Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doctor Who at 60: what qualities make the best companion ?

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Doctor Who at 60: what qualities make the best time travel companion ?
  • The title was changed to Doctor Who at 60: what qualities make the best companion ?

TX for the post, a lot in there. Never personally heard of "post-traumatic growth" . I know in some countries PTSD seems to be almost overly common, from teachers, nurses to rubbish bin haulers and on and on.

Oh, title was changed to time travel companion!  Well I know walking the dog seems to shrink time as the sun goes down instantly lately almost as we get out the door ( stepping out thinking what the?, should have brought some light along, or torch for some).

. . . . . --nosy

The best sort of companion is one that both counterpoints and compliments their Doctor - Barbara’s compassion counterpoints the first Doctor’s standoffishness whilst complimenting his spirit of adventure, Rose’s humanity counterpoints the ninth Doctor’s loneliness while complimenting his curiosity, Bill’s wonder counterpoints the twelfth Doctor’s jadedness, Graham’s practicality counterpoints the thirteenth Doctor’s whimsy….

• Like 1

Live long and prosper!

Having just watched the first Eccleston episode again. What made Rose a good companion was her lack of fear to Act. When the Doctor needed something, BAM, she was there for him.

Skills are great and all, and knowledge and intelligence, blah, blah, blah. But the companions aren't usually there to think up the Plan, they're there to make the plan happen. 

What qualities would they need?  Well, patience for one 😂

• Haha 1

With all the great companions I will have to rate my favorites as

• Sarah 
  • Donna
  • Amy
  • Adric
  • Romana

Not necessarily in that order