Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S Federal Judge Rules Against Voting Machines In Georgia

Buzz_Light_Year

I'm surprised that this hasn't been posted yet.

https://wsau.com/2023/11/21/u-s-federal-judge-rules-against-voting-machines-in-georgia-similar-lawsuits-likely-in-other-states-before-2024/

A U.S. federal judge ruled in favor of a landmark lawsuit in the state of Georgia that alleges that voting machines can be hacked or manipulated via cyberattacks and other criminal activity.

According to the Post Millennial, U.S. District Judge Amy Totenberg, who was appointed to her position by former President Obama, addressed the case last Friday that seeks to replace Georgia’s computerized voting machines with paper ballots. She stated in a decision footnote that the evidence in the case “does not suggest that the plaintiffs are conspiracy theorists of any variety.”

“Indeed, some of the nation’s leading cybersecurity experts and computer scientists have provided testimony and affidavits on behalf of the plaintiffs’ case in the long course of this litigation,” Judge Totenberg added.

Now before the left leaning members chime and say that this is a right wing conspiracy of some kind need I remind them that it was the Democrats who first complained about the potential for voter fraud with voting machines. 

Another:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hack-election/story?id=41489017

And another:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democratic-senators-warned-of-potential-vote-switching-by-dominion-voting-machines-prior-to-2020-election

Democrat claims of voting machine hacking goes clear back to Bush II era. 

Back in the early days of voting machines, well those using MS Access as a database, the database could be hacked using notepad. A simple VBS script could be written that would retrieve the database password and I know this to be true because I have the script. To be honest though it only works on Access databases that use the MDB file extension and they're largely not in use anymore but still out there but probably not being used in voting machines.

Remember when voting machines in Nevada automatically selected Harry Reid's name? I attribute that to just bad programming as they would more than likely have used an option control array and in a control array Option 0 will be automatically selected but even that depends on how and with what was used as the programming language. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I heard about this.  the lawsuit is to go to trial in January 9 and directly relates to the 2021 Coffee County breach Tampering with rural Georgia election data cited in Trump Georgia indictment (ajc.com) and Trump's RICO trial.

The lawsuit originally was back in 2017 but has since evolved because of more current events.  

Judge rules Georgia voting machine case must go to trial (americanmilitarynews.com)

• Like 2

Oh man, imagine this ends up proven beyond any doubt? Would that mean they’d have to pay FOX news back?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Oh man, imagine this ends up proven beyond any doubt? Would that mean they’d have to pay FOX news back?

Uh, no.

• Like 2

Oklahoma's voting machines cannot, by law, have no connection to the Internet.  I'm wondering if that lawsuit will affect us.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066

45 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Nah,  Fox settled out of court.  Basically, it was them saying we will give you $787 million and apologize if you don't pursue this matter any further.

It wasn't court ordered damages or anthing.  It's a two edged sword, really.  Fox gets to honestly say that they were never convicted of fraudulent statements in court in return.

Plus, even though Trump's co-conspirators were able to break in and access the machines, they weren't able to change the data and effect the outcome of the election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Oklahoma's voting machines cannot, by law, have no connection to the Internet.  I'm wondering if that lawsuit will affect us.

Doug

So you’re saying that they must be connected to the Internet? 
Golly, that sounds safe.

30 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So you’re saying that they must be connected to the Internet? 
Golly, that sounds safe.

NO connection to the Internet.  Sorry about the wording.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

I’ve seen and worked on the actual tabulation machines. I’ve NEVER seen one that can hook to the internet. 

Any machine can be “hacked” or tampered with. Knowing how the systems work (the processes and procedures) precludes “hacking” .  

Sure, some guy can hack and manipulate a machine but I’m confident they would be noticed either opening a machine (breaking a seal to do so) or sneaking into a secure room and plugging something into a tabulation machine.

Election security is NOT just the machines. It’s the many checks and rechecks that makes our process secure.

Just for the record…

MANY election officials were against machines that didn’t allow (purely electronic with no clear ability to print) hand recounts.

Nibs

11 hours ago, HerNibs said:

I’ve seen and worked on the actual tabulation machines. I’ve NEVER seen one that can hook to the internet. 

Any machine can be “hacked” or tampered with. Knowing how the systems work (the processes and procedures) precludes “hacking” .  

Sure, some guy can hack and manipulate a machine but I’m confident they would be noticed either opening a machine (breaking a seal to do so) or sneaking into a secure room and plugging something into a tabulation machine.

Election security is NOT just the machines. It’s the many checks and rechecks that makes our process secure.

Just for the record…

MANY election officials were against machines that didn’t allow (purely electronic with no clear ability to print) hand recounts.

Nibs

In Oklahoma the machine is set out by itself in plain view of everybody in the room.  Voting staff are not allowed near the machine while a person is voting.  At the end of the day there are three different checks on number of votes cast.  Each of three officials signs off that each number is correct.  The boxes are then sealed and turned over to the Inspector for delivery to the Elections office.  There the machine is opened and the ballots recounted on a different machine, making sure the numbers match the earlier counts.  Results are telephoned to the state board.

I agree that hand counts need to be available as a backup to the voting machines.

Oklahoma machines have no Internet connections.

Doug

• Like 1