don't remember what I said, but the post disappeared shortly after I posted it. I did not receive any official communication from Facebook over it. 

Lol. Right. I imagined this would be the answer.

Okay, so...if you don't remember the hypothetical post you hypothetically made which was hypothetically removed, than how do you even know it was about the "lab leak" theory?

Don't make up things, please.

I too could now say that I posted something about the "lab leak" on social media without it being removed, with as much evidence as you have.

Now that's a new one, never been accused of being suckered in by the left wing media before! 

That's what happens when you take what they say at face value.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Lol. Right. I imagined this would be the answer.

Okay, so...if you don't remember the hypothetical post you hypothetically made which was hypothetically removed, than how do you even know it was about the "lab leak" theory?

Don't make up things, please.

I too could now say that I posted something about the "lab leak" on social media without it being removed, with as much evidence as you have.

Are you suggesting Facebook didn't remove posts about the lab leak theory? Make of it what you will, do you remember specific posts that were deleted from social medial two years after the fact? 

1 minute ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

That's what happens when you take what they say at face value.

I'm pointing out what the media is saying and your complain to that is "you shouldn't listen to what the media says". Well duh, I don't. But millions do. 

29 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Facts. Thanks for the chat. 

Pot, meet kettle. 

So a journalist that writes for for the New York Times, asserts they've never voted Rebublican and would never vote for Trump must be right-wing because they were banned for repeatedly breaching Twitter's COVID misinformation policy.  That must be that "nuance" that can be used to increase agricultural yields.

Continually breaching a policy would raise the apprehension of not understanding the biblical allegory of not heeding more-and-more severe warnings.  Breaking rules - that's not really the trait of a conservative; but, an activist or a moron.

That safe harbour of nuance is, in this case, what I call victimhood.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Irrelevant question. I have not demanded enforcing speech on anyone! 

You are demanding that MSN air stories that you have said they are censoring.............  Like Hunter's laptop and COVID Wuhan lab leak........  

If they don't want to, that is their perogative.  But you want them to, despite what they want, in the name of an level playing field.  It's literally what you have been complaining about in the bulk of this thread.

• Like 2

Are you suggesting Facebook didn't remove posts about the lab leak theory? Make of it what you will, do you remember specific posts that were deleted from social medial two years after the fact? 

Facebook had a policy of removing posts that stated the the virus was man-made or manufactured, if I recall your linked article correctly. If one decides that counts as "the lab leak theory" - which makes it a pretty useless categorical catch-all for any number of reasonable and unreasonable thoughts - then sure, they probably removed posts about it.

Can't recall any social media posts of mine being deleted. Must have been because I gave the moderation teams my voter registration and they saw I played for the right team. Guffaw.

So we've gone from social media in general shut down any discussion, to "I think a post of mine about the "lab leak" was deleted by Facebook but I don't remember anything about it". Well, we'll let the peanut gallery decide how believable that one is.

I don't find it very credible.

I'm pointing out what the media is saying and your complain to that is "you shouldn't listen to what the media says". Well duh, I don't. But millions do. 

But you do believe what the media says in this case. The media is saying that the "lab leak theory" is a partisan issue. You've agreed with that multiple times.

The Lamestream Media is wily.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

So a journalist that writes for for the New York Times, asserts they've never voted Rebublican and would never vote for Trump must be right-wing because they were banned for repeatedly breaching Twitter's COVID misinformation policy.  That must be that "nuance" that can be used to increase agricultural yields.

Continually breaching a policy would raise the apprehension of not understanding the biblical allegory of not heeding more-and-more severe warnings.  Breaking rules - that's not really the trait of a conservative; but, an activist or a moron.

That safe harbour of nuance is, in this case, what I call victimhood.

When it happens to you, you'll understand. Thanks for the chat. 

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

You are demanding that MSN air stories that you have said they are censoring.............  Like Hunter's laptop and COVID Wuhan lab leak........  

If they don't want to, that is their perogative.  But you want them to, despite what they want, in the name of an level playing field.  It's literally what you have been complaining about in the bulk of this thread.

Please, quote where I "demanded" any such thing! I have observed that the mainstream left wing media IS censoring certain content, I may even have lamented that fact. But I have NEVER demanded any news organisation change to suit me! 

1 hour ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Facebook had a policy of removing posts that stated the the virus was man-made or manufactured, if I recall your linked article correctly. If one decides that counts as "the lab leak theory" - which makes it a pretty useless categorical catch-all for any number of reasonable and unreasonable thoughts - then sure, they probably removed posts about it.

Can't recall any social media posts of mine being deleted. Must have been because I gave the moderation teams my voter registration and they saw I played for the right team. Guffaw.

So we've gone from social media in general shut down any discussion, to "I think a post of mine about the "lab leak" was deleted by Facebook but I don't remember anything about it". Well, we'll let the peanut gallery decide how believable that one is.

