Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One person killed and two others injured in central Paris attack

pellinore

One person was killed and two others injured after a man attacked tourists in central Paris near the Eiffel Tower, the French interior minister said on Saturday.

Police quickly arrested the 26-year-old man, a French national, using a Taser stun gun, Gérald Darmanin told reporters.

The suspect was on the French security services’ watchlist and had a history of mental illness, the interior minister added.

The suspect had shouted out “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest) and told police he was upset because “so many Muslims are dying in Afghanistan and in Palestine” and was also upset about the Gaza situation, Darmanin said.

One person killed and two others injured in central Paris attack | Paris | The Guardian

Edited by pellinore
  • Sad 5

The radical Islamist who allegedly killed a German-Filipino tourist and injured two others near the Eiffel Tower in Paris was reportedly in contact with other infamous Muslim terrorists, was on the government’s extremism watchlist, and previously served time in prison for attempted murder.

Armand Rajabpour-Miyandoab, 26, the suspected ‘Allahu Akbar’ knifeman behind the latest terror attack in France on Saturday, has been linked to other Islamist terrorists, including Abdoullakh Anzorov, who beheaded schoolteacher Samuel Paty in 2020 over a class on blasphemy that featured a caricature of the Muslim prophet Muhammed.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/12/03/paris-terrorist-had-contact-with-multiple-islamist-killers-before-attack-was-on-extremism-watchlist/

Just part and parcel of living in a big city these days according to Sadiq Khan. Better get used to it, not going to stop any time soon. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Just part and parcel of living in a big city these days according to Sadiq Khan. Better get used to it, not going to stop any time soon. 

Do you think it isn't a risk everyone in a big city knows is there? And do you have any suggestions on how to stop it that aren't already being tried?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Setton said:

Do you think it isn't a risk everyone in a big city knows is there? And do you have any suggestions on how to stop it that aren't already being tried?

It's the same childish lack of logic used by people who say, "They should just send them back", without specifying who "they" are, how they will do it and to where. I've challenged people on this forum, when they say "They should just be sent back to France" (about the asylum seekers crossing the Channel) to explain how they think it should be done. They never reply. I'm starting to think "Send them Back" is a euphemism similar to "Relocate them to the East"- we are supposed to join the dots.

France's anti-terrorism prosecutor opened an investigation into the killing of a tourist in Paris

France's anti-terrorism prosecutor said Sunday he has opened an investigation into the fatal stabbing of a 23-year-old German-Filipino tourist near the Eiffel Tower in Paris, allegedly by a man who had been under surveillance for suspected Islamic radicalization.

Rajabpour-Miyandoab recorded a video before the attack in which he swore allegiance to the Islamic State group and expressed support for Islamic extremists operating in various areas, including in Africa, Iraq, Syria, Egypt's Sinai, Yemen, Iran and Pakistan, Ricard said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-fatal-stabbing-of-a-german-tourist-by-a-suspected-radical-puts-sharp-focus-on-the-paris-olympics/ar-AA1kVuan

Paris Assailant Has Links to Perpetrators of Three Recent French Terror Attacks

Armand Rajabpour-Miyandoab, the Franco-Iranian terrorist who stabbed a tourist to death and injured two other people with a hammer on Saturday, not far from the Eiffel Tower in Paris, had contact with the perpetrators of no less than three recent French terror attacks. One of these contacts was the assassin of Samuel Paty, the history teacher who was stabbed to death and whose body was then decapitated in 2020 after he showed his students caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad in a civics class on freedom of expression.

The main victim of the Paris attack has been widely described as a “German tourist”, but he appears in fact to be a native of the Philippines who, according to Le Parisien, only recently moved to Germany to take up employment in a nursing home. The fact that the victim is Filipino could be of significance, since just hours after the Paris attack, a Catholic mass was struck by a terror attack on Sunday morning at Mindanao State University in the Philippines. The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the latter attack.

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/12/05/paris-assailant-has-links-to-perpetrators-of-three-recent-french-terror-attacks/

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2023 at 9:12 PM, Setton said:

@itsnotoutthere Any response to this? Genuinely curious what you think should be done differently.

