Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Russian court bans LGBTQ movement as 'extremist'

OverSword

Russia’s Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that LGBTQ activists should be designated as extremists, in a move that representatives of gay and transgender people fear will lead to arrests and prosecutions.

A Reuters reporter in court heard it announce that it had approved a request from the justice ministry to recognize what it called “the international LGBT social movement” as extremist and to ban its activities.

The move is part of a pattern of increasing restrictions in Russia on expressions of sexual orientation and gender identity, including laws outlawing the promotion of “non-traditional” sexual relations and banning legal or medical changes of gender.

President Vladimir Putin, expected shortly to announce that he will seek a new six-year term in March, has long sought to promote an image of Russia as a guardian of traditional moral values in contrast with a decadent West.

Link

• Sad 3

Putin's country sounds like a lot of far right Americans. 

What a surprise :o. That of course has no effect on their view over Ukraine aide though..

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I once saw a video of two gay men in Russia walking down the street holding hands to show the world what it's like being gay there and men were walking through their hands (like playing Red Rover) and challenging them to fights, spitting on them, pushing them off the sidewalk into the street.  How insecure must you be to behave like that?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That of course has no effect on their view over Ukraine aide though..

What do you mean by this part?

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What do you mean by this part?

I feel like some far right people are against Ukraine aid because they sympathize with Putins Christian traditionalist ways and war against "woke".  So they don't see him as that bad of a guy.

I know that's not the reason for all people who are against Ukraine aide.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I feel like some far right people are against Ukraine aid because they sympathize with Putins Christian traditionalist ways and war against "woke".  So they don't see him as that bad of a guy.

I know that's not the reason for all people who are against Ukraine aide.

He's about as Christian as trump, but I get it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

He's about as Christian as trump, but I get it.

Idk what this source is really. But it goes into it alot. It's an intentional propaganda strategy.

https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Wild-Blue-Yonder/Article-Display/Article/3511835/the-unexpected-theologian-the-rise-of-religious-messaging-in-putins-re-making-o/

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Yes, I'm quite sure he was a staunch atheist during the Soviet days, worshipping the state like a good member of the proletariat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I agree with their ban.

Just to clarify its not a ban to deny people their rights, its a ban over the way they are subverting society.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

I agree with their ban.

Just to clarify its not a ban to deny people their rights, its a ban over the way they are subverting society.

According to Cookie free speech isn't a right lol.

(Ignoring their other rights that's are being restricted in Russia)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

According to Cookie free speech isn't a right lol.

(Ignoring their other rights that's are being restricted in Russia)

Lets cancel that Twitter advertising contract, drive that person out of politics, lock that person up for expressing a view we dont like, and if that isn`t enough indoctrinate everyone's kids with ideology rather than scientific fact.

It is extremist, thats the problem.

Edited by Electric Scooter
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

I agree with their ban.

So you believe that a minority should not be allowed to advocate for their rights and safety  or to be able to form support groups in Russia due to someone's religious beliefs?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So you believe that a minority should not be allowed to advocate for their rights and safety  or to be able to form support groups in Russia due to someone's religious beliefs?

No, a minority should not be allowed to deny the rights of others.

Which is why their extremists have been banned

2 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

No, a minority should not be allowed to deny the rights of others.

Which is why their extremists have been banned

What is extremist about gay rights?

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

What is extremist about gay rights?

What isn`t extremist about those segments who want to break the rights of everyone else?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

What isn`t extremist about those segments who want to break the rights of everyone else?

So you are against gay's ability to organize in Russia and for them being jailed for doing so.  Should we also be able to take away that right in our countries as well?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

So you are against gay's ability to organize in Russia and for them being jailed for doing so.  Should we also be able to take away that right in our countries as well?

They aren`t banned in Russia, subversive activities are.

1 minute ago, Electric Scooter said:

They aren`t banned in Russia, subversive activities are.

WRONG.  Banned because they are considered extremist.  BANNED.  Get it?  Illegal to stand up for your rights if you are gay in Russia.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

I agree with their ban.

Damn you're a mean spirited nasty person. That's a really crap thing to say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

WRONG.  Banned because they are considered extremist.  BANNED.  Get it?  Illegal to stand up for your rights if you are gay in Russia.

No they aren`t, educate yourself please.

Russia banned what it see`s as their propaganda and their subversive activities in society, not them campaigning for their rights (which they already have). 

Just now, Electric Scooter said:

No they aren`t, educate yourself please.

Russia banned what it see`s as their propaganda and their subversive activities in society, not them campaigning for their rights (which they already have). 

The LGBT movement is banned.  Therefore they do not have the right to organize for their rights.  If you can prove I'm wrong please provide a link.

• Like 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

Damn you're a mean spirited nasty person. That's a really crap thing to say. 

I`m sorry but no

While they have their rights a ban is needed in some areas. Such as cancel culture, promoting the absurdity that there are 101 genders, and trying to get their claws into young children confusing them over what their identities are.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

The LGBT movement is banned.  Therefore they do not have the right to organize for their rights.  If you can prove I'm wrong please provide a link.

To be LGBT is not banned.

To spread what are essentially identity disorders is.

Edited by Electric Scooter

2 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

I`m sorry but no

While they have their rights a ban is needed in some areas. Such as cancel culture, promoting the absurdity that there are 101 genders, and trying to get their claws into young children confusing them over what their identities are.

So mean spirited, nasty and paranoid.

Gotcha. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

To be LGBT is not banned.

To spread what are essentially identity disorders is.

Prove it

• Like 1