I don't find it very credible.

I'm not posting to change your mind, but I'm glad to know what you think. 

1 hour ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

But you do believe what the media says in this case. The media is saying that the "lab leak theory" is a partisan issue. You've agreed with that multiple times.

The Lamestream Media is wily.

I'm reporting to you guys what the left wing mainstream media is saying about it. The media are the ones who turned it into a partisan nightmare. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I'm not posting to change your mind, but I'm glad to know what you think. 

Alas, I cannot say the same. Well, your confabulation is obvious to external viewers, at least.

3 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I'm reporting to you guys what the left wing mainstream media is saying about it. The media are the ones who turned it into a partisan nightmare. 

So you don't think that the "lab leak" theory is partisan?

It is sort of amusing to watch the latest pretzel baking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Please, quote where I "demanded" any such thing! I have observed that the mainstream left wing media IS censoring certain content, I may even have lamented that fact. But I have NEVER demanded any news organisation change to suit me! 

Meh, you can play semantics if you want- but your stance has been clear.  "MSM must state what I want them to or else it is censorship."  You just can't accept that Freedom of Speech means they can say whatever they want or don't want. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Meh, you can play semantics if you want- but your stance has been clear.  "MSM must state what I want them to or else it is censorship."  You just can't accept that Freedom of Speech means they can say whatever they want or don't want. 

Semantics? Is called English, and you're butchering it to make a point about an issue that I'm not even arguing.  

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

Semantics? Is called English, and you're butchering it to make a point.  

Cool.  I've always been the sort that was more interested in driving the point home rather than trying to quibble over the wording of the point.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Cool.  I've always been the sort that was more interested in driving the point home rather than trying to quibble over the wording of the point.  

You're changing meningitis to make a point, when I've not asked anything like what you're suggesting. So keep misrepresenting , it just shows your character. 

You're changing meningitis to make a point, when I've not asked anything like what you're suggesting. So keep misrepresenting , it just shows your character. 

Ah, a pity.  Perhaps your mastery of English isn't as good as you think because after reading what you have said, that is exactly the message I (and most likely others in this thread) have received from you.

Perhaps, you can summarize your point again- with out implying that MSM must say stuff about Biden's laptop, Covid Wuhan origin, or anything else that they haven't but you think they should for it to not be censorship?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

When it happens to you, you'll understand. Thanks for the chat. 

You got suspended from Twitter?

Completely ignore that a Lefty got suspended for the same reason as your grievance.  It's nuance not confirmation bias, right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Ah, a pity.  Perhaps your mastery of English isn't as good as you think because after reading what you have said, that is exactly the message I (and most likely others in this thread) have received from you.

Perhaps, you can summarize your point again- with out implying that MSM must say stuff about Biden's laptop, Covid Wuhan origin, or anything else that they haven't but you think they should for it to not be censorship?  

I was on my phone for the content of that particular post, so "meningitis" was supposed to be "meanings" but auto-correct fail did a number on me. I'm not saying that any news company MUST report on any particular issue. But if they choose not to, or if they downplay the reporting to fit in with their political narrative then that demonstrates a bias to which these companies won't admit (or worse, will actively deny is happening), and if they choose not to report on it, then I am free to express an opinion about the biases behind why they chose not to report on it (or downplay it or whatever). 

And if they are choosing not to report on a particular story for because it goes against their politics, then that really IS censorship, whether you want to call it that or not! 

23 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

You got suspended from Twitter?

Not personally. I have been censored on social media, but never suspended. I know several who have, but the worst I've had is deleted content. 

23 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Completely ignore that a Lefty got suspended for the same reason as your grievance.  It's nuance not confirmation bias, right?

I'm talking about general attitudes towards conservatives. Being suspended from social media is just one small part of that, and being suspended for a very specific reason is an even smaller subset of that. You're trying to pretend that it wasn't right wingers who this mostly affected, and that's just dead wrong. 

Making up an imaginary story about one's Facebook posts being deleted to claim victimhood is certainly the most amusing thing I've seen today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Making up an imaginary story about one's Facebook posts being deleted to claim victimhood is certainly the most amusing thing I've seen today.

Days not over yet 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

If I was going to make up stories, I can think of better ones than "social media deleted posts", that's too common to be an interesting story. But congratulations on getting me to reply again to you, I had thought our discussion had finished after your last post to me. Ah well :rolleyes: 

6 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

If I was going to make up stories, I can think of better ones than "social media deleted posts", that's too common to be an interesting story. But congratulations on getting me to reply again to you, I had thought our discussion had finished after your last post to me. Ah well :rolleyes: 

Keep making stuff up, and I'll keep replying.

Or you could actually provide evidence of your convenient claim that suddenly appeared midway through this discussion which you can't provide any details for.

• Like 1