Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump is off the Colorado ballot

susieice

10 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

It’s not the democrats it’s the deafening silence from the republicans that should have you worried 

A good number of RINOs don't like him either.  They are probably behind it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

He was never charged, let alone convicted! 

:lol: Not yet but that investigation is almost over and based upon the information released to date, I expect the indictment will be coming very very soon.:yes:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, susieice said:
This is when the Supreme Court will be on Christmas/ New Year's break. What ever happens has to be in the next 4 days and if they will be able to schedule it. I do think it has to go through Colorado first.

23 December 2022

Supreme Court: 4:30pm 23 December 2022 to 16 January 2023

www.shine.com.au/resources/legal-news/what-happens-to-the-courts-over-chris…

@Grim Reaper 6  I was so worked up I did this wrong. My apologies. This is even worse. That post was for 2022. This one is for 2023. They leave on the 21st. That's 2 days from now. They won't be back until the 16th and that's too late. Can they change Colorado state law. I didn't think they could.

December 21, 2023

The Supreme Court is set to break for Christmas recess on December 21, 2023. In a gazette notice by the President of the Apex court and Chief Justice Martha Koome, the recess will end on January 13, 2024.
image.png.3e071290b24f9c6b3040dc5634a59e6c.png
www.the-star.co.ke/news/realtime/2023-11-03-supreme-court-to-go-for-recess-o…
Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

:lol: Not yet but that investigation is almost over and based upon the information released to date, I expect the indictment will be coming very very soon.:yes:

Until then,  Trump is being treated as guilty until proven innocent, and the political left is ok with that. I'm not ok with that. 

Are you ok with that?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I'm more a contrarian than a populist,  but I take your meaning

Okay, what if we go with, um, a contrarian right wing populist? :D Would that sound better?

BTW, Mr. Android, I believe you are not the only (contrarian) right wing populist here on UM. There are others here and their posts make it obvious. But I just find it fascinating you won't admit to it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Until then,  Trump is being treated as guilty until proven innocent, and the political left is ok with that. I'm not ok with that. 

Are you ok with that?

Of course.... the ends always justify the means for the left.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Are you ok with that?

I am ok with it because everything points to the fact, he is guilty. But we will find out soon enough the January 6 commission is about to publish their results. Now, you are welcome to sit in the dark and repeat Trump is not guilty. But anyone who followed the information released since the commission was formed can obviously come to the conclusion, he is actually guilty. Remember denial is not a river in Egypt!!:yes:

PS, since you don't have an American birth certificate your vote where he is guilty or not doesn't count, even though you obvious want to be an American Citizen!!

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

Of course.... the ends always justify the means for the left.

Your funny guy, but I will bet that in reality you don't even know your right from your left without a compass sparky!!!!!!!!🤪

Edited by Grim Reaper 6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Okay, what if we go with, um, a contrarian right wing populist? :D Would that sound better?

I guess I can handle that, but I doubt I'll ever describe myself that way :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Katniss said:

BTW, Mr. Android, I believe you are not the only (contrarian) right wing populist here on UM. There are others here and their posts make it obvious. But I just find it fascinating you won't admit to it.

I'm certainly more that way than I am a left wing progressive liberal, but I do identify myself more as a Libertarian in a lot of ways (that's what category I always get put in after doing those political compass quizzes, and it seems mostly accurate (though I do support Government-funded healthcare, which is as anti-Libertarian as you can get, so I guess I don't really fit neatly in any box). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I am ok with it because everything points to the fact, he is guilty. But we will find out soon enough the January 6 commission is about to publish their results. Now, you are welcome to sit in the dark and repeat Trump is not guilty. But anyone who followed the information released since the commission was formed can obviously come to the conclusion, he is actually guilty. Remember denial is not a river in Egypt!!:yes:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this, I'd argue that anyone who has followed the information released will come to the conclusion that this is a witch hunt. So yay for disagreements. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Only if it can be proven to be a first amendment right. Good luck with that

No luck needed on this one.  It isn't even close to being viable.  The point of law will be around 1A but also the fact that a state's judicial body used their own OPINIONS of what a citizen was guilty of even without that citizen having ANY due process of law.  It will be overturned and the ruling is likely to leave no room for other states to attempt to subvert our elections in this way.  Colorado is essentially a blue state that he almost certainly would not have won, anyway.  He actually loses nothing other than the need to stop this election interference in its tracks before swing state democrats try to exclude him there, as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

so let the American people actually decide by special ballot that should be fair don’t you think?

