Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Shoebridge says Australia has been selling 'weapons to Israel.

psyche101

David Shoebridge says Australia has been selling 'weapons, after weapons, after weapons' to Israel. Is that correct?

Is Australia sending weapons to Israel?
With Israel facing international pressure over its bombardment of Gaza following the Hamas terror attack on October 7, Australia's federal government has been accused of having blood on its hands.

In a recent speech to parliament, Greens senator David Shoebridge claimed that Australia was "selling weapons, after weapons, after weapons to Israel", continuing what he said was a "sorry history" of providing arms to countries involved in brutal conflicts

With Israel facing international pressure over its bombardment of Gaza following the Hamas terror attack on October 7, Australia's federal government has been accused of having blood on its hands.

In a recent speech to parliament, Greens senator David Shoebridge claimed that Australia was "selling weapons, after weapons, after weapons to Israel", continuing what he said was a "sorry history" of providing arms to countries involved in brutal conflicts.

This week, the party followed up with a media release calling on the federal government "to stop fuelling violence by exporting military equipment to Israel".

Coinciding with the Greens campaign, protesters on jet skis waving Palestinian flags prevented a cargo ship from docking at Sydney's Port Botany, claiming the Israeli shipping company, ZIM, was "a known transporter of deadly armaments".

ZIM has disputed this, telling CheckMate its vessels "do not carry arms" but transport products such as white goods, textiles and food from Asia.

So, is the government sending weapons to Israel?

In Australia, any defence-related export requires a permit from the Department of Defence.

• Confused 1

I see that leading Arab terrorists, those denounced by all other democratic Arab countries,  have settled well and started having powerful influence over the Australian legislature like in many parts of the world. I think your country has lost common sense numerous years ago. 

Israel is the first line of defence against terrorism, dictatorship, indoctrination, lack of human rights , etc. It doesn't help I guess if terrorists are using weapons during the day time but then want to be family members at night . Sheeps dressed up in woolf skin nothing more .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

I see that leading Arab terrorists, those denounced by all other democratic Arab countries,  have settled well and started having powerful influence over the Australian legislature like in many parts of the world. I think your country has lost common sense numerous years ago. 

Israel is the first line of defence against terrorism, dictatorship, indoctrination, lack of human rights , etc. It doesn't help I guess if terrorists are using weapons during the day time but then want to be family members at night . Sheeps dressed up in woolf skin nothing more .

Powerful Influence on legislature? Care to expand?  Smells like BS 

Israel killed a thousand children a week. That's not self defence. There's going to be more to that yet. I get how bad Hamas is, and I think they should be disbanded and destroy the organisation too. But I don't condone stooping down to the Hamas method of indiscriminate death either. Their actions are unforgivable. As would be anyone doing the same. 

I doubt we are supplying weapons. And I seriously hope not. It's not our war, it's not our fight, it's not our business. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We sell weapons to anyone who pays upfront or whomsoever our lords and masters in Washington tell us to on credit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

We sell weapons to anyone who pays upfront or whomsoever our lords and masters in Washington tell us to on credit. 

Reading the link though, it sounds like an overreaction and a truckload of assumption.

45 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Be that as it may, Israel has a reputation as a weapons supplier to any nation with the cash to trade.  They've been a net exporter for years so I can't imagine Oz having anything that Israel would be in need of, unless they are trying to find a workaround for when DC cuts off their supply of US made munitions to go with that US "free money".  We've been funding US defense industries corporate welfare  for many years while calling it "Israel aid".  The net effect is to tie Israel's hands unless they obey our orders.

22 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Powerful Influence on legislature? Care to expand?  Smells like BS 

Israel killed a thousand children a week. That's not self defence. There's going to be more to that yet. I get how bad Hamas is, and I think they should be disbanded and destroy the organisation too. But I don't condone stooping down to the Hamas method of indiscriminate death either. Their actions are unforgivable. As would be anyone doing the same. 

I doubt we are supplying weapons. And I seriously hope not. It's not our war, it's not our fight, it's not our business. 

Well the problem is much more complex.  Those poor victims were asked to move out those areas and they refused, furthermore rockets were launched from residential zones and civilian backed buildings, by Hammas. Israel defence shield had rejected all during launch causing many rockets to fall back on Gaza.

At the same time israel blasted those hot zones where terrorists were active. Let me ask you; why do people of Gaza allowed terrorists to host weapons and military equipment near every freaking building? They raise children amongst them? What education is that?

What would you have done better knowing there are hundreds of rocket launchers ready to shoot thousands of rockets towards your home, wouldn't you want to stop it?  Would you care about residents leaving nearby that refused to leave, furthermore supporting hamas and terrorism or care about your own people and home?

I just saw a documentary on Channel 7 Israel, from a UN sponsored school in Gaza. Insight in its walls there were tons of military weapons and rocket launchers. UN and UE makes me sick.. It is so true that antisemitism exists and those Arabs terrorists infiltrated in UE and UN have managed to make you all blind to the true.

People of Gaza are supporting terroistm, they raised they children to hate Israel and jews , nothing good comes from that .

By that way: in the second war world half million German civilians were killed in bombardments. Why is nobody talking about it? UK and its allies must be held responsible for war crimes right? By the same logic...

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/1/2023 at 2:32 PM, qxcontinuum said:

Australia over the last 40 years has dramatically changed. Multiculturalism is well and truly part of everyday life. If anything, the Muslim community is under represented same as the Asian and Indian communities in politics.

