Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Freemasons Worship What?! & A Haunted Atheist Professor

ReadTheGreatControversyEGW

21 hours ago, XenoFish said:

What annoys me is you constantly telling us that God is Love. Now you tell us to find God. So in finding god, I find that god isn't love. What if the god I find in an eldritch horror that dreams our reality and will destroy it if it wakes. Not your god. Let me correct that, not your Idea of God.

Perhaps I did find god and the only answer is unknowable. That no one not the theist or the atheist know with 100% certainty that it even exist. The ultimate maybe. What then? Am I also wrong? 

Then you've obviously got a hold of the wrong god.

GOD is Singular, that oneness is peace, and peace is bedrock of wisdom and intelligence.

Therefore, if your life is not improving in a very real, and noticeable way, then you've got the wrong god/goddess.

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Then you've obviously got a hold of the wrong god.

GOD is Singular, that oneness is peace, and peace is bedrock of wisdom and intelligence.

Therefore, if your life is not improving in a very real, and noticeable way, then you've got the wrong god/goddess.

Nope. You told me to find god, not your god. Plus you're attempting to dictate my life based upon your expectations. That's dishonest and deceitful.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Nope. You told me to find god, not your god. Plus you're attempting to dictate my life based upon your expectations. That's dishonest and deceitful.

If it was you complaining about scriptures, then I made the suggestion to GFGFY, then you wouldn't have to rely upon anyone else, their beliefs, their books, their dogma.

In other words I was suggesting that you stand upon your own two feet.

In other words, if you don't like something, try changing those circumstances by taking responsibility, for yourself!

And with mindfulness, strive.

34 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

If it was you complaining about scriptures, then I made the suggestion to GFGFY, then you wouldn't have to rely upon anyone else, their beliefs, their books, their dogma.

In other words I was suggesting that you stand upon your own two feet.

In other words, if you don't like something, try changing those circumstances by taking responsibility, for yourself!

And with mindfulness, strive.

Then why tell me that my God is the wrong one? Why are you trying to dictate my life? What actually makes you think you're better at living my life? Why do you assume I'm not responsible for my own life? Again you're under the assumption that you have any measure of authority in what I do. Treating me as a lesser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Come back when you've managed to build a pyramid, or even a grand cathedral.

Hi Crazy Horse

I have worked structural steel both in shop building prototypes of new products which for the light towers meant hand making over a thousand parts then assembling them and in the feild at power ststions, pulp mills and mines. I have worked walking a 10" iinch I-beam 200' off the ground doing repairs or modifications with no safety harness. Have also worked 3200' undergound in a potash mine installing a suspended conveyor system that is attached to the boring equipment to transport the potash as it is bored. Get back to me when you can do more than change a light bulb and have gotten a journeyman ticket.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

No its not, its a suggestion..

If I had said, "you must go find GOD for yourself.." then you might have a point.

The actual context was that he was complaining about revisionist scriptures and misinterpretation and such, so I suggested to GFGFY.

Hi Crazy Horse

Yes you are telling others what to do in the post I quoted, quit waffling and accept responsibility for your words. I have said to you several times that maybe the way you say something doesn't accurately express yoir thoughts so maybe take a bit more time choosing you words.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 11/28/2023 at 4:07 PM, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

It is an upside down pentagram I saw it but I am not going unto their property to take a picture .. ha! 😄

Screenshot_20231128-135411_DuckDuckGo.jpg

So no baphomet. Pentagrams are pagan. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:
On 11/28/2023 at 3:07 PM, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

It is an upside down pentagram I saw it but I am not going unto their property to take a picture .. ha! 😄

Expand  

So no baphomet. Pentagrams are pagan. 

Screenshot_20231130-060239_DuckDuckGo~2.jpg

Edited by ReadTheGreatControversyEGW

I think this is pretty sketchy. Why would you do this? Not trustworthy then. Some Freemasons are intentionally being misled by the upper echelon members.. even with the symbols displayed on the building! He doesn't understand the true meaning of the symbols on the building. He thinks he understands them. Wow. 

Screenshot_20231130-062027_Photos~2.jpg

Edited by ReadTheGreatControversyEGW

32 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

I think this is pretty sketchy. Why would you do this? Not trustworthy then. Some Freemasons are intentionally being misled by the upper echelon members.. even with the symbols displayed on the building! He doesn't understand the true meaning of the symbols on the building. He thinks he understands them. Wow. 

So you're here to judge and condemn anyone who isn't a Christian. 

• Thanks 2

On 11/27/2023 at 11:08 AM, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

I don't know a lot about Freemasonry personally, but I know something's up. I live right by a lodge and am always weirded out walking by it - has a baphomet head depiction right on the front of the building Lol! I had met an Adventist once who was a Freemason and he told me it's safe etc. 

