Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell's UFO museum in New Mexico celebrates major milestone

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Roswell's UFO museum in New Mexico celebrates major milestone

I like the Atomic Age charm.

7 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

The museum has long been a popular tourist destination with hundreds of thousands of people visiting it every year.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/372698/roswells-ufo-museum-in-new-mexico-celebrates-major-milestone

On July 8, 1947, the Army Air Force announced the capture a flying saucer near Roswell, New Mexico.

RAAF Captures Flying Saucer On Ranch in Roswell Region

Roswell Daily Record (si.edu)

But what was not reported in the Roswell Daily Record on July 8, 1947, was that flying saucers were also reported over Muroc AAF and Rogers Dry Lake in California on July 8, 1947, as well.

Observers Sight Saucers Over Base 
July 8, 1947 
Muroc Army Air Field, California 

Link 1:  UFO Report (nicap.org)

Link 2:  Muroc AFB Incident Document (nicap.org)

There are four (4) stories related to the Roswell Incident, but only one is true.

1. On July 8, 1947, the Army announced the capture of a flying saucer.                   RAAF Captures Flying Saucer On Ranch in Roswell Region 

Roswell Daily Record (si.edu)

2. Not long afterward, the Army said that it was a weather balloon.                                  629bc5ed81fd8.image(1).jpg.d355bac6692873ce376440fcd6b657d9.jpg

3.  However, Brig. General Thomas Dubose, the person seen posing with the remains of a weather balloon rawin device, admitted the weather balloon was used as a cover story.

Brig. Gen. Thomas Jefferson Dubose and the Weather Balloon Cover Story 

"Actually, it was a cover story, the balloon part of it...  Somebody cooked up the idea as a cover story ...we'll use this weather balloon." 

Brig. Gen. Thomas Dubose (homestead.com)

The Air Force eventually replaced its weather balloon cover story in its 1994 Roswell Report and substituted what the Air Force said, was a top-secret Project Mogul balloon train flight #4, but records show there was no such thing as Project Mogul balloon flight #4, which means that two of the Air Force's cover stories have been debunked, with one (the weather balloon) by the Air Force itself. In addition, skeptics have claimed that the name, 'Project Mogul,' was so classified that even Charles B. Moore was unaware of the name, Project Mogul. However, Charles B. Moore was listed as head of Project Mogul and furthermore, it was Charles B. Moore who reported tracking a flying saucer over New Mexico. You can read all about his flying saucer report in the following two links. Moore's sighting is listed in link 2 as incident 3.

Link 1:  How Scientists Tracked A Flying Saucer - TRUE, 1950 (nicap.org)

Link 2:   LIFE Magazine - Have We Visitors From Outer Space? (nicap.org)

Project Mogul balloon trains were not classified top secret and were sometimes recovered by civilians for rewards.

Mogul Balloon Recovery By Rancher Sid West
June 8

Sun. Rancher, Sid West, found balloon train 25 mi south of High Rolls in mountains. Contacted him and made arrangements to recover equipment Monday. Got all recordings of balloon flights. Took Treland, Mears, Yinton, Olsen to Alamogordo to catch train this pm.

Policeman Recovers Mogul Balloon
New York Times, Oct 1, 1948 "Balloon Staggers Down to Brooklyn Tavern

4. The Air Force issued its 1997 Roswell Report to address the recovered alien bodies. The Air Force claimed that alien bodies were 6-foot test dummies under Project High Dive, a program that began in the 1950s, and accident victims of 1956 and 1959, were misidentified as the small alien bodies people saw in 1947. Now, let's take a look here.

AF Roswell Study Contributor Admits, "It Was ET!"

The Lt. Colonel who was a major contributor to the Air Force's official 1997 study that concluded that the Roswell ET crash of 1947 is a "myth", now states that the Air Force's Roswell report is itself a lie. The Colonel goes further to state that what he really believes to be true is that aliens actually did crash to Earth decades ago! 

UFO Explorations | AF Roswell Study Contributor Admits, "It Was ET!"

To sum it up, of the four (4) Roswell Incident stories, three (3) of the Air Force's cover stories have been successfully debunked whereas, only the original announcement of the flying saucer recovery by the Army remains intact to this very day.

Edited by skyeagle409

I still need to get to one of the fests.

7 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

I still need to get to one of the fests.

I live in New Mexico and I have never been, the festival coincides with July 4th I think.   I used to go to Roswell a lot for work in the 90's.  I have been in the museum.  When it was new it had a wall of hoaxes and my friend's dad was on that wall.  I am sure it is very differnt now than it was in the 90's.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

When it was new it had a wall of hoaxes and my friend's dad was on that wall.

Tell us more, please!  Why was your friend's dad on the wall?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Tell us more, please!  Why was your friend's dad on the wall?

His name and his hoax were on the wall.   Thanks for pointing out my irrational wording.    

One night when he and his friend were sitting on the bank of the river drinking they saw lights in the sky.   His friend got scared and ran, but he claims that a craft landed next to where he was on the river bank and people came out of it and talked to him.  Then they flew away.  The next day he told everyone he met about it and everyone laughed and told him he was just an old drunk.   No one believed him so he photographed a pie plate hanging in a tree as proof that he saw a craft.   There were some people in California that believed his story and actually put it in a book (I had that book for a while, but now I can't find it).   He had all kinds of paranormal experiences, like his mother coming to him when she died to tell him she was leaving (he was in Colorado and she was dying in California).   I really enjoyed his stories.    A few years ago I was at a UFO conference and there was a guy from California selling his books on CD and one of them was titled the name of my friend's father.   It was very weird someone in 2008 trying to make money off a story from the 60's that was a one off.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No one believed him so he photographed a pie plate hanging in a tree as proof that he saw a craft. 

LOL

He must have been fun to be around.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eldorado said:

LOL

He must have been fun to be around.

Yes, he was.  

• Like 1