Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arizona voting officials charged for refusing to certify 2022 election results

pellinore

Two elected officials in a rural Arizona county who stalled certifying election results have been charged by Arizona’s attorney general with conspiracy and interfering with an election officer.

Tom Crosby and Peggy Judd, Republican county supervisors in Cochise county, face two felony counts for their initial refusal to certify the county’s election results in 2022. A grand jury convened earlier this month to discuss the potential charges, which were filed on Wednesday.

Crosby and Judd had to be ordered by a court to certify the November 2022 election results, passing the statewide deadline for counties to canvass results. Even after the court order, Crosby did not show up to vote on the canvass.

Arizona voting officials charged for refusing to certify 2022 election results | Arizona | The Guardian

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 7

They are setting the stage to do it again.  The fools think that just because their media can try to shout people down, it will mean 70+ million Americans will simply shut up and get in line.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN... This election may well be the last and in fact, the country may not even be able to go through the motions.  If Trump looks to be beating Biden badly, I expect a redux of the summer of love in 2020.  The media and DNC are setting the stage to refuse to acknowledge his victory, should the mail-in voting scheme fail this time around.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, and-then said:

They are setting the stage to do it again.  The fools think that just because their media can try to shout people down, it will mean 70+ million Americans will simply shut up and get in line.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN... This election may well be the last and in fact, the country may not even be able to go through the motions.  If Trump looks to be beating Biden badly, I expect a redux of the summer of love in 2020.  The media and DNC are setting the stage to refuse to acknowledge his victory, should the mail-in voting scheme fail this time around.

The DNC is setting up to do what Trump did?

Your projection is crazy my man. Your fear blinds you to reality. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, and-then said:

And there it is, the most unhinged thing I'll read all day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are good to go as long as you follow established laws.  When officials start to show partisanship to the extreme that they are willing to skirt thelaw, somebody does need to step in and say something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, and-then said:

It's fun watching the output of a large language model apparently trained on a combination of Trump campaign rallies and being repeatedly hit in the head with a blunt object. I think the funniest part is how certain keywords trigger roughly identical responses.

This thread, for instance, is about an election. We can find 90% text identical responses by the AT-GPT to other threads elections. There was a funny example in a different thread about The Crackhead suing Giuliani where the LLM got confused and started ranting about courts being rigged against Trump.

Anyway, technology is wonderful.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On a more serious note, this is why it's important for the 2020-2021 era criminals and their ringleader need to face justice. What with the harassment and threats that election officials have faced, with the aim of installing true believers like these alleged lawbreakers, setting a precedent to discourage more illegal shenanigans is important.

Law And Order!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, and-then said:

We voted by mail in that election.  The ballots came in the U.S. Mail, we filled them out and put them in the U.S. Mail.    Was the U.S. Mail in on this alleged scheme?    Get a grip bud.   Baby lips lost.. how many recounts and court cases do we need to see to make that clear? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, lightly said:

We voted by mail in that election.  The ballots came in the U.S. Mail, we filled them out and put them in the U.S. Mail.    Was the U.S. Mail in on this alleged scheme?    Get a grip bud.   Baby lips lost.. how many recounts and court cases do we need to see to make that clear? 

Mail in ballots are just way to easy to commit fraud. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I disagree.  It costs too much time and effort for what little results it could achieve.  Intercepting and changing votes via mail from the thousands if not millions of different addresses is just not effective.  The few morons that actually try to do such things aren't able to effect the outcome.

The easiest way to commit election fraud would be to corrupt the people that count them.  Which is why this particular crime in this thread is a felony for the two.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I disagree.  It costs too much time and effort for what little results it could achieve.  Intercepting and changing votes via mail from the thousands if not millions of different addresses is just not effective.  The few morons that actually try to do such things aren't able to effect the outcome.

The easiest way to commit election fraud would be to corrupt the people that count them.  Which is why this particular crime in this thread is a felony for the two.

Nope. Mail in, absentee ballots.... with no way to verify.   This is how the ballot stuffing / harvesting scheme works.  Just need to get some operatives to harvest ballots from nursing homes, churches, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, and-then said:

Of course they are, there isn't anything they (the Clintons & friends) wouldn't do to stop Trump becoming president again, the last 4 years have proven that, e.g. 'Russian collusion dossier' You don't believe the people in power at the moment are honorable honest characters who care about their country and its citizens do you? You know, the ones who are waving hundreds of thousands of unvetted immigrants through the border each day & handing over billions of your tax dollars to an ex comedian to prolong a proxy war with Russia.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Nope. Mail in, absentee ballots.... with no way to verify.   This is how the ballot stuffing / harvesting scheme works.  Just need to get some operatives to harvest ballots from nursing homes, churches, etc.  

