Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pro-Palestine group arrested for gluing themselves to Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade route[merged]

WVK

Exactly, this is terrible. 
They need to protest in such a way it doesn’t upset or offend anyone. 
Like the summer of love or the January amble through Congress. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

HOW DARE THEY. 
I mean, it’s a parade sugarcoating aspects of American history like European atrocities against the local peoples, these protestors need to keep in their lanes and not cause a fuss. They should protest in a way it doesn’t upset or offend anyone. 
Like the summer of love or the amble through Congress. 

• Like 3

They have to offend, because they are offended. Need everyone to know they are offended. Because that's how the USA is today. The offended make the news, and the other 99% have to work around them to get things done, while government, news, and big business, pander to the loud mouths and coddle them.

We all have the right to protest, but we don't have the right to take away from others.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

This part I got a chuckle...

Some chanted, "There is only one solution, intifada revolution," while others called for a cease-fire in the Israel-Hamas war.

So some were calling for Uprising, while the others are calling for a Cease Fire. Contradicting desires, IMHO. Maybe "peaceful uprising"? That's not really what the Arabic word (intifada) means though, AFAIK. It's always been used to mean a violent uprising.

• Like 4

My high school played it's main rival this morning so I watched that. The Macy's Parade is being rebroadcast and I have it on while I finish cooking. I wonder if these people made it on to TV. I kind of doubt it..

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Exactly, this is terrible. 
They need to protest in such a way it doesn’t upset or offend anyone. 
Like the summer of love or the January amble through Congress. 

Do you agree that gluing their hands to the road was a valid means of protest?  Their intention seems to be to ruin the experience for the thousands who came there wanting to enjoy a bit of tradition and holiday cheer.  At what point does a "protest" become a criminal act against the city or town where it is done?  I guess it beats someone detonating an explosives vest but I can better understand example set by a Panamanian lawyer's recent reaction to such forms of protest.

• Like 4

If you want to glue yourself to a street I guess you can. I wonder how they were removed. Did they use Gorilla Glue or what?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, susieice said:

If you want to glue yourself to a street I guess you can. I wonder how they were removed. Did they use Gorilla Glue or what?

I wonder if they really care about the Palestinians or are they mentally unstable and engaging in pro formative display.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

They'd be cured of the habit if someone forced them to stand and ripped off a lot of skin.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I get the frustration but I'm in a good mood and all the negativity around protesting has me thinking of Monty Python 

😁

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

• The title was changed to Pro-Palestine group arrested for gluing themselves to Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade route[merged]
4 hours ago, and-then said:

Do you agree that gluing their hands to the road was a valid means of protest? 

Any protest group strives to get peoples' attention. This works! And it is not the first time.

4 hours ago, and-then said:

Their intention seems to be to ruin the experience for the thousands who came there wanting to enjoy a bit of tradition and holiday cheer.

Actually, their intention is to get attention. Most likely, this also ruins the experience for other people, but that is not their intention. 
I wonder how many people actually ended up joining forces with them. 

Free Palestine? From whom? Genocide Then, Genocide Now? Not even close.

If they want to 'free' Palestine and protest genocide, those morons should switch their focus to Hamas.

• Like 6

I’d respond,  but I’ve glued my hands down in protest of their protest.

• Haha 4

Watching various videos, it's not clear how they pulled them up. But, clearly they did. 

Lost a little "skin in the game" as it were.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Free Palestine? From whom? Genocide Then, Genocide Now? Not even close.

If they want to 'free' Palestine and protest genocide, those morons should switch their focus to Hamas.

Maybe they have, they might be focusing on calling for attention and asking for help because they can't get rid of them by themselves.

• Like 2

They weren't on TV. At least not during the parade. Or it was cut off from the rebroadcast.

Here's an article with video and pics. Right in front of the McDonalds entry :no: A great read.

Pro-Palestinian protesters glue their hands to 6th Avenue, disrupting Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (msn.com)

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Any protest group strives to get peoples' attention. This works! And it is not the first time.

Actually, their intention is to get attention. Most likely, this also ruins the experience for other people, but that is not their intention. 
I wonder how many people actually ended up joining forces with them. 

From what I saw in the link above, the crowd was not amused.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, and-then said:

They'd be cured of the habit if someone forced them to stand and ripped off a lot of skin.  

From my link:

As NYPD officers tried to move the group, one of the protesters said: “I’m glued down I can’t get up.”

Protesters demonstrating at the parade.FNTV

“We need a cease-fire,” he said while still being unglued and carted away. “The Palestinians deserve the right to return to their ancestral land.”

Video shows at least one person crying out in pain as cops tried to move them and get them into handcuffs. 

The demonstrators also defaced the New York Public Library, leaving red handprints all over the two largest pillars at the entrance on 5th Avenue, as well as scrawling “Free Palestine” in green spray paint.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

this also ruins the experience for other people, but that is not their intention

How do you know this?  I think if they have even a basic intellect they cannot miss the fact that they are ruining something for others and THAT is what they rely upon to cause their message to be remembered.  You may be willing to give them that latitude but most people do not want others cramming a message down their throat against their will.  The reports of the cease fire preceded this event so why doesn't that satisfy them?  IMO, it's because they won't rest until they have drawn the last possible measure of publicity from this war to damage Israel's "justification" for fighting at all.  RAZE HAMAS.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, and-then said:

Do you agree that gluing their hands to the road was a valid means of protest?  Their intention seems to be to ruin the experience for the thousands who came there wanting to enjoy a bit of tradition and holiday cheer.  At what point does a "protest" become a criminal act against the city or town where it is done?  I guess it beats someone detonating an explosives vest but I can better understand example set by a Panamanian lawyer's recent reaction to such forms of protest.

That's a fair point, and it's especially true when unhinged Marxists impede emergency traffic by blocking roadways, especially highways. What's a few stalled ambulances, with dying people inside, when you can virtue signal in public for your Facebook friends?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe they have, they might be focusing on calling for attention and asking for help because they can't get rid of them by themselves.

Whilst it's difficult to accurately measure Palestinian support for Hamas, I think it safe to say that it is widespread. Hamas is viewed by many there as the protector of Palestine and you will often see Hamas symbols, flags, and green headbands during pro-Palestinian protests.

• Like 1