Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Liz Cheney says ‘there’s no question’ Trump would refuse to leave office if elected again

WVK

In other news, water is wet. Of course, POS POTUS will refuse to leave office. He refused to leave in 2021, even after the POS was told repeatedly by every advisor, staff member, and lawyer that he lost. And the MAGAt cult will fall in line and the MAGAts in Congress will work to secure his presidency for life.

Edited by Portre
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Portre said:

In other news, water is wet. Of course, POS POTUS will refuse to leave office. He refused to leave in 2021, even after the POS was told repeatedly by every advisor, staff member, and lawyer that he lost. And the MAGAt cult will fall in line and the MAGAts in Congress will work to secure his presidency for life.

Wait.  So Donald didn't leave office?  Alrighty then :rolleyes:

Be real, if a president refused to leave office the military or the secret service would remove them.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, OverSword said:

Wait.  So Donald didn't leave office?  Alrighty then :rolleyes:

Be real, if a president refused to leave office the military or the secret service would remove them.

It’s no secret Donnie didn’t wanna leave office. After trying to drum up support and sympathy with the cockamamie idea the election was rigged (mind you the same election process that brought him to the Oval Office), and putting his VP and his family in mortal danger to annul the election results, he left because he had no support to stay. Given half a chance America would be under Trump the Tyrant 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Portre said:

I remember he left office precisely when he was supposed to - on January 20, 2021. Perhaps you are using a new definition of the phrase "refuse to leave office" that I was previously unaware of??? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

think Trump would leave office …. 

We might have to replumb the White House with Holy Water, is all.

• Haha 2

And of course the Dems wouldn't fix the election so they wouldn't have to leave.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, OverSword said:

Not at all sure that that is true.  What if there was no election?  No President-elect?  Would the military/Secret Service remove the President then?  I would hope so, but I don't know and I see nothing to indicate how they would act.

Doug

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And of course the Dems wouldn't fix the election so they wouldn't have to leave.

The Dems would just switch Presidents, not parties.  Don't have to keep just one person in office if you have several good candidates waiting.

Doug

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

The Dems would just switch Presidents, not parties.  Don't have to keep just one person in office if you have several good candidates waiting.

Doug

:whistle:

1 hour ago, Doug1066 said:

Not at all sure that that is true.  What if there was no election?  No President-elect?  Would the military/Secret Service remove the President then?  I would hope so, but I don't know and I see nothing to indicate how they would act.

Doug

What if the there was no election?  Name one time the USA did not hold a presidential election.  It's not worth fantasizing about as whichever president tried to postpone elections for any reason less than an ongoing nuclear war would soon be forced from office.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What if the there was no election?  Name one time the USA did not hold a presidential election.  It's not worth fantasizing about as whichever president tried to postpone elections for any reason less than an ongoing nuclear war would soon be forced from office.

the Union was even able to hold an election during a civil war. if we are not resilient enough to uphold the same level of commitment, we have bigger problems than whoever holds one particular office.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WVK said:

Liz Cheney says she's ready to consider a third party, warns of 'grave' threat of Trump-led GOP

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2023/12/05/liz-cheney-third-party-trump-threat/71750947007/

It won't let me view unless I disable my ad blocker.  What is the "grave threat"?  Dictatorship?   Marshal law? Lower taxes?  :lol:  

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

It won't let me view unless I disable my ad blocker.  What is the "grave threat"?  Dictatorship?   Marshal law? Lower taxes?  :lol:  

The people might vote for someone the establishment doesn’t approve of again. Terrible. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

You have a lot more faith in our system than you should I think....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

You have a lot more faith in our system than you should I think....

I have a lot of faith that the opposing party would not put up with it and that a pres might be offed

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I have a lot of faith that the opposing party would not put up with it and that a pres might be offed

I always remind them that Kamela would become president and they quiet right down.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

I remember he left office precisely when he was supposed to - on January 20, 2021. Perhaps you are using a new definition of the phrase "refuse to leave office" that I was previously unaware of??? 

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Donald Trump tried both legal and illegal methods for remaining President.  January 6 was his attempt to overthrow the government rather than leave office.  When it failed, he had no recourse but to leave office as scheduled.

He will try again.

Doug

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Donald Trump tried both legal and illegal methods for remaining President.  January 6 was his attempt to overthrow the government rather than leave office.  When it failed, he had no recourse but to leave office as scheduled.

He will try again.

Doug

Illegal?  We will have to wait until the trial is over.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

He will try again.

Doug

I'll agree with you that he tried several legal methods to remain president. When it failed, he left, just as everyone except the Trump-haters said he would. The only people it surprised are those like you who can't fathom Trump doing the right thing, and now that he's gone you're deathly afraid that all the fears the media has been feeding you over the past 7 years will come true if he's put in office again. 

10 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Interstingly enough, there is a trial going on in Georgia where they talked about this in their initial statements.  The motive of the crime was the intent to stay in the White House after losing.  Trump Was ‘Not Going To Leave’ The White House, Lawyer Testifies In Georgia Case (msn.com)

Do you know Jeff Wayne's musical version of War of the Worlds? It was one of my favourite albums growing up, and just two weeks ago I had a chance to share that album with some of my students in class after we ended up talking about it randomly. So I've got the intro music going in my head right now and all I can think of is the singer singing "the chances of Donald Trump leaving Office are a million to one they said, yes the chances of Donald Trump leaving Office are a million to one, but still he left". Sorry, this will be funny if you know the album, especially if you accompany it with the epic Strings/Orchestra sound playing the riff :lol: 

You can argue that he intended to stay all you like, the fact is he left office precisely when he was meant to. Precisely as every Republican and Trump supporter said he would. It seems the only people shocked by the decision were those like yourself who have already made up your mind that Trump wants to be a dictator. 

Edited by Paranoid Android

49 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Do you know Jeff Wayne's musical version of War of the Worlds? It was one of my favourite albums growing up, and just two weeks ago I had a chance to share that album with some of my students in class after we ended up talking about it randomly. So I've got the intro music going in my head right now and all I can think of is the singer singing "the chances of Donald Trump leaving Office are a million to one they said, yes the chances of Donald Trump leaving Office are a million to one, but still he left". Sorry, this will be funny if you know the album, especially if you accompany it with the epic Strings/Orchestra sound playing the riff :lol: 

You can argue that he intended to stay all you like, the fact is he left office precisely when he was meant to. Precisely as every Republican and Trump supporter said he would. It seems the only people shocked by the decision were those like yourself who have already made up your mind that Trump wants to be a dictator. 

I'm merely pointing out that there is a court trial going on that is addressing the very thing that people are saying here.

I like the supposition you made there at the end.  You usually are the one complaining when people make suppositions about you. 

Not to split hairs, but Liz Cheney is and has been a Republican far longer than Trump.  So not every Republican said he would........  

• Like 3