What do you mean by - with no way to verify? When my family used mail in ballots we each had to copy our driver's license and attach those copys with each of our mail in ballots. They wouldn't accept any of our mail in ballots otherwise.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Katniss said:

What do you mean by - with no way to verify? When my family used mail in ballots we each had to copy our driver's license and attach those copys with each of our mail in ballots. They wouldn't accept any of our mail in ballots otherwise.

Wow!  You are more trusting than me.  There is no way a copy of my ID would go in the mail.  If I don't go in person with my ID, I don't vote.  My IDs don't ever leave my sight if I have to show them.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

Asserted without evidence, dismissed with comment.

If this was actually true, we'd see the over 65 crowd break heavily Democrat, and they simply don't. 

Examples of ballot stuffing and harvesting are there, but it's low level and caught. It certainly ain't invisible and traceless.

• Like 5

Republicans not trusting mail ballots is literally the reasons mail ballots scuew left (as can be seen on this thread). Republicans simply don't use it much.

No grand conspiracy there. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Wow!  You are more trusting than me.  There is no way a copy of my ID would go in the mail.  If I don't go in person with my ID, I don't vote.  My IDs don't ever leave my sight if I have to show them.  

Actually, one of us had to pick up the absentee ballot envelopes from the election reps at the local county court, and then return them to the same people when we were done. We never mailed them anywhere. My husband and his parents voted for Orange Jesus on their ballots, but I didn't this time. :lol: OMG! They were not happy with me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

How?

Nibs

• Like 4

Mail In ballots are verified.  Signatures are compared.  List of eligible voters are constantly bounces against state registrations to verify deaths, relocations and if already voted.

Face it.  The process isn't horribly flawed.  PEOPLE are horribly flawed.  If people who attempt to circumvent the system are prosecuted maybe the next group of dumbasses won't try it.  

I'm not 100% positive on every county in the country but MOST counties flag any person and ballots or mail in requests that come in in groups.  

The system is great until the flipping public becomes involved.  Sooooo many people think its just a hoot to try to screw with the system.

Nibs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

No way to verify?  

Considering I was in the military and overseas, this is the only way it could work- unless you just wanted to discount all the military vote. 

Ballot harvesting is something completely different from mail in voting.  How do you ballot harvest from thousands of people in different addresses?  Sneak over to their house and raid their mail box?  No, mail in voting is safe.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HerNibs said:

Mail In ballots are verified.  Signatures are compared.  List of eligible voters are constantly bounces against state registrations to verify deaths, relocations and if already voted.

Face it.  The process isn't horribly flawed.  PEOPLE are horribly flawed.  If people who attempt to circumvent the system are prosecuted maybe the next group of dumbasses won't try it.  

I'm not 100% positive on every county in the country but MOST counties flag any person and ballots or mail in requests that come in in groups.  

The system is great until the flipping public becomes involved.  Sooooo many people think its just a hoot to try to screw with the system.

Nibs

Well, Trump supporters are weird.

Mail in ballots aren't safe.

Ballot boxes aren't safe.

Electronic ballots aren't safe.

Paper ballots are switched by election tabulators with tupperware bins.

Elections are fake.

They like to say things like it's fact without having a clue how it works or what safeguards are there.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Well, Trump supporters are weird.

Mail in ballots aren't safe.

Ballot boxes aren't safe.

Electronic ballots aren't safe.

Paper ballots are switched by election tabulators with tupperware bins.

Elections are fake.

They like to say things like it's fact without having a clue how it works or what safeguards are there.  

:)

Yep.  I've told sooooo many people who don't think the system works to go volunteer.  Become an election judge or whatever it's called in your county.  LEARN.

Nibs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

You don't believe the people in power at the moment are honorable honest characters who care about their country and its citizens do you? You know, the ones who are waving hundreds of thousands of unvetted immigrants through the border each day & handing over billions of your tax dollars to an ex comedian to prolong a proxy war with Russia.

Yep, a whole lot more than Orange Jesus ever did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HerNibs said:

How?

Nibs

It depends on the mechanism to verify the mailed vote. 
If it’s simply the SSID number, or worse “this is an official envelope, with an offical ballot in it” visual identification, it’ll be easy to manipulate. 
However, if it requires you to register as voting by mail, sending in id copies etc …. That’ll be more time consuming to manipulate.

We pay or bills online, access our credit cards and bank accounts and trust that with security and care the Internet is a safe way to transfer our sacred money.  Surely security and verification is just as applicable to voting.

With our current technology we ought to even be able to vote by phone.  Think how fast results could be complied that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2