Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Freemasons Worship What?! & A Haunted Atheist Professor

ReadTheGreatControversyEGW

32 minutes ago, eight bits said:

Well, the Massachusetts Grand Lodge has a rich display of mosaic panels on its Tremont Street exterior. I posted one of the interior examples of the seal here earlier (the seal is the far right panel on the image below).

Grand_Lodge_of_Masons_in_Boston.JPG

Very nice! I was unaware of that thank you.

36 minutes ago, eight bits said:

In bygone days, the Elks had many similarities with the masons, but today are much different (no "degrees," women members since the 1990's, ...).

ETA and I just noticed, the abbreviation of the name (Benevloent Protective Order of Elks) "looks like" Baphomet:

BAPHOMET
B*P*O*E

OK:

B*P**O*E

but close.B).

Both very likely deductions, I would agree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, eight bits said:

Well, the Massachusetts Grand Lodge has a rich display of mosaic panels on its Tremont Street exterior. I posted one of the interior examples of the seal here earlier (the seal is the far right panel on the image below).

Grand_Lodge_of_Masons_in_Boston.JPG

Still, Baphomet seems unlikely, and much of the original point is lost if all you show is the head. While I await Read's photo (and perhaps fearing that the wait may be a long one), I wonder if what she saw was an Elks lodge whose emblem features an antlered head.

bpoe.jpg.5ea1e69d5d1c9df1ea057331f7da9c71.jpg

In bygone days, the Elks had many similarities with the masons, but today are much different (no "degrees," women members since the 1990's, ...).

ETA and I just noticed, the abbreviation of the name (Benevloent Protective Order of Elks) "looks like" Baphomet:

BAPHOMET
B*P*O*E

OK:

B*P**O*E

but close.B).

I think she's just lying through her teeth.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

I think she's just lying through her teeth.....

What?! A proselytising Adventist lying to make a point!? 
Inconsivesble! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What?! A proselytising Adventist lying to make a point!? 
Inconsivesble! 

She's just waiting for one of you evil Catholic schoolteachers to put her in a death camp for not worshipping on Sunday.

• Haha 3

On 11/26/2023 at 5:07 AM, Piney said:
On 11/26/2023 at 3:41 AM, XenoFish said:

@Antigonos

I think this hand grenade is in your court.

I think it was a passive-aggressive throw directly at him.

Antigonos gives me pretty dark vibes but I still kinda like him. No this wasn't about him, he did say he was a Freemason didn't he? Mhmm well anyways this kinda stuff is interesting to me. I am a conspiracy theorist after all. 😁

26 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

Antigonos gives me pretty dark vibes but I still kinda like him. No this wasn't about him, he did say he was a Freemason didn't he? Mhmm well anyways this kinda stuff is interesting to me. I am a conspiracy theorist after all. 😁

Your a consummate liar who lies to yourself. One lie piled on another. Borderline pathological. 

Your religion is a evil antisemitic sewer and none of you have a ounce of couth or class.....

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

Antigonos gives me pretty dark vibes

That's how you wish to see people. I suppose such a mindset is normal for someone who seems to see evil in everything outside of their religious paradigm.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

There were and still are Masons in my Quaker birth Meeting (Philadelphia) that have done more for humanitarian causes in one week than you would do your entire life. One ran the Salem Quarter Underground Railroad.

And it was Masons and Quakers who founded the American democracy. Not those idiot Puritans like your self hating Mulatto false prophet claims.  

Evil is always projecting and accusatory on the righteous and you fit the description perfect.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, eight bits said:

BAPHOMET
B*P*O*E

OK:

B*P**O*E

but close.B).

Clever!  The clock hands look like they're coming out of the top of its head which makes it a little more sinister at first glance too.  Oh those evil ones, always doing their best work around the edges of pareidolia...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Piney said:

She's just waiting for one of you evil Catholic schoolteachers to put her in a death camp for not worshipping on Sunday.

Nah, it’s lashes for not going to church on Sunday, the death camps are for people who misuse the grocer’s apostrophe. 

• Haha 2

On 11/26/2023 at 2:44 PM, Hammerclaw said:

It's an old boy's club with a fee for every advancement, but the cookouts and dinners were to die for. You swear your oath on whatever religious text you base your personal morality on.

That was my second hand experience by way of my father's membership.  They had their meetings and good fellowship but they also put a lot of time, money, and effort into doing charitable work in the community.  Their primary charity was support for children's hospitals in the community.  The only thing that was unsettling to me was attending my father's Masonic funeral.  He and I were not close and I'll never forget how his brothers in the lodge spoke from a written piece of paper, basically saying that all there is to this life is what good works you leave behind you.  Then they said death was an end to it and there was nothing more, whereupon they tore the sheet of paper into bits and tossed it into the grave, turned and walked away.  It made me sad to think that he actually believed that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and-then said:

That was my second hand experience by way of my father's membership.  They had their meetings and good fellowship but they also put a lot of time, money, and effort into doing charitable work in the community.  Their primary charity was support for children's hospitals in the community.  The only thing that was unsettling to me was attending my father's Masonic funeral.  He and I were not close and I'll never forget how his brothers in the lodge spoke from a written piece of paper, basically saying that all there is to this life is what good works you leave behind you.  Then they said death was an end to it and there was nothing more, whereupon they tore the sheet of paper into bits and tossed it into the grave, turned and walked away.  ...

