Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Marijuana is not as safe as you think according to Dr. Pinsky.

Hawken

It doesn’t take a doctor or researcher to convince me of the potential harm. It’s obvious, just like too much pizza or ice cream.

However, like many other herbs, this plant has a role to play in nature, of which we are a part.

Does the good outweigh the bad? That shouldn’t matter in a free society.

The harm the state has done to our citizens, by ruining so many good lives, far outweighs and exceeds the harm done by the herb itself.

Too much sugar is killing far more people than this herb, ever did or ever will.

The United States is sadly, itself, a criminal entity, and this subject is proof of that.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness was replaced with death, unnecessary imprisonment, and the pursuit of slavery to the state of business, over everything.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

No matter the active ingredients, you are inhaling smoke.  That ain't good.

Doug

Where I live, staying indoors, and smoking some weed is far better than being outside choking on wildfire smoke most of the year. Helps keep the anxiety down besides being my chosen pain killer for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have no intention of getting addicted to pain killers at this point in my life.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

No matter the active ingredients, you are inhaling smoke.  That ain't good.

Doug

There are other alternatives to smoking cannabis. Extracts, gummies, and vaping to name a few. I prefer smoking, or vaping as the effects are almost instant.

• Like 6

I've smoked it at parties when I was younger. But recently I bought some gummies for arthritis pain. It does help but they are pricey. 

• Like 2

Well for one thing , it depends on how much one smokes , but smoke is smoke. We know alcohol is not good for you either , especially if you drink a lot.

• Like 4

THC, especially at very high concentrations, can trigger anxiety, panic attacks, paranoia and possibly exacerbate conditions like schizophrenia in susceptible individuals. Also, smoking anything at all isn't healthy for you and shouldn't be recommended.

However, for those that it works for, it works. People that experience negative side effects typically consume too much or have a bad chemistry with the terpenes in whatever strain they're using. It's not for everyone and people that have addictive personalities should avoid it all together. 

Know your local laws, yada yada yada.

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 2

I and virtually everyone I associated with smoked an average of 1/8 ounce every week for decades from our teens to our 40's with no bad effects.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whichever way you look at it, it is far safer than alcohol and most other drugs, including pharmaceutical drugs and the benefits are overwhelmingly positive to the majority.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, razman said:

Well for one thing , it depends on how much one smokes , but smoke is smoke. We know alcohol is not good for you either , especially if you drink a lot.

Yes, it's all about moderation. Even too many vitamins can be harmful.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hawken said:

Yes, it's all about moderation. Even too many vitamins can be harmful.

true. but there are also some vitamins you can take to help you with the problems presented by taking too many vitamins.

• Haha 2

I hate the smell of weed.  Makes me nausious.    A lot of weed smokers around here.  Take a trip to grocery store and some of the people in line smell like they spritz in Eau de Weed as cologne.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Edumakated said:

I hate the smell of weed.  Makes me nausious.    A lot of weed smokers around here.  Take a trip to grocery store and some of the people in line smell like they spritz in Eau de Weed as cologne.

Same. That's why I've started wearing perfume every single time I go to work. Like God, I don't wanna to smell YOU! Jesus.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 10:16 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Helps keep the anxiety down besides being my chosen pain killer for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have no intention of getting addicted to pain killers at this point in my life.

As it should be, your God given right.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 10:16 PM, Hankenhunter said:

I have no intention of getting addicted to pain killers at this point in my life.

I understand and agree with your personal decision. I’m sure you’re also aware, that there are many serious conditions where actual narcotics are helpful and where the threat and danger of addiction is secondary …. to say, suicide.

Unless and until you’ve experienced pain levels of 9 and 10, or what I call, “screaming pain,” especially for any prolonged time frame, you can’t imagine or contemplate the seriousness.

Cannabis, while useful for some pain, does not cut what the poppy can. Although, admittedly, I haven’t been allowed to try any of the newer CBD oils, which I’ve heard are pretty good. I wish I could try these, but the really good CBD products are illegal in my state. I’ve also heard, it’s because our lawmakers, where I live, consider cannabis, “a tool of the devil.”

I’ve been allergic to most narcotics for my entire life, but when presented with the choice of screaming pain and narcotics, I gladly choose the latter, for the least amount of time I can get away with.

I too, would do almost anything to avoid narcotics, including, consuming almost toxic levels of Tylenol.

In your line of thinking, what I think would be very helpful, is if we could freely, as adults, combine cannabis(real CBD oil) with narcotics, and at least decrease the amount of narcotics required. That is what is desperately needed, throughout our country.

I don’t think God would ever ask a deer or a rabbit, not to eat, wild lettuce, for example, which contains natural pain relievers. The argument is as simple as that, but we’re faced with this, so called, “Christian” lie, in many states. I can’t even drive to find real CBD oil, because I’m surrounded by wicked legislators and corrupt conservative lawyers, who are clearly the antithesis of justice and the message of Jesus Christ.

On this Christmas, celebrating the birth of who I believe, is the greatest Man that ever lived, I encourage our Christian brothers and sisters in conservative government; to carefully consider the deer and the rabbit, as examples of what is Holy and true, on Earth. 

26 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

In your line of thinking, what I think would be very helpful, is if we could freely, as adults, combine cannabis(real CBD oil) with narcotics, and at least decrease the amount of narcotics required. That is what is desperately needed, throughout our country.

I'm on CBD oil. My brother, and I grew 12 plants. 4 of which were CBD only. They all grew over 7'. So we've got plenty to see us through to next fall.

I am mostly immune to opiods due to a Nordic gene I inherited from my Norwegian Grandad. I grow wicked powerful weed that really helps take the edge off. Plus, I know how to make my own extracts, so I know exactly what's in my all organic plants. I even give CBD to my two old dogs on my vets advice. One has mild epilepsy, and the oil has helped them immensely. 

Happy Holidays my friend.

Hank

I think the main issue is modern pot isn't the same as 1970s pot. It's been purposefully bred to be much much higher in THC. 

People who remember being a kid and smoking pot are remembering the equivalent of being bitten by a chiwahwah, versus modern pot being a pit bull. An injured pit bull.

And a lot of places "spice up" the pot with other chemicals, flavors, scents... Which God knows what is in them.

More and more studies are also coming out suggesting pot is certainly not harmless, even if it is safer then cigarettes. But that's not saying much, IMHO. 

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

More and more studies are also coming out suggesting pot is certainly not harmless, even if it is safer then cigarettes. But that's not saying much, IMHO. 

Yes. One of the most commonly used arguments pot heads naively advocate is "there has never been a documented case of somebody dying of lung cancer from smoking weed". Yeahhhhh...... Okay. 

🤔

• Like 1