Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gibraltar to be ceded to the EU

pellinore

This seems very fair. Gib voted overwhelmingly to remain the EU.

Although there are similarities between Gibraltar and Northern Ireland – which has a separate set of Brexit trade arrangements – officials caution that a trade deal between the EU and Gibraltar would centre on full alignment with EU standards.

Under the Windsor framework for Northern Ireland arrangements, certain goods, such as fresh farm produce, have to meet EU standards if they are to be sold onwards to the republic of Ireland.

In Gibraltar’s case, a deal would centre on goods crossing the border into the EU, hence the need for full alignment with EU rules and regulations.

As part of the Brexit negotiations, Spain, Britain and the EU agreed Gibraltar would remain part of EU agreements, such as the Schengen area, and Spain would police the port and the airport, pending a lasting solution.

Spain ready to sign post-Brexit Gibraltar deal, says foreign minister | Gibraltar | The Guardian

Edited by pellinore

I think rumours of Gibraltar's excommunication are greatly exaggerated.

Apparently there is a plan to build a dam between the pillars of hercules. 

So now would not be a good time to give rights over the rock to Spain or anybody else. 😉

Edited by L.A.T.1961
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I think rumours of Gibraltar's excommunication are greatly exaggerated.

Oh I don't know, Starmer will be Prime Minister soon, he'll probably hand over the Falklands as a 2 for 1 deal.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Oh I don't know, Starmer will be Prime Minister soon, he'll probably hand over the Falklands as a 2 for 1 deal.

He`ll find it much easier getting it through Parliament once Scotland has gone.

No SNP MPs to take away his majority.

Edited by Electric Scooter