Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lamborghini gives production line workers 4 day work week

spartan max2

Lamborghini switching to a four day work week for it's factory workers.

On Tuesday, Lamborghini reached an agreement with its unions to roll out a shorter week for its production workers without slashing pay, the labor associations and company.

https://fortune.com/europe/2023/12/07/lamborghini-four-day-workweek-italy-germany-volkswagen-unions-uaw/

Will this be a future trend until the four day work week because like the 5 day is now?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

https://fortune.com/europe/2023/12/07/lamborghini-four-day-workweek-italy-germany-volkswagen-unions-uaw/

Will this be a future trend until the four day work week because like the 5 day is now?

Let's hope so. Work smarter not harder. It has long been predicted that automation would make our lives easier. For some people work is a passion and a pleasure, but they usually work in creative fields or hold mainly senior positions. For most it is drudgery for little reward.

I quit being a wage slave 13 years ago, and now do no paid work. Believe me, having your days to yourself is pretty damn good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pellinore said:

Let's hope so. Work smarter not harder. It has long been predicted that automation would make our lives easier. For some people work is a passion and a pleasure, but they usually work in creative fields or hold mainly senior positions. For most it is drudgery for little reward.

I quit being a wage slave 13 years ago, and now do no paid work. Believe me, having your days to yourself is pretty damn good.

How do you get money?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m confused as to what passes for a 4 day week. Are they working less, more, same ?

On 12/10/2023 at 6:52 AM, spartan max2 said:

There won't be a four day week until everyone gets on board. Otherwise it's simply not financially viable.

20 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I’m confused as to what passes for a 4 day week. Are they working less, more, same ?

The new form of working, known as the 100:80:100 model, allows employees to keep 100 per cent of their pay while working 80 per cent of the hours — as long as they maintain 100 per cent of their productivity.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news.com.au/finance/work/at-work/the-australian-companies-with-fourday-work-weeks/news-story/94c9a45db35f52047b26764824c245bc%3famp

In defense we switched from a 10 day / 80 hour pay period to a 9 day / 80 pay period, with the day being 10hours (they took out some time for lunch, if I recall) rather than eight and getting every other Friday off; it was fabulous.  The extra day off and availability for many more weekend trips well justified the additional ~two hours per day.  I was early/mid twenties and single, however.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 6:22 PM, pellinore said:

In life you have time and no money or money without time. Cannot get both so you need to choose somewhat.

On 12/10/2023 at 2:50 AM, spartan max2 said:

How do you get money?

Currently you need about £200,000 in the right shares to generate a passive income of £40,000 a year.

Alternatively, you can go into business. If you dont have any service skills you could go on Amazon with Xmas coming up, notice what gaps exist, and plug a few. There are a lot of companies which allow you to make your own merchandise from t-shirts to mugs. All you do is register, upload your design to a t-shirt or mug, and order a sample. If it comes out good place an order for 100 and test it on Amazon. We are talking just a few hundred start-up fees.

Dont sell what already exists, go for gaps which you think there will be decent demand for.

If you are good at painting put some artwork on. Amazon quite literally has artwork on sale for £5,000 a piece or more.

If you can program make an indie game and sell it on steam. And if you only have basic programming skill have ChatGPT write it!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

Currently you need about £200,000 in the right shares to generate a passive income of £40,000 a year.

Alternatively, you can go into business. If you dont have any service skills you could go on Amazon with Xmas coming up, notice what gaps exist, and plug a few. There are a lot of companies which allow you to make your own merchandise from t-shirts to mugs. All you do is register, upload your design to a t-shirt or mug, and order a sample. If it comes out good place an order for 100 and test it on Amazon. We are talking just a few hundred start-up fees.

Dont sell what already exists, go for gaps which you think there will be decent demand for.

If you are good at painting put some artwork on. Amazon quite literally has artwork on sale for £5,000 a piece or more.

If you can program make an indie game and sell it on steam. And if you only have basic programming skill have ChatGPT write it!

I was asking Pellinore how he personally got money to live and not have to work.