Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oscar Pistorius granted parole and will be released from prison in January

Still Waters

South Africa’s parole board has granted early release to Oscar Pistorius, the former athlete jailed for the 2013 murder of Reeva Steenkamp, who was his girlfriend.

Pistorius shot and killed Steenkamp, a law graduate and model, through a bathroom door in their shared home in Pretoria on Valentine’s Day 10 years ago. He claimed he thought there was an intruder in the bathroom when he opened fire.

He will be released on 5 January after a parole board deemed him fit for social reintegration, South Africa’s correctional services department said on Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/24/oscar-pistorius-parole-hearing-decision-november-2023-killing-reeva-steenkamp

Previously related:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

How annoying. That creep got a light sentence to begin with, and now he's been granted early release, the conditions of which are nowhere near enough. I can understand why Reeva Steenkamp's mother doesn't have the energy to face him again, but her response to the news was a lot more gracious than mine would have been.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

How annoying. That creep got a light sentence to begin with, and now he's been granted early release, the conditions of which are nowhere near enough. I can understand why Reeva Steenkamp's mother doesn't have the energy to face him again, but her response to the news was a lot more gracious than mine would have been.

I agree.. He should of stayed in prison..

• Like 5

10 years for murder?

What a joke. 

He should die in prison. Sub human garbage. 

• 1 month later...

Oscar Pistorius has been freed on parole nearly 11 years after murdering his girlfriend in a case that made global headlines.

The former Paralympic champion - once celebrated as the 'blade runner' - was granted parole in November and today left a South African jail and is now at home, South Africa's correctional services department said.

What are Pistorius' parole conditions?

https://news.sky.com/story/oscar-pistorius-freed-on-parole-nearly-11-years-after-murdering-girlfriend-reeva-steenkamp-13042278

On 11/29/2023 at 3:29 AM, psyche101 said:

10 years for murder?

What a joke. 

He should die in prison. Sub human garbage. 

Not just 11 years but involving a gun crime too.

He is lucky he wasn`t in the US.

• Like 1

It was manslaughter and his achievements as a Paralympian should still be commended despite this tragedy. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, White on White said:

It was manslaughter and his achievements as a Paralympian should still be commended despite this tragedy. 

It was murder and he should burn slowly.