18 minutes ago, Setton said:

@itsnotoutthere Any response to this? Genuinely curious what you think should be done differently.

Well, basic vetting of anybody entering the country illegally would be a good start, it seemed to work quite well up until 10 or 15 years ago, but the authorities seem to have given up on that simple proceedure. I think also the prospect of 4 & 5 star hotel accommodation, free money & meals could have a certain appeal.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Well, basic vetting of anybody entering the country illegally would be a good start, it seemed to work quite well up until 10 or 15 years ago, but the authorities seem to have given up on that simple proceedure. I think also the prospect of 4 & 5 star hotel accommodation, free money & meals could have a certain appeal.

How many of the recent terrorist attacks have come from illegal immigrants? I've asked you that before but you never seem to answer for some reason.

The attacker in this instance was a dual french-iranian national.

Edited by Setton

On 12/3/2023 at 1:12 PM, Setton said:

Enforcing longer sentences with no time off on violent offenders would have stopped this particular one.  

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Enforcing longer sentences with no time off on violent offenders would have stopped this particular one.  

Already done that in the UK so not relevant to his criticism of Sadiq Khan's comments.

And I'd question whether it would have stopped this one or only delayed it. He'd not been released long. Clearly this was his intent whenever he was released.

Edited by Setton

58 minutes ago, Setton said:

I'd question whether it would have stopped this one or only delayed it. He'd not been released long.

Proved me right with your statement here.  If he'd been in longer this particular one would not have happened

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 6:03 AM, pellinore said:

One person was killed and two others injured after a man attacked tourists in central Paris near the Eiffel Tower, the French interior minister said on Saturday.

Police quickly arrested the 26-year-old man, a French national, using a Taser stun gun, Gérald Darmanin told reporters.

The suspect was on the French security services’ watchlist and had a history of mental illness, the interior minister added.

The suspect had shouted out “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest) and told police he was upset because “so many Muslims are dying in Afghanistan and in Palestine” and was also upset about the Gaza situation, Darmanin said.

One person killed and two others injured in central Paris attack | Paris | The Guardian

I`m waiting it for it, how is Brexit to blame this time?

7 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

I`m waiting it for it, how is Brexit to blame this time?

Well, it is not to blame of course for an attack in Paris. But it is very much to blame for hundreds of thousands of immigrants from Africa and Asia settling permanently in the UK each year. For some reason that escapes me, Brexiters hate Europeans but love Indians, Asians and Africans. Since 2020, 500,000 have been invited to settle in the UK annually. Do Brexiters hate their country?

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

Proved me right with your statement here.  If he'd been in longer this particular one would not have happened

Not sure that's how success is measured in these things.

If it had been 12/11 instead, would you all have congratulated the security services on a job well done delaying it a couple of months?

12 hours ago, pellinore said:

Well, it is not to blame of course for an attack in Paris. But it is very much to blame for hundreds of thousands of immigrants from Africa and Asia settling permanently in the UK each year. For some reason that escapes me, Brexiters hate Europeans but love Indians, Asians and Africans. Since 2020, 500,000 have been invited to settle in the UK annually. Do Brexiters hate their country?

That's not the fault of Brexit, it's actually the fault of a left of centre blue labour remain voting government with no backbone, besides we've endured  Islamic inspired terrorist attacks long before Brexit, & many more across the EU.....except in eastern european countries....wonder what they're doing differently? Also I seem to remember that it was Frau Merkel that issued an open invitation for the rest of the world to join us.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

9 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

That's not the fault of Brexit, it's actually the fault of a left of centre blue labour remain voting government with no backbone, besides we've endured  Islamic inspired terrorist attacks long before Brexit, & many more across the EU.....except in eastern european countries....wonder what they're doing differently? Also I seem to remember that it was Frau Merkel that issued an open invitation for the rest of the world to join us.

Except the UK is not and was never in the Schengen zone so those people could never come here. So, again, for the third time, what do you think we should do differently?