Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rees-Mogg happy to see the end of UK farming


pellinore

Recommended Posts

Speaking on BBC Radio 4, Mr Rees-Mogg suggested that cheaper fruit should be imported from overseas.

The prominent Conservative MP made the comments following the release of the UK's latest migration figures, which reached a record 745,000 last year.

"We don't need fruit pickers," he told the BBC, "If fruit can be grown more cheaply and more economically in foreign countries, we should import more fruit".

Despite record migration figures, British fruit and vegetable growers are continuing to see a diminishing workforce since Brexit and the pandemic.

The former business secretary's latest controversy comes after he called for more 'hormone-injected beef from Australia' at the Conservative Party conference.

UK 'does not need fruit pickers', Jacob-Rees Mogg suggests - FarmingUK News

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

When the SHTF, as it will do, the governments will be able to hold the leverage of starvation over local populations until they get in line and obey.  Nice, eh?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pellinore said:

Speaking on BBC Radio 4, Mr Rees-Mogg suggested that cheaper fruit should be imported from overseas.

The prominent Conservative MP made the comments following the release of the UK's latest migration figures, which reached a record 745,000 last year.

"We don't need fruit pickers," he told the BBC, "If fruit can be grown more cheaply and more economically in foreign countries, we should import more fruit".

Despite record migration figures, British fruit and vegetable growers are continuing to see a diminishing workforce since Brexit and the pandemic.

The former business secretary's latest controversy comes after he called for more 'hormone-injected beef from Australia' at the Conservative Party conference.

UK 'does not need fruit pickers', Jacob-Rees Mogg suggests - FarmingUK News

Rees-Mogg is an ass.....

.and Australian beef taste like a Pine Barrens deer. Tough, dry and gamey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Rees-Mogg is an ass.....

.and Australian beef taste like a Pine Barrens deer. Tough, dry and gamey

You need to try the good stuff. We have excellent beef if you know where to go. The best stuff goes to Japan, I think mostly because they pay top dollar. 

We used to kill our own meat growing up. We had mostly Brahmans. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You need to try the good stuff. We have excellent beef if you know where to go. The best stuff goes to Japan, I think mostly because they pay top dollar. 

We used to kill our own meat growing up. We had mostly Brahmans. 

Our herd was Black Angus. Mom sold to fancy restaurants in resort areas. Now the herd is wind turbines.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Piney said:

Our herd was Black Angus. Mom sold to fancy restaurants in resort areas. Now the herd is wind turbines.

We were the only Brahman farmers around. Most people had Herefords. We did milk too. We have Wagyu here, but it's a mixed breed. Good steak though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Piney said:

Our herd was Black Angus. Mom sold to fancy restaurants in resort areas. Now the herd is wind turbines.

Black Angus……

F7CAB01C-E5FD-454B-AB65-803D943B814B.jpeg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Piney said:

 tastes like a Pine Barrens deer. Tough, dry and gamey

Probably what the Jersey Devil tastes like. He spends a lot of time there

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

Black Angus……

F7CAB01C-E5FD-454B-AB65-803D943B814B.jpeg

Angus has become very common here. Even Macca's has Angus burgers. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Angus has become very common here. Even Macca's has Angus burgers. 

One more reason for me to visit!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Piney said:

Rees-Mogg is an ass.....

.and Australian beef taste like a Pine Barrens deer. Tough, dry and gamey

THEM’S FIGHTIN’ WORDS!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, and-then said:

When the SHTF, as it will do, the governments will be able to hold the leverage of starvation over local populations until they get in line and obey.  Nice, eh?

Really despicable character this Mogg guy. Ruin the livelihood of 10% of the population so he can eat a cheap apple

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Angus has become very common here. Even Macca's has Angus burgers. 

Wagyu also

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

We were the only Brahman farmers around. Most people had Herefords. We did milk too. We have Wagyu here, but it's a mixed breed. Good steak though. 

Mum and dad ran some Murray Greys on a hobby farm. Nice pleasant and easy to handle. The smaller Angus are more feisty 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Rees-Mogg happy to see the end of UK farming

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.