Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Russian court bans LGBTQ movement as 'extremist'


OverSword

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

Russia’s Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that LGBTQ activists should be designated as extremists, in a move that representatives of gay and transgender people fear will lead to arrests and prosecutions.

A Reuters reporter in court heard it announce that it had approved a request from the justice ministry to recognize what it called “the international LGBT social movement” as extremist and to ban its activities.

The move is part of a pattern of increasing restrictions in Russia on expressions of sexual orientation and gender identity, including laws outlawing the promotion of “non-traditional” sexual relations and banning legal or medical changes of gender.

President Vladimir Putin, expected shortly to announce that he will seek a new six-year term in March, has long sought to promote an image of Russia as a guardian of traditional moral values in contrast with a decadent West.

 

Link

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Putin's country sounds like a lot of far right Americans. 

What a surprise :o. That of course has no effect on their view over Ukraine aide though..

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I once saw a video of two gay men in Russia walking down the street holding hands to show the world what it's like being gay there and men were walking through their hands (like playing Red Rover) and challenging them to fights, spitting on them, pushing them off the sidewalk into the street.  How insecure must you be to behave like that?

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That of course has no effect on their view over Ukraine aide though..

What do you mean by this part?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What do you mean by this part?

I feel like some far right people are against Ukraine aid because they sympathize with Putins Christian traditionalist ways and war against "woke".  So they don't see him as that bad of a guy.

I know that's not the reason for all people who are against Ukraine aide.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I feel like some far right people are against Ukraine aid because they sympathize with Putins Christian traditionalist ways and war against "woke".  So they don't see him as that bad of a guy.

I know that's not the reason for all people who are against Ukraine aide.

He's about as Christian as trump, but I get it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

He's about as Christian as trump, but I get it.

Idk what this source is really. But it goes into it alot. It's an intentional propaganda strategy.

 

https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Wild-Blue-Yonder/Article-Display/Article/3511835/the-unexpected-theologian-the-rise-of-religious-messaging-in-putins-re-making-o/

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Yes, I'm quite sure he was a staunch atheist during the Soviet days, worshipping the state like a good member of the proletariat. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I agree with their ban.

Just to clarify its not a ban to deny people their rights, its a ban over the way they are subverting society.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

I agree with their ban.

Just to clarify its not a ban to deny people their rights, its a ban over the way they are subverting society.

According to Cookie free speech isn't a right lol.

(Ignoring their other rights that's are being restricted in Russia)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

According to Cookie free speech isn't a right lol.

(Ignoring their other rights that's are being restricted in Russia)

Lets cancel that Twitter advertising contract, drive that person out of politics, lock that person up for expressing a view we dont like, and if that isn`t enough indoctrinate everyone's kids with ideology rather than scientific fact.

It is extremist, thats the problem.

Edited by Electric Scooter
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

I agree with their ban.

Just to clarify its not a ban to deny people their rights, its a ban over the way they are subverting society.

So you believe that a minority should not be allowed to advocate for their rights and safety  or to be able to form support groups in Russia due to someone's religious beliefs?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So you believe that a minority should not be allowed to advocate for their rights and safety  or to be able to form support groups in Russia due to someone's religious beliefs?

No, a minority should not be allowed to deny the rights of others.

Which is why their extremists have been banned

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

No, a minority should not be allowed to deny the rights of others.

Which is why their extremists have been banned

What is extremist about gay rights?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OverSword said:

What is extremist about gay rights?

What isn`t extremist about those segments who want to break the rights of everyone else?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

What isn`t extremist about those segments who want to break the rights of everyone else?

So you are against gay's ability to organize in Russia and for them being jailed for doing so.  Should we also be able to take away that right in our countries as well?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

So you are against gay's ability to organize in Russia and for them being jailed for doing so.  Should we also be able to take away that right in our countries as well?

They aren`t banned in Russia, subversive activities are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Electric Scooter said:

They aren`t banned in Russia, subversive activities are.

WRONG.  Banned because they are considered extremist.  BANNED.  Get it?  Illegal to stand up for your rights if you are gay in Russia.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

I agree with their ban.

Just to clarify its not a ban to deny people their rights, its a ban over the way they are subverting society.

Damn you're a mean spirited nasty person. That's a really crap thing to say. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

WRONG.  Banned because they are considered extremist.  BANNED.  Get it?  Illegal to stand up for your rights if you are gay in Russia.

No they aren`t, educate yourself please.

Russia banned what it see`s as their propaganda and their subversive activities in society, not them campaigning for their rights (which they already have). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Electric Scooter said:

No they aren`t, educate yourself please.

Russia banned what it see`s as their propaganda and their subversive activities in society, not them campaigning for their rights (which they already have). 

The LGBT movement is banned.  Therefore they do not have the right to organize for their rights.  If you can prove I'm wrong please provide a link.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, psyche101 said:

Damn you're a mean spirited nasty person. That's a really crap thing to say. 

I`m sorry but no

While they have their rights a ban is needed in some areas. Such as cancel culture, promoting the absurdity that there are 101 genders, and trying to get their claws into young children confusing them over what their identities are.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

The LGBT movement is banned.  Therefore they do not have the right to organize for their rights.  If you can prove I'm wrong please provide a link.

To be LGBT is not banned.

To spread what are essentially identity disorders is.

Edited by Electric Scooter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

I`m sorry but no

While they have their rights a ban is needed in some areas. Such as cancel culture, promoting the absurdity that there are 101 genders, and trying to get their claws into young children confusing them over what their identities are.

So mean spirited, nasty and paranoid.

Gotcha. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

To be LGBT is not banned.

To spread what are essentially identity disorders is.

Prove it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.