But it works well in Australia compared to UK, Germany and France due to a dilution of any one dominant group by bringing in an opposing ethnic group to counter any negative influence on our Western policies 

Edited by Unusual Tournament
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 2:39 PM, qxcontinuum said:

Well the problem is much more complex.  Those poor victims were asked to move out those areas and they refused, furthermore rockets were launched from residential zones and civilian backed buildings, by Hammas. Israel defence shield had rejected all during launch causing many rockets to fall back on Gaza.

At the same time israel blasted those hot zones where terrorists were active. Let me ask you; why do people of Gaza allowed terrorists to host weapons and military equipment near every freaking building? They raise children amongst them? What education is that?

What would you have done better knowing there are hundreds of rocket launchers ready to shoot thousands of rockets towards your home, wouldn't you want to stop it?  Would you care about residents leaving nearby that refused to leave, furthermore supporting hamas and terrorism or care about your own people and home?

I just saw a documentary on Channel 7 Israel, from a UN sponsored school in Gaza. Insight in its walls there were tons of military weapons and rocket launchers. UN and UE makes me sick.. It is so true that antisemitism exists and those Arabs terrorists infiltrated in UE and UN have managed to make you all blind to the true.

People of Gaza are supporting terroistm, they raised they children to hate Israel and jews , nothing good comes from that .

By that way: in the second war world half million German civilians were killed in bombardments. Why is nobody talking about it? UK and its allies must be held responsible for war crimes right? By the same logic...

Cool regurgitation of the prevailing media narrative; but, how does that answer the conjecture that terrorist organisations have infiltrated and are influencing the Australian Legislature?

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 2:39 PM, qxcontinuum said:

You understand that the link is referring to Australia right? 

What's any of this got to do with your claims of government infiltration? 

Surely, if you sell weapons, you're gonna end up with "blood on your hands"?  Unless you demand a signed promise from your customers not to hurt anybody with the arms and ammo you're selling them.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2023 at 5:18 PM, psyche101 said:

You understand that the link is referring to Australia right? 

What's any of this got to do with your claims of government infiltration? 

Because there is nothing wrong with selling weapons to a country who needs them to defend itself against terrorism. Why is this viewed as a negative thing? Or should look at the connections those who make these statements have with the Arab world . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/3/2023 at 3:55 PM, Golden Duck said:

Cool regurgitation of the prevailing media narrative; but, how does that answer the conjecture that terrorist organisations have infiltrated and are influencing the Australian Legislature?

Australia has been dealing with far right extremists and many neo natzi groups since forever. Don't ask me to name them. Plainly of info online. They are financially  founded by the Arab world of course like in many parts of Europe. 

Did you ever asked yourselves why jews are hated so much by white supremacy groups and not other nations? Who or what is fueling this hate and why.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

Australia has been dealing with far right extremists and many neo natzi groups since forever. Don't ask me to name them. Plainly of info online. They are financially  founded by the Arab world of course like in many parts of Europe. 

Did you ever asked yourselves why jews are hated so much by white supremacy groups and not other nations? Who or what is fueling this hate and why.

I'm asking you; but, you can't give an answer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I'm asking you; but, you can't give an answer.

I just did, sounds like you refused to accept. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

I just did, sounds like you refused to accept. 

DYOR is not an answer.  At any rate we can say your story that you have no idea what is happening in Australia ATM.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

DYOR is not an answer.  At any rate we can say your story that you have no idea what is happening in Australia ATM.

www.google.com

"Antisemitism in Australia" 

Seems like Israel had issued travel warnings for your country 

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

www.google.com

"Antisemitism in Australia" 

Seems like Israel had issued travel warnings for your country 

You specifically mentioned infiltration of the Australian Legislature.  Just provide a source.

In this very forum we've discussed the passing of laws to ban Nazi symbols beyond the laws that cover hate speech and the decorating the Sydney Opera House in the colours of the Israel flag.

The current Australian AG is Jewish as are at least three other parliamentarians.

I'm guessing your sources are poor and that is why you hide.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 2:53 PM, qxcontinuum said:

Because there is nothing wrong with selling weapons to a country who needs them to defend itself against terrorism. Why is this viewed as a negative thing? Or should look at the connections those who make these statements have with the Arab world . 

And yet it's not true. So why pretend it is? Just for conspiracy discussion?

What about the infiltration of the legal system? That's quite a claim you seem to have pulled from your nether regions.

11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

And yet it's not true. So why pretend it is? Just for conspiracy discussion?

What about the infiltration of the legal system? That's quite a claim you seem to have pulled from your nether regions.

Tell me do you live on this forum? Is this your day time job? 😀

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Tell me do you live on this forum? Is this your day time job? 😀

Do you?

What an incredibly stupid question. If you don't have any answers to the BS you make up maybe just shut up yeah? 

12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Do you?

What an incredibly stupid question. If you don't have any answers to the BS you make up maybe just shut up yeah? 

Don’t blow your own trumpet, mate! 

2 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Don’t blow your own trumpet, mate! 

Still making dumb comments to cover up your BS?

Grow a pair and man up. Own your BS. 

Tell you what, you can blow my trumpet. 

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Grow a pair and man up. Own your BS. 

Tell you what, you can blow my trumpet. 

It's truly rare to see someone contradicting himself in a short sentence claiming maturity but making gay statements. No thanks for the invite 😄

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

It's truly rare to see someone contradicting himself in a short sentence claiming maturity but making gay statements. No thanks for the invite 😄

If you make crap up, you will be considered full of crap. Get used to it you BS artist. 

How about backing up your claim instead of dancing around it.