Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What was the promised land to Isaac?

docyabut2

At the center of the Dome of the Rock sits a large rock, which is believed to be the location where Abraham was prepared to sacrifice his son Ismail (Isaac in the Judeo/Christian tradition). 

The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, "Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live. Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to your father Abraham.

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, "Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live. Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to you

Judging by the events of the last two thousand plus years, an empty promise.

At least God didn’t let his idiot father go through with killing him. Then the lord would have been guilty of instigating murder in addition to being a liar.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Thanks 2

Most people are unaware that "Isaac" means laughter.  What Abraham was sacrificing was the tendency to laugh at God.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

heard by God

IsmailIsaac is a boy's name of Arabic origin. Meaning “heard by God,” this name is open to a few interpretations.
Edited by docyabut2

I kinda of believe thats the  place where Hagar. Ishmael were kicked out of the camp and sat down on a stone and promised that land .

What was the promise given to Ishmael?

And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca

According to Walid Khalidi, in Ottoman times "the Palestinians considered themselves to be descended not only from Arab conquerors of the seventh century but also from indigenous peoples who had lived in the country since time immemorial."[50] Early Jewish advocates of Canaanism in the 1940s, including founder Yonatan Ratosh, claimed Palestinians were the descendants of Canaanites and encouraged Israeli irredentism.[51?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Palestinians#:~:text=According to Walid Khalidi%2C in,the 1940s%2C including founder Yonatan

Edited by docyabut2

32 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Sorry all but I`m trying to understand our history :)

The Bible is the last place to look. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Bible is the last place to look. 

On top of which both Palestinians and Israeli’s are Canaanite in origin so infighting between two descendant groups with distinct religious ideologies, something which will likely never be reconciled between them IMO. 

cormac

• Like 3

But wondering  if a Palestinian and Jewish man or women can  fall in love and marry ? A modern Jewish women can own her half of  husband`s  property, and land,  A Muslim women can `nt own anything ? right ?

Edited by docyabut2

Do Palestinians marry outside their culture?

Some may meet through university, youth empowerment programs and other initiatives that create spaces for men and women to meet and interact. It is also very common for Palestinians living outside the Palestinian Territories to marry people from other countries or cultures.

16 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Some may meet through university, youth empowerment programs and other initiatives that create spaces for men and women to meet and interact. It is also very common for Palestinians living outside the Palestinian Territories to marry people from other countries or cultures.

It's very common for people in general to marry outside their ethnic group outside their place of origin.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

But wondering  if a Palestinian and Jewish man or women can  fall in love and marry ? A modern Jewish women can own her half of  husband`s  property, and land,  A Muslim women can `nt own anything ? right ?

There are both indigenous Palestinian Jews and Christians. They aren't all Muslims. 

• Like 4

Milton Keynes, per chance?

Hoboken.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Hoboken.

Definitely when it comes to food, ferries and train yards. 😀

• Haha 2

I know I might be Jewish  but I am a christen.  my mom had a dna test and she was 3% jewish  and said my great great grand father`s name was Solomon.   

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 4:23 AM, docyabut2 said:

An ex of mine was Palestinian, we split because she had cats and I was allergic (it was, in fact, HOW I discovered I was allergic. Let’s just saw it killed the mood on what was turning into an exciting afternoon). 

• Like 1