Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk vows to file 'thermonuclear lawsuit' as major advertisers desert X/Twitter


pellinore

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Keep making stuff up, and I'll keep replying.

Or you could actually provide evidence of your convenient claim that suddenly appeared midway through this discussion which you can't provide any details for.

I don't need to do any such thing just to appease you. You've made your OPINION quite clear on the matter, though, so there's nothing more to discuss. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I don't need to do any such thing just to appease you. You've made your OPINION quite clear on the matter, though, so there's nothing more to discuss. 

Lol. Keep making things up, then.

Elon himself, personally, told me that he hates free speech and is censoring every single left-wing Tweet on TwiX. In fact, he hit the delete button on many of my posts. Want proof of that? Sorry, they were deleted with no evidence, several years ago. I don't really remember what was said in the posts. Except, uh, censorship. Anyone who thinks this is wrong and needs to be appeased has a wrong OPINION and I don't need to discuss it further.

Uh, censorship bad.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Doc Socks Junior said:

Lol. Keep making things up, then.

Elon himself, personally, told me that he hates free speech and is censoring every single left-wing Tweet on TwiX. In fact, he hit the delete button on many of my posts. Want proof of that? Sorry, they were deleted with no evidence, several years ago. I don't really remember what was said in the posts. Except, uh, censorship. Anyone who thinks this is wrong and needs to be appeased has a wrong OPINION and I don't need to discuss it further.

Uh, censorship bad.

Whatever you say, fancy pants. I don't really care if you believe me or not. I've got plenty of stories to share that go against your preferred narrative, you probably think all of them are made up when they go against your beliefs. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Whatever you say, fancy pants. I don't really care if you believe me or not. I've got plenty of stories to share that go against your preferred narrative, you probably think all of them are made up when they go against your beliefs. 

I did use to enjoy Fancy Pants Adventure, back in the day. They just don't make flash games like they used to.

Foolish people getting posts deleted on the Internet doesn't go against my beliefs though. It's one of my core beliefs. Unfortunately, it went up against the logic circuit of a different core belief, which is not to trust a confirmed fantabulist.

You, just like Dark Joe Brandon, can make up all the stories you want! You've got my permission, big guy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

I did use to enjoy Fancy Pants Adventure, back in the day. They just don't make flash games like they used to.

Never heard of it. "Whatever you say, fancy pants" is quote from an early 90s computer game (The Secret of Monkey Island) said by a surly old shopkeeper to the protagonist whose pants were not all that fancy, though better than Herman Toothrot's (who didn't have ANY pants).  

 

9 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Foolish people getting posts deleted on the Internet doesn't go against my beliefs though. It's one of my core beliefs. Unfortunately, it went up against the logic circuit of a different core belief, which is not to trust a confirmed fantabulist.

You, just like Dark Joe Brandon, can make up all the stories you want! You've got my permission, big guy.

Whatever you say, fancy pants 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Never heard of it. "Whatever you say, fancy pants" is quote from an early 90s computer game (The Secret of Monkey Island) said by a surly old shopkeeper to the protagonist whose pants were not all that fancy, though better than Herman Toothrot's (who didn't have ANY pants).

Kids these days haven't heard of the classics, alas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fancy_Pants_Adventures

2 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Whatever you say, fancy pants

😛

I appreciate your useful contributions. It's better than making things up out of whole cloth, though, so good job on learning a few things here.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Not personally. I have been censored on social media, but never suspended. I know several who have, but the worst I've had is deleted content. 

 

I'm talking about general attitudes towards conservatives. Being suspended from social media is just one small part of that, and being suspended for a very specific reason is an even smaller subset of that. You're trying to pretend that it wasn't right wingers who this mostly affected, and that's just dead wrong. 

Well, your posts don't reflect that you were talking about general attitudes.  You were talking about how specific policies were applied by Twitter.  You even went so far as to protest that you were not talking about the Stolen Election Misinformation Policy.

What you are protesting is that a policy, that sought to mitigate unsubstantiated information or misinformation based on sinophobia and othering, affected those the continually breached the policy.

It's not unusual that sanctions are applied to those that commit breaches.

It's conservative wisdom that to avoid sanctions avoid committing breaches.  It's biblical infact.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Well, your posts don't reflect that you were talking about general attitudes.  You were talking about how specific policies were applied by Twitter.  You even went so far as to protest that you were not talking about the Stolen Election Misinformation Policy.

What you are protesting is that a policy, that sought to mitigate unsubstantiated information or misinformation based on sinophobia and othering, affected those the continually breached the policy.

It's not unusual that sanctions are applied to those that commit breaches.

It's conservative wisdom that to avoid sanctions avoid committing breaches.  It's biblical infact.

Ah, I see a little better.  However,  i think what you are not taking into account is that social media companies actively change** their policies on the fly to react to discourse like the lab leak theory.  The argument is that if left wingers were talking about it instead then these companies would not have treated it as misinformation. More specificity I think the argument is that if non-Trump supporters were talking about it (in an attempt to "fortify the election" - if you don't know what that means, google it and read the Time Magazine article).

** when I mention them changing rules.  What I mean by this is at least two things: 1- that they either literally add a rule or change a rule (and commentators have had bans overturned on appeal because they were banned retroactively after a rule was imposed) or 2- they cite a generalised rule that could apply to thousands of issues but it's convenient to just apply it to the issues that benefit left wingers (ie, when left wingers start discussing the lab leak theory,  now it's ok to talk about it on social media, even though it was "misinformation" literally a day earlier). 

In any case, that's how it seems to be coming across. If I've missed something I'll be happy to clarify. 

