Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Early Image of Jesus Christ Discovered at Oxyrhynchus, Egypt

docyabut2

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-look-like.html

"The Bible nowhere gives a physical description of what Jesus looked like during His incarnation. The closest thing we get to a description is in Isaiah 53:2b, “He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.” All this tells us is that Jesus’ appearance was just like any other man’s – He was ordinary-looking. Isaiah was here prophesying that the coming suffering Servant would arise in lowly conditions and wear none of the usual emblems of royalty, making His true identity visible only to the discerning eye of faith."

1 hour ago, and-then said:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-look-like.html

"The Bible nowhere gives a physical description of what Jesus looked like during His incarnation. The closest thing we get to a description is in Isaiah 53:2b, “He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.” All this tells us is that Jesus’ appearance was just like any other man’s – He was ordinary-looking. Isaiah was here prophesying that the coming suffering Servant would arise in lowly conditions and wear none of the usual emblems of royalty, making His true identity visible only to the discerning eye of faith."

Jesus was from the house of David and David was ruddy :) 

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Berean Standard Bible He was ruddy, with beautiful eyes and a handsome appearance. And the LORD said, “Rise and anoint him, for he is the one.”

That was the son of Jesse, NOT Jesus. 

cormac

• Like 3

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

Jesse, in the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament), the father of King David

My only point, Docy, was that no one really knows what He looked like and it isn't important.  His message is the most important thing, the good news He brought to the world.  All the good news is contained in three simple points.  He died for the sins of all, he was buried, and He rose from that tomb on the third day, as according to scriptures.  Those who believe that and are willing to confess it with their tongue, will be saved.  It's a beautiful message for this time of year, especially THIS year :) 

Well we know that King David had a ruddy pink complexion, not red hair, because gingers have no souls.  You can hardly be King of Israel without a soul now, can you, let alone carrying the Mark of Cain (ginger hair)?  That is also why the red heifer is so important, as it is essentially an animal without a standard animating spirit, and thus is essentially vegan to kill and eat as it is cruelty free to kill and butcher it, making it the perfect meat and the perfect sacrifice to YHVH who loves Him some sanctified BBQ.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Thanks 2

Please tell me this isn't a thread trying to say Jesus was white. 

• Haha 1

My guess is that Jesus would have the olive skinned tone as he was Mediterranean. He wasn't white.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Seems like in the OP image of 'Jesus' has his hand/fingers in a V shape and he is saying 'Live long and Prosper'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

Please tell me this isn't a thread trying to say Jesus was white. 

How many pictures you see of Jesus and he’s white? That’s wrong. Cause you can’t hang around Jerusalem no 37 years not wearin’ a hat and be white!”

-Fred G. Sanford, junk dealer

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Seems like in the OP image of 'Jesus' has his hand/fingers in a V shape and he is saying 'Live long and Prosper'

That’s interesting because Leonard Nimoy said he created the Vulcan hand gesture from an identical Jewish one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, susieice said:

My guess is that Jesus would have the olive skinned tone as he was Mediterranean. He wasn't white.

Definitely. Some people tend to confuse the term Caucasian with “automatically white” which is not the case. Semitic peoples were Caucasian but not white.

The European long haired white man version of Jesus came out of Renaissance art and amusingly most depictions were based on a portraits of Cesare Borgia.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Great minds think alike MissJatti!  That was my initial thought as well!

My next thought...wishful thinking on some money grubber Christers.

Wednesday: That woman thinks Jesus suffered for her sins. They're her sins, why should Jesus do all the suffering?

Shadow: Cause his dad sacrificed his ass.

Wednesday: Don't blame the parent. Plenty of suffering and blame to go around. Although that White Jesus could stand a little more suffering. He's doing very well for himself these days.

Shadow: ...And how many colors does Jesus come in?

Wednesday: Well you got your white, Jesuit-style Jesus, you got your black African Jesus, you got your brown Mexican Jesus, you got your swarthy Greek Jesus—

Shadow: That's a...That's a lot of Jesus.

Wednesday: There's a lot of need for Jesus, so there are a lot of Jesus.”

From American Gods.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, and-then said:

My only point, Docy, was that no one really knows what He looked like and it isn't important.  His message is the most important thing, the good news He brought to the world.  All the good news is contained in three simple points.  He died for the sins of all, he was buried, and He rose from that tomb on the third day, as according to scriptures.  Those who believe that and are willing to confess it with their tongue, will be saved.  It's a beautiful message for this time of year, especially THIS year :) 

Actually I think the more important message was "be nice, don't discriminate, forgive" - sadly, one most people (including most Christians) ignore ;) 

• Like 1