Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elizabeth Warren's sandwich war

susieice

It sounds like she's starting to lose it too. This makes no sense. It's all because another company is buying out Subway and she's seeing a monopoly on sandwiches. I have at least 15 large chains, dozens of restaurants, and dozens more cafe's and bars just in my immediate area where I can go buy a sandwich. Or I can do what I did today. Go to the store, get a loaf of bread and some lunch meat and cheese and make a sandwich at home. There's 4 major grocery store chains in my town.

Elizabeth Warren’s war on sandwiches is no nothingburger (msn.com)

• Like 7

Made a sandwich at home…..now that’s clever….🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, susieice said:

It sounds like she's starting to lose it too. This makes no sense. It's all because another company is buying out Subway and she's seeing a monopoly on sandwiches. I have at least 15 large chains, dozens of restaurants, and dozens more cafe's and bars just in my immediate area where I can go buy a sandwich. Or I can do what I did today. Go to the store, get a loaf of bread and some lunch meat and cheese and make a sandwich at home. There's 4 major grocery store chains in my town.

Elizabeth Warren’s war on sandwiches is no nothingburger (msn.com)

3 hours ago, Shadowsfall said:

Made a sandwich at home…..now that’s clever….🤔

I don't know about the US, but it seems in the UK fast-food places are under pressure. They bounced back massively after the lockdowns were lifted, but the economic pressure over the last year or so means that a lot of places are losing custom. And the cost of ingredients means that prices have gone up a lot. Before Covid and the Ukraine war we could go into a McDs and spend a couple of quid. Now it's more like £10, which is worth keeping in your pocket if you can be home in a few hours and make something. If I had money to invest, I wouldn't put it in a fast-food chain atm.

• Like 7

Prices here in the US have gone up too. So has the price of lunch meat, cheese and bread but it's still cheaper than eating out all the time. I still go out for lunch to be with friends that I worked with for many years. I didn't really go to a lot of fast food places like McDs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pellinore said:

I don't know about the US, but it seems in the UK fast-food places are under pressure. They bounced back massively after the lockdowns were lifted, but the economic pressure over the last year or so means that a lot of places are losing custom. And the cost of ingredients means that prices have gone up a lot. Before Covid and the Ukraine war we could go into a McDs and spend a couple of quid. Now it's more like £10, which is worth keeping in your pocket if you can be home in a few hours and make something. If I had money to invest, I wouldn't put it in a fast-food chain atm.

In Oz the drive thru at Macca’s,kfc etc are still packed…..note I said the drive thrus not the main counters …getting out your car seems a bit troublesome over here…

• Like 2

A few years ago we saw Jimmy Johns opening sandwich restaurants in the Southern States, major towns and small cities mostly, which were usually dominated by Subway restaurants. I had never seen one before, so I thought I would try their sandwiches. The way they take your order at their counters is not at all like Subway's method, but they have it set up like a Subway. It was confusing the first time. But I didn't like the way they did that anyway and their sandwiches were not as good as Subway sandwiches. Recently I noticed a few of their sandwich restaurants closed down in a few nearby towns, but the Subways are still there. I wonder why? :lol:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pellinore said:

Now it's more like £10

I recently saw a Tim Pool vid where he was saying Biden couldn't win because in at least a couple of US states, a single meal at a Micky Ds was over 18 USD/ 15 lb

• Like 1