You are frustratingly ignorant EGW.  Do you even know what Baphomet is?  

The fact is that Baphomet is a demonic depiction of the Prophet Mohammed used by the Knights Templar as part of their initiation.  The deal was that they were led into a room and forced to perform a number of very unchristian acts, like stamping on a Crucifix and foreswearing their faith, and worshiping Baphomet (Mohammed) as part of their Templar initiation.  Why?  Not because the Templars were Satanists.  It was because that is what captured knights had to look forwards to if they fell into enemy hands in the Holy Land.  The initiation was supposed to be grueling and terrifying, and a first step into joining a very committed Holy Order.  How do we know this?  Because Pope Benedict XVI came forwards with the information when he exonerated the Knights Templar in 2008 in the Chinon Parchment.  Stupidly a number of Satanists have taken the image of Baphomet as their symbol, which is hilarious, as they are actually worshipping a racist propaganda depiction of Mohammed.  As to the Freemasons, they have pretentions to being part of the surviving Knights Templar rites, so it makes sense for them to have depictions of Baphomet.  You can be sure they don't worship it; they're monotheists who think God is "The Great Architect" and are devoted to mysticism and charitable works.  You can't join the Freemasons unless you are a monotheist.  

Knights Templar exonerated

Chinon Parchment

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

So another quote from Pike's lunacy plagarized from Eliphas Levi which was never the practiced nor accepted by the Masons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Stupidly a number of Satanists have taken the image of Baphomet as their symbol, which is hilarious, as they are actually worshipping a racist propaganda depiction of Mohammed.

There are a couple things wrong with this.  First, etymology is not binding on future generations, Baphomet today is usually used as a symbol for Satan.  That it used to refer to Mohammed is not necessarily any more relevant than the fact that 'gay' used to just refer to being happy.  Second the most known 'Satanists' who use Baphomet appear to be The Satanic Temple, who do not believe in a supernatural Satan and thus don't 'worship'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

There are a couple things wrong with this.  First, etymology is not binding on future generations, Baphomet today is usually used as a symbol for Satan.  That it used to refer to Mohammed is not necessarily any more relevant than the fact that 'gay' used to just refer to being happy.  Second the most known 'Satanists' who use Baphomet appear to be The Satanic Temple, who do not believe in a supernatural Satan and thus don't 'worship'.

There have been many depictions. The Satanist use Levi's version. The only reason Satanism exist is because of Christianity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So you're here to judge and condemn anyone who isn't a SDA

Fixed it.

They aren't Christians. They are a true cult. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Levi's baphomet is a unification of dualities. 

From what I've been reading about Pike he was a occultist who just happened to be involved with Scottish Rite. He doesn't even come close to what your average Mason believes. 

He actually did a lot which p***ed off other Masons like holding "Masonic Baptisms". 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Piney said:

From what I've been reading about Pike he was a occultist who just happened to be involved with Scottish Rite. He doesn't even come close to what your average Mason believes. 

He actually did a lot which p***ed off other Masons like holding "Masonic Baptisms". 

Exactly right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

Exactly right.

It's like saying because there is a Muslim young Earth creationist they all are from Veith's flawed logic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's like saying because there is a Muslim young Earth creationist they all are from Veith's flawed logic. 

Blanket statements annoy me in general, whatever the subject. Taking a nuanced approach to history is the only way to properly examine and understand it. But that requires the ability to think critically of course. Pike was an outlier.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Fixed it.

They aren't Christians. They are a true cult. 

I should stop using the term Christian in a general sense. Every Christian is different and not all of them are psychotic like Westboro. 

Even if I strip the ideology down to a few things it comes to love God, love thy neighbor, pray in secret, do good in secret. Probably missed some stuff.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Yes you are telling others what to do in the post I quoted, quit waffling and accept responsibility for your words. I have said to you several times that maybe the way you say something doesn't accurately express yoir thoughts so maybe take a bit more time choosing you words.

Or maybe your lack of understanding, of the meaning and the intention of my words, is the issue here.

And maybe that's because you have little to no interest in what I've got to say..

Except to either belittle me, undermine me, or trying some other negative action and intent.

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Or maybe your lack of understanding, of the meaning and the intention of my words, is the issue here.

And maybe that's because you have little to no interest in what I've got to say..

Except to either belittle me, undermine me, or trying some other negative action and intent.

Well, you work so hard to earn the contempt of others, you might as well accept it as your due. You farm rocks for a living. That's no one's fault but your own.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Why should anyone?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why should anyone?

Well that's up to the individual, to decide for themselves, right?