Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO incident over Labrador, Canada continues to intrigue 45 years on

UM-Bot

11 minutes ago, NCC1701 said:

https://www.onthisday.com/date/1978/november/13

Nasa launched a rocket that day.

Right, it was a  Nasa rocket that everyone saw all the way from Labrador. Let me guess, the first stage landed in the towns water supply. You're going to have to do a lot better than this. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Right, it was a  Nasa rocket that everyone saw all the way from Labrador. Let me guess, the first stage landed in the towns water supply. You're going to have to do a lot better than this. Lol.

I wish the heck I saw that one, Hank. It must have been huge. 

Sometimes it's good to take a stroll down memory lane, eh? 

Oh, just as an aside, NASA rocket launches in Florida can be seen as far up as Georgia, but that's about it. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I wish the heck I saw that one, Hank. It must have been huge. 

Sometimes it's good to take a stroll down memory lane, eh? 

Oh, just as an aside, NASA rocket launches in Florida can be seen as far up as Georgia, but that's about it. 

Careful what you wish for. There's the trauma of the incident that you carry for the rest of your life because there's no closure. Will it come back? What did it want? Everyone thinks we're mistaken about what we saw. Some are ridiculing us.

I can, in a small way understand what they went through as I saw one a few months ago. Took me a while to get my head around it. 

• Like 1

Here's another interesting case.

Shag Harbour UFO Incident

An Extraordinary Event

front page newsAn extraordinary event in 1967 would practically put the small fishing village of Shag Harbor on the map. Located at the southern tip of Nova Scotia, this rural community would be host to one of the best-documented UFO events of the past 40 years.

https://www.barringtonmunicipality.com/Visiting-Us/shag-harbour-ufo-incident

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 7:03 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Careful what you wish for. There's the trauma of the incident that you carry for the rest of your life because there's no closure. Will it come back? What did it want? Everyone thinks we're mistaken about what we saw. Some are ridiculing us.

I can, in a small way understand what they went through as I saw one a few months ago. Took me a while to get my head around it. 

Try wrapping your head around the logic of hiding evidence, and then threatening people for revealing it.

The evil is out of this world.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Here's another interesting case.

Shag Harbour UFO Incident

An Extraordinary Event

front page newsAn extraordinary event in 1967 would practically put the small fishing village of Shag Harbor on the map. Located at the southern tip of Nova Scotia, this rural community would be host to one of the best-documented UFO events of the past 40 years.

https://www.barringtonmunicipality.com/Visiting-Us/shag-harbour-ufo-incident

To summarize: something fell into the water (most likely a meteorite) but they didn't find anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i doubt it intrigues many... the vast majority of humans on this planet wouldn't know of this 'alleged' incident.

Still, bringing up old stuff like this keeps the fantasy juices bubbling.. some need it. Nothing wrong with that- enjoy😉

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 11:51 PM, Hankenhunter said:

You're going to have to do a lot better than this

nothing will be better... even aliens actually landing (ya know the real deal/ world news) telling you it wasn't aliens. it wouldn't compute. i think you'd be so confused your brain would explode 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, astrobeing said:

To summarize: something fell into the water (most likely a meteorite) but they didn't find anything.

According to the police officers present the "object" sat on the surface of the water. Didn't know meteorites floated. I guess they can hover too. Learn something everyday. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, astrobeing said:

To summarize: someone saw something in the sky and someone built a fire in the snow.

You actually have to read the article before you can summarize. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/30/2023 at 3:46 PM, Hankenhunter said:

According to the police officers present the "object" sat on the surface of the water. Didn't know meteorites floated. I guess they can hover too. Learn something everyday. Thanks.

Yes, that's what they thought they saw. Everything else fits a meteor.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 8:17 PM, Hankenhunter said:

You actually have to read the article before you can summarize. 

Did I miss the part where the flying saucer left physical evidence like the campfire did?

• Like 1

Liked the article write-up.

Fires *heh! * okay,

.... now, I know kids, and often they are up to something, just look at his smirk .... see if I can pop that pic in here:

young-richard-neville.jpg

. . . . .     --nosy

Edited by Nosy.Matters
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, astrobeing said:

Yes, that's what they thought they saw. Everything else fits a meteor.

4e1929e16a1efdb3a2f3de054d2cf058744b6403.jpeg

19 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

4e1929e16a1efdb3a2f3de054d2cf058744b6403.jpeg

By all means point out the important details that I missed after reading the article three times and comparing with a similar article. Two people claimed they saw incredible amazing things in the sky that left no trace and no one else saw. One was a teenager and the other was only a child nine years old, not exactly high on the scale of reliable witnesses.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 3:46 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Of course this object that sat on the water miraculously disappeared without a trace. Also witnesses disagreed on what they saw. Only one police officer (Constable Pound) said he saw something on the water. Oddly Constable O'Brien and Police Corporal Victor Werbieki did mention seeing this.

34 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

By all means point out the important details that I missed after reading the article three times and comparing with a similar article. Two people claimed they saw incredible amazing things in the sky that left no trace and no one else saw. One was a teenager and the other was only a child nine years old, not exactly high on the scale of reliable witnesses.

Everything was creditable, but not that kid

. . . .  X D

• Like 1