~ Regards,  PA

Edited by Paranoid Android
Added final paragraph, pressed send slightly too early
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Ah, I see a little better.  However,  i think what you are not taking into account is that social media companies actively change** their policies on the fly to react to discourse like the lab leak theory.  The argument is that if left wingers were talking about it instead then these companies would not have treated it as misinformation. More specificity I think the argument is that if non-Trump supporters were talking about it (in an attempt to "fortify the election" - if you don't know what that means, google it and read the Time Magazine article). Whatever the case,  these policies are so broad that that it enables companies to choose specific issues to be against,  and they always seem to censor issues championed by conservatives. 

** above I mention them changing rules.  What I mean by this is at least two things: 1- that they either literally add a rule or change a rule (and commentators have had bans overturned because they were banned retroactively after a rule was imposed) or 2- they cite a generalised rule that could apply to thousands of issues but it's convenient to just apply it to the issues that benefit left wingers (ie, when left wingers start discussing the lab leak theory,  now it's ok to talk about it on social media, even though it was "misinformation" literally a day earlier). 

That really is just a cry of victimhood.

Remember you said it was a fact the Lefties weren't banned for spreading COVID misinformation.  In fact, the fact is they were.  Twitter has a long history of banning/suspending Lefties.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

That really is just a cry of victimhood.

Remember you said it was a fact the Lefties weren't banned for spreading COVID misinformation.  In fact, the fact is they were.  Twitter has a long history of banning/suspending Lefties.

I don't recall claiming that lefties were not being banned for covid misinformation.  If I did I will retract as it was not my intended comment. My claim is that social media companies (being left leaning organisations) are actively manipulating the TOS and applying them to issues inconsistently, depending on which side of the political aisle is primarily championing. 

I know your opinion on that, I'm not stating this to convince you, just to clarify that I'm not arguing that left wingers talking about issues championed primarily by right wingers won't be treated differently. 

At least not until it becomes popular on both sides,  then social media will change its rules (again) and allow discussion (again). 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He should fire himself for destroying his own company.

Elon Musk has issued a defiant and profanity-laced message for the advertisers who pulled money from X in recent weeks amid a backlash over his endorsement of an antisemitic tweet and reports of increased hate speech on the platform.

Video of the interview, which was widely circulated, showed that Musk said, “Don’t advertise,” on Wednesday during an on-stage interview at an event in New York. “If someone’s going to try to blackmail me with advertising, blackmail me with money, go **** yourself.”

Elon Musk hurls defiant, profanity-laced retort at fleeing advertisers | Elon Musk | The Guardian

 

Edited by pellinore
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How are Disney shares doing these days?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pellinore said:

He should fire himself for destroying his own company.

Elon Musk has issued a defiant and profanity-laced message for the advertisers who pulled money from X in recent weeks amid a backlash over his endorsement of an antisemitic tweet and reports of increased hate speech on the platform.

Video of the interview, which was widely circulated, showed that Musk said, “Don’t advertise,” on Wednesday during an on-stage interview at an event in New York. “If someone’s going to try to blackmail me with advertising, blackmail me with money, go **** yourself.”

Elon Musk hurls defiant, profanity-laced retort at fleeing advertisers | Elon Musk | The Guardian

 

That's a bit bizzarre.  You aren't supposed to scream at and scare away customers in business.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

He has balls

Musk for President

He has triple citizenship- He is South American/Canadian/America (I should have brought him up to Desertrat56 as he is a good example of someone with multiple citizenships after swearing the oath to abandon all others).

So he isn't eligible because he isn't "Natural born".

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He has triple citizenship- He is South American/Canadian/America (I should have brought him up to Desertrat56 as he is a good example of someone with multiple citizenships after swearing the oath to abandon all others).

So he isn't eligible because he isn't "Natural born".

Thats a shame, they need to remove that rule.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

How are Disney shares doing these days?

Up, over the past month.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Up, over the past month.

I personally still wouldn't invest in it.  The root Florida problems it has is still there.  Too many negative external factors to make me want to risk it.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

He has balls

Musk for President

He didn't say it to his face as far as I know 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2023 at 4:45 AM, Paranoid Android said:

I don't recall claiming that lefties were not being banned for covid misinformation.  If I did I will retract as it was not my intended comment. My claim is that social media companies (being left leaning organisations) are actively manipulating the TOS and applying them to issues inconsistently, depending on which side of the political aisle is primarily championing. 

I know your opinion on that, I'm not stating this to convince you, just to clarify that I'm not arguing that left wingers talking about issues championed primarily by right wingers won't be treated differently. 

At least not until it becomes popular on both sides,  then social media will change its rules (again) and allow discussion (again). 

Terms of services are public information.  Can you provide evidence of them applying them inconsistently, or shall we just take your word for it?  No wonder you're not a moderator anymore.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Terms of services are public information.  Can you provide evidence of them applying them inconsistently, or shall we just take your word for it? 

Terrorist organisations have social media accounts, but rather than ban these terror groups they ban people who say that Hunter Biden had some bad stuff on a laptop (for example)! 

 

27 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

No wonder you're not a moderator anymore.  

I didn't want to be a moderator. I stepped down from the moderator position YEARS AGO when I left the forum. When I returned in 2020-21 I had zero interest in moderating.

Stop looking for conspiracies where none exist ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Terrorist organisations have social media accounts, but rather than ban these terror groups they ban people who say that Hunter Biden had some bad stuff on a laptop (for example)! 

Next time start your post with "once upon a time"

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Next time start your post with "once upon a time"

Are you suggesting that terror organisations don't exist on social media? Or are you suggesting that no one was banned for saying Hunter Biden had a laptop with bad stuff on it? 

Both are objectively true and verifiable even through the mainstream media. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.