Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China hospitals overwhelmed with sick children

Eldorado

Chinese hospitals have been “overwhelmed with sick children” as an outbreak of pneumonia escalates in cities across the country, including Beijing, according to reports.

ProMed – a large, publicly available surveillance system which monitors human and animal disease outbreaks worldwide – issued a notification late on Tuesday detailing a reported epidemic of “undiagnosed pneumonia” in children.

MSN

Zhou Huixia, director of the children's medical center at the Seventh Medical Center of the Chinese PLA General Hospital, said during an interview with China Daily that the number of mycoplasma pneumoniae infections resulting in hospital visits began rising in May and has increased rapidly since August.

"The wave has appeared particularly ferocious since the National Day holiday in early October," she said. "Compared to previous years, we found more patients with mixed infections, drug resistance and lobar pneumonia.

"This wave is intense, and we are expecting to experience the peak of the outbreak throughout the next month," she added.

China Daily

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

Exactly the same kind of story that preceded the announcment of a "novel coronavirus".  The timing is even the same.  

• Like 1

The World Health Organization (WHO) has asked China for more information on "clusters of undiagnosed pneumonia" reportedly spreading among children in the north of the country.

The WHO says it is unclear if the reported pneumonia outbreak and overall increase in respiratory infections reported by Beijing are linked - and has made an official request for more detailed information.

It has urged people in China to take basic precautions like getting vaccinated, wearing masks and hand-washing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-67505218

• Like 4

Whatever you do. Don't call it the China Virus, or it's origins will never be figured out.

Probably all these kids were playing with Pangolins. 😆

Seriously though, I hope they get it figured out and it's just a common virus that's going around.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:40 PM, and-then said:

Exactly the same kind of story that preceded the announcment of a "novel coronavirus".  The timing is even the same.  

Not even close. I’ve read that the higher numbers of pneumonia hospitalizations in children are believed to have started around May, 2023, in China, and subsequently surged only recently. This new phenomenon is multi-pathogenic, and is believed to be related to the lifting of Covid restrictions, which if recall, were unusually tight. Reuters 11-24-23

Where do you get these misleading ideas from?

Original "novel coronavirus" announcement - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

China has reported no "unusual or novel pathogens" in clusters of child pneumonia cases, the World Health Organization has said.

Beijing has attributed a rise in flu-like illnesses to the lifting of Covid curbs, said the WHO, which had requested for more data on the cases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-67505218

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Blaming China for Covid-19 is like blaming their butterflies for our severe weather.

As I vaguely recall, they were the first to sequence the virus’ genome, and released the data, first.

It’s how we all handled the remediation that became the far bigger problem, and that was a train wreck, which extended far beyond China’s borders.

I got a pneumonia shot and bought my N 95 masks in early February 2020, way before 99% of the folks in my community, even thought there was a problem. Why, because of what I read in January 2020 on UM, and because of what I wrote here, in 2019.

Our train wreck in the U.S. was caused by the lack preparation, largely because our idiot President was downplaying the virus from the very beginning, while that liar, Anthony Fauci was telling me that N 95 masks were not important, so that healthcare workers could hoard the remaining supply. The damage these two men did, alone, is immeasurable, and far greater than anything that China did, in terms of mitigation.

Once that d’mn virus was out, it was done. It was out, and it was out everywhere, and would have escaped China eventually, anyway.

Still want to blame some Wuhan lab with no proof? Blame the United States for helping fund, the same lab. Better yet, blame the Wright brothers for inventing the airplane, or the Phoenicians for modern shipping, which is how the 1918 flu spread.

China, isn’t the problem. Those who blame others for any plague, announced here, will live to see far worse. They are being prepared, even as I type these words. Your only chance at survival, will be by changing your behavior towards one another. If there’s no light in your soul, you won’t have a prayer, literally.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 1:50 AM, Raptor Witness said:

Where do you get these misleading ideas from?

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease-outbreak-news/item/2020-DON229

Here^   The first contact with what was later named covid 19 was patients presenting with "pneumonia of unknown cause"  If you want to get p***y about exact dates, feel free to loose your inner Covid psycho ;) 

Who Hoo is the real pathogen here...

Edited by qxcontinuum

Yeah. A Chinese virologist at the WIV filed for the first vaccine in early February 2020, even though it usually takes 3 months of data collection to establish such a vaccine.

So that in no way is suspicious...

And then that researcher "fell" from the roof if the WIV in July...

https://nypost.com/2023/11/28/news/former-white-house-official-says-its-certainly-possible-china-killed-researcher-who-started-covid-pandemic/

Not suspicious at all. Timing simply is coincidences, right?

(Sarcasm)

Edited by DieChecker

On 11/24/2023 at 5:32 AM, DieChecker said:

Whatever you do. Don't call it the China Virus, or it's origins will never be figured out.

Probably all these kids were playing with Pangolins. 😆

Seriously though, I hope they get it figured out and it's just a common virus that's going around.

Wasn't I reading that there's a child disease outbreak in the states as well at the moment? 

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Wasn't I reading that there's a child disease outbreak in the states as well at the moment? 

I know there's a dog virus going around (among dogs). And the bird flu is out of control (among birds). I haven't heard anything about a major wave of kids getting sick. Other then the usual Fall viruses, like colds and the flu. 

Found this...

https://m.timesofindia.com/world/us/us-childhood-pneumonia-outbreak-in-ohio-respiratory-illness-in-children-in-china/articleshow/105643466.cms

Warren County, Ohio, is currently experiencing a significant increase in pediatric pneumonia cases, surpassing the threshold for what health officials are calling an "outbreak."

And this from back in the Spring...

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/03/03/1160490089/a-surge-in-sick-children-exposed-a-need-for-major-changes-to-u-s-hospitals

A surge in sick children exposed a need for major changes to U.S. hospitals

That was RSV, which is a common childhood illness, but kids had been been not catching it with the Covid19 controls in place, so a bunch caught it this year.