That's interesting. While Masonic funerary rites are typically scripted, they generally seem to reflect a belief in an afterlife and a celestial lodge presided over by God. Here is a selection of American scripts:

http://www.themasonictrowel.com/leadership/programs/ceremonies/funeral_services.htm

There seems to be great flexibility in the scriptural readings chosen. Although not necessarily suggested, there are Jewish Bible verses which convey a finality to death, and since the scriptures are the Great Light of Masonry, these verses might be chosen for the occasion. While I defer to our OP for a comprehensive selection, Ecclesiastes is rich in downers. For example, verses 9:5-6: (KJV, of course)

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

or verse 10:

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

=

2 hours ago, and-then said:

... It made me sad to think that he actually believed that.

Maybe you needn't be sad. You find consolation in your belief that your life will not end; others find peace with a life that ends, and a purpose in doing the best possible with the meantime. Different strokes, etc., not necessarily something to be sad about.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, and-then said:

basically saying that all there is to this life is what good works you leave behind you. 

I personally see no issue with that. All we leave in this mortal coil is a memory. Even that fades and an afterlife isn't a guarantee, it's a hope. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I personally see no issue with that. All we leave in this mortal coil is a memory. Even that fades and an afterlife isn't a guarantee, it's a hope. 

Your only immortal if your remembered.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

Antigonos gives me pretty dark vibes but I still kinda like him. 

That’s the effect my unique brand of charm has.

No this wasn't about him, he did say he was a Freemason didn't he?  

Yes. My older brother and I are fourth generation Freemasons on my mother’s side of the family. My uncle, my grandfather Tony who I am named after, and his two uncles were Masons before us. I have tried to find records of Tony’s grandfather (another Tony) having been one but haven’t been successful thus far. Generally, records in Greece from that time are difficult to locate. Much has been destroyed unfortunately. 

Mhmm well anyways this kinda stuff is interesting to me.  😁

That’s good to know honestly. I find both ancient and European history endlessly fascinating, there are always more things to learn about. History is a giant jigsaw puzzle. The more pieces you discover, the clearer the overall picture becomes. We have some excellent historical discussions on these forums. You should follow them even if all you do is lurk and read.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2023 at 6:44 PM, cormac mac airt said:
On 11/26/2023 at 5:40 PM, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

Hope you know the light he once brought was the light of God. He doesn't have any light to bring anymore. That's where the moon analogy comes in.. 

No he didn’t because Lucifer WAS NEVER an angel and most certainly was not the same as Satan. :rolleyes:

You're not talking the Bible..? that must be from some other writings. In the Bible he (lucifer) is called, a cherub. That's an angel. 

On 11/26/2023 at 9:50 PM, Hankenhunter said:

You really have to stop believing everything you watch on YouTube. The place is infested with false prophets. You know, the ones your Bible warned you against? 

Walter Veith is not a prophet. He was/is a professor who shares his personal experiences with the supernatural and how he ended becoming a Christian. He is well learned and in this video backs ups what he says with quotes from higher level Freemasons. Nothing there to doubt. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

You're not talking the Bible..? that must be from some other writings. In the Bible he (lucifer) is called, a cherub. That's an angel. 

Only once, just once and it's a metaphor.

https://www.covenantbaptistchurch.cc/blog/who-is-lucifer/#:~:text=The only place in the,found is in Isaiah 14.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

Walter Veith is not a prophet. He was/is a professor who shares his personal experiences with the supernatural and how he ended becoming a Christian. He is well learned and in this video backs ups what he says with quotes from higher level Freemasons. Nothing there to doubt. 

Except he's been caught in a lot of lies and racist statements according to those vetted and sourced links provided by @eight bits

Your own church even called him out. 

7 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

No "he's" not. Lucifer is a adjective in Isaiah and it says nothing about being Cheribum, who are actually lower order angels. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I have no idea why my brain hasn't been turned to jelly from all the ignorant crap I've read.

Probably a lack of sugar..

Only ideas laden with too much sugar will result in "Jelly Brain". 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I have no idea why my brain hasn't been turned to jelly from all the ignorant crap I've read.

You’ve been exposed to so much that you’ve built up an immunity to it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/26/2023 at 3:44 PM, Hammerclaw said:

It's an old boy's club with a fee for every advancement, but the cookouts and dinners were to die for. You swear your oath on whatever religious text you base your personal morality on. College Fraternities are much more diabolical. 

Secret Of The Masons: It's Not So Secret : NPR

Then, of course there are the female masons, The Order of the Eastern Star. Where did you think all the great food came from?

Order of the Eastern Star - Wikipedia

In regards to "swear your oath" I've heard this before. Supposedly, you must believe in a supreme being or idk something beyond death. Out of curiosity, is this true? If someone doesn't believe in anything, they can't join? 

18 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

You haven’t got the foggiest whom exactly is being discussed in the Bible. It’s the King of Babylon who is being castigated and rebuked for his overinflated ego. the King of Babylon was no angel. :rolleyes:

Try again. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2