Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump is off the Colorado ballot

susieice

8 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I've changed my mind.  Up until today I've wanted Nikki Haley to be the Republican candidate.  I'm now switching 100% to Trump,  if only that I can laugh at the reactions when everyone writing him off gets egg on their face. 

What can I say  I can be a real contrarian at times :w00t:

There will be a lot of Independents thinking the same thing. 

This will backfire right in their faces. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

In a stunning and unprecedented decision

Yes, it is unprecedented that the POS POTUS attempted to overturn the election. and illegally stay in office.

• Like 8

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

-The Constitution

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

That's the rub and why it will likely be over turned.  How can you remove someone from the ballot for a crime and that person has not been convicted of it...  regardless of what people's opinion may be, Trump has not been convicted of being an insurrectionist.  

Because he is guilty, Guilty, GUILTY!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Doc Socks Junior said:

-The Constitution

When was Trump convicted of an insurrection or are we just going off opinion now?

Either charge the man federally and convict him in court or **** about insurrections imho...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

Many of his followers were in fact convicted of insurrection and are in prison for it. Would this figure in?

• Like 6

When was Trump convicted of an insurrection or are we just going off opinion now?

Either charge the man federally and convict him in court or **** about insurrections imho...

I think the article says Colorado's court did rule he was involved under the clause that Doc Socks posted. That's why he's off the state ballot.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Onus is now on Trump to prove it wasn't insurrection 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

-The Constitution

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

According to this clause only Congress can remove it. Would that apply to a ruling from a state Supreme Court? I would think the Federal Supreme Court could overturn it.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hawken said:

More proof of election interference and fear Trump will win in 2024.

If Trump was able to hide his guilt as he tried to do with Stormy Daniels, that would be election interference.  People want to know if he is innocent or guilty with all of his indictments.  In this case, he can appeal.  And as so many have pointed out, he can still run even if he is in prison. And as everybody says, he just gets more popular and raises more money.

12 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

It is clear with all the lawfare being thrown at Trump, the Democrats are scared of him.  They rather try to remove him from ballot than just win fairly.

We still live in a Constitutional Republic under the rule of law.  Trump is charged with breaking civil laws in New York and DC.  He gets his  day in court.  I would be lying if I said like anybody else, because he received all kinds of tolerance, special breaks and special treatment.  He has also been charged with criminal activities and is the very first President who has tried to derail the peaceful transition of power. 

Allowing accused insurrectionists on the ballot is not fair.  If the Supreme Court backs Colorado, a slim chance, then he remains off the ballot. 

NO LAWS WERE CHANGED TO TARGET TRUMP. He broke established laws, now he gets his day in court. More Democrats feel outraged and betrayed than fearful. 

Would it be cool  if Biden took an idea from Trump and became a dictator for one day?  He could lock up all of Trump's family and associates, declare Trump deranged and criminally insane and lock him up for good. Bet you wouldn't like that too much. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, susieice said:

Many of his followers were in fact convicted of insurrection and are in prison for it. Would this figure in?

No one has been charged with an insurrection.  There have been charges against Proud Boys / Oath Keepers of seditious conspiracy.  However, that is not the same thing as an insurrection.

From the NY Times...

Insurrection charges are considered difficult to prove and are exceedingly rare. While many people have called the events of Jan. 6 an “insurrection,” the Justice Department has not charged any rioters with that crime. In addition to the handful of seditious conspiracy charges against members of two militias, the Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys, prosecutors have charged various rioters with such crimes as assaulting police officers, obstructing an official congressional proceeding and trespassing.

So again, if Trump is really guilty of an insurrection, the DOJ should charge him under the federal statute.

"Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Onus is now on Trump to prove it wasn't insurrection 

Guilty until proven innocent! Truth, justice and the American way!

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Paranoid Android said:

Guilty until proven innocent!

Same people who love to throw around terms like fascist, dictator, nazi, hitler!  LOL

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Same people who love to throw around terms like fascist, dictator, nazi, hitler!  LOL

It’s not the democrats it’s the deafening silence from the republicans that should have you worried 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

Indeed, and I’ll bet the smell of weed is like a Cheech and Chong movie in the whole state of Colorado tonight.

I wouldn’t for jump for joy quite yet, though, because I imagine DJT’s appeal before the US Supreme Court will likely go his way.  

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Guilty until proven innocent! Truth, justice and the American way!

Trump can now prove himself innocent 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

I've changed my mind.  Up until today I've wanted Nikki Haley to be the Republican candidate.  I'm now switching 100% to Trump,  if only so that I can laugh at the reactions when everyone writing him off gets egg on their face. 

What can I say  I can be a real contrarian at times :w00t:

:lol: See! I knew you could show your true colors Mr. Android. And I heard Nikki Haley wants short terms anyway. Good for you! MAGA right wing populist reborn! It suits you. Be proud!

There will be a lot of Independents thinking the same thing. 

Not this Independent. :D

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

This is what Banana Republics do.

No actually they don’t, they pull Trump and steal the election. So, I suppose that even Banana Republics are smarter than Trump also because they succeed where he failed!:w00t::lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Trump can now prove himself innocent 

He was never charged, let alone convicted! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Katniss said:

:lol: See! I knew could show your true colors Mr. Android. And I heard Nikki Haley wants short terms anyway. Good or you! MAGA right wing populist reborn! It suits you. Be proud!

Now watch out your going to hurt his feelings which will cause him to start building another straw house!:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Katniss said:

:lol: See! I knew you could show your true colors Mr. Android. And I heard Nikki Haley wants short terms anyway. Good for you! MAGA right wing populist reborn! It suits you. Be proud!

I'm more a contrarian than a populist,  but I take your meaning

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1