Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gold bars found in Sen Bob Menendez’s home linked to 2013 robbery


Eldorado

Recommended Posts

The evidence that could potentially incriminate New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez just took a strange historical turn.

Four bars of solid gold — two discovered by FBI agents at the senator’s home, and two his wife Nadine reportedly took to a jeweler to sell — have been identified as the same gold bars stolen from and recovered by New Jersey businessman Fred Daibes in 2013, according to NBC News.

That’s significant, because Mr Daibes was accused by the Department of Justice earlier this year of bribing the senator to install a US attorney who would supposedly have been inclined to scale back a separate investigation into Mr Daibes for bank fraud.

MSN

NBC

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hmm, how odd is that a politician with stolen gold.😆

In his previous trial he played the religious card with Camden's Latino churches and got off. That p***ed me off to no end.

Now he's finally getting the hammer his lying thieving ass deserved.

And the biographical story that his parents ran from Castro's regime which he's using a a card in his hand is total bull****. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stolen and recovered?  That bit makes it a bit more of a case of sensationalism rather than real news.  

I would go so far as to say that those with poor reading skills would think that the bars were illegal and that Menendez is in possession of stolen property (the crime- not in the literal sense).

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Stolen and recovered?  That bit makes it a bit more of a case of sensationalism rather than real news.  

I would go so far as to say that those with poor reading skills would think that the bars were illegal and that Menendez is in possession of stolen property (the crime- not in the literal sense).

It's about the recovered gold being evidence in a bribe. The point is it connects Menendez with Daibes.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's about the recovered gold being evidence in a bribe. The point is it connects Menendez with Daibes.

Oh, I'm not disputing that part.  The guy is definitely a crook.  I'm more just pointing out how the wording and title of the article is a bit deceitful. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Oh, I'm not disputing that part.  The guy is definitely a crook.  I'm more just pointing out how the wording and title of the article is a bit deceitful. 

And your surprised? 

Don Henley's 'Dirty Laundry' is the rule now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Edumakated

Because Menendez is a corrupt crook, and Santos is the same,  but add batshiat insane to Santos.

You sound disappointed that Santos was turfed from Congress.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hmm, how odd is that a politician with stolen gold.😆

Man must have been dropped on his head as a toddler - what sort of damn fool keeps that sort of evidence around?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Edumakated said:

It is interesting that Menendez is hasn't been expelled but they wasted no time getting Santos out of there...

Wasted no time?  Glory!   How long did it take for Santos even after the DOJ investigation?  Menendez news came us several months after Santos had already been a tabloid poster boy.

All that aside, he deserves to be thrown out and prosecuted too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Wasted no time?  Glory!   How long did it take for Santos even after the DOJ investigation?  Menendez news came us several months after Santos had already been a tabloid poster boy.

All that aside, he deserves to be thrown out and prosecuted too.

Menendez has a history of corruption before these current charges.  Just surprised it is taking so long for the house to act.  Santos definitely was a creep and needed to be thrown out as well.  I suspect Menendez knows where some bodies are buried so the current power players have to a bit more careful acting against Menendez than a nobody like Santos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
2 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Menendez has a history of corruption before these current charges.  Just surprised it is taking so long for the house to act.  Santos definitely was a creep and needed to be thrown out as well.  I suspect Menendez knows where some bodies are buried so the current power players have to a bit more careful acting against Menendez than a nobody like Santos.

He does indeed, but he was not under investigation or charges when this broke.  Seems he did not turn over a new leaf. Schumer has already called for his resignation, but that would require some particle of honor, I don't think it will happen.  They will have to throw him out. 

I suspect you are counting the days before you can declare two tiered justice and favoritism.  I kind of hope they get him before that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.