I'd have no problem with that but there is no mechanism at the Federal level for a national referendom.  The reason it isn't necessary is that this action by a state is so anti-Democratic that SCOTUS must rule and set precedent so it can't be done again.  Regardless of the opinions of half the electorate, the man hasn't been charged, let alone convicted of insurrection, so this ruling in Colorado takes away his fundamental Constitutional right to due process under the law.  If this were upheld, then in the future, a party could simply use this ploy to remove anyone they chose from a ballot and it would undermine our electoral system.  Let's wait and see what SCOTUS rules.  I'll be very surprised if they don't rule in such a manner as to leave no doubt to other state governments that unless they can actually try and convict him, they cannot simply disqualify the leading candidate for president.  The article says this decision was "unprecedented" and they couldn't be more correct.

Let's remember that Trump has no serious competition in the Republican primaries and in several of the most recent polls he is leading Biden.  If the man was widely believed to have engaged in a crime against America don't you imagine his numbers would be different?  Removing such a candidate from the ballot would signal the end of our country to the rest of the world.  Is it worth that just to stop Orange Man Bad?  Half the nation doesn't think so.

Edited by and-then
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Many of his followers were in fact convicted of insurrection and are in prison for it. Would this figure in?

According to the DOJ, not a single one was convicted of that crime.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/30-months-jan-6-attack-capitol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

I can’t believe @susieice beat me to this ….  

Yep!  A great day for the Democrat party... I hear the walls are closin' in! :w00t:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

It’s not the democrats it’s the deafening silence from the republicans that should have you worried 

They aren't the ones trying to keep a candidate off the ballot so as to keep the people from having a choice.  

54 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Are you ok with that?

We haven't even begun to see the creativity of the Left and their media in trying to stop him from even being on the ballot.  I'm telling everyone... these people are going to see hardcore propaganda to stir the masses to violence before the next election if they see they will lose.  Watch them...

Edited by and-then
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Go Colorado!!!

Come on the rest of America. Catch up and put the crook behind bars already. We all know it's WAY overdue. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this, I'd argue that anyone who has followed the information released will come to the conclusion that this is a witch hunt. So yay for disagreements. 

I've watched these kinds of "any day now" statements over the last 6 years that it's become boring to even bother with them.  It's as though they can't even see the irony of their stance.  "The walls are closin in" :lol:

• Like 2

I don't think a charge and conviction of insurrection is necessary to apply the amendment.  So far there have been two judicial findings that Trump engaged in insurrection, both proceeding from trial and appeal in which Trump was represented by council who presented a defense.  So there is now legal precedent and it will have weight, but probably not enough to sway the Supremes I suspect.

Edited by Wistman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, and-then said:

We haven't even begun to see the creativity of the Left and their media in trying to stop him from even being on the ballot.  I'm telling everyone... these people are going to see hardcore propaganda to stir the masses to violence before the next election if they see they will lose.  Watch them...

You being the king of hardcore propoganda

Violence? Is that what you want is it? Sounds like it. Be ashamed of yourself 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

I guess I can handle that, but I doubt I'll ever describe myself that way :lol: 

I'm certainly more that way than I am a left wing progressive liberal, but I do identify myself more as a Libertarian in a lot of ways (that's what category I always get put in after doing those political compass quizzes, and it seems mostly accurate (though I do support Government-funded healthcare, which is as anti-Libertarian as you can get, so I guess I don't really fit neatly in any box). 

Oh that's because right wing MAGA populism hijacks some of the political conservative ideas from Libertarians. It's nothing new. Some conservatives have been doing that for years in the Republican party. Listen, if you are going to support Orange Jesus and defend or agree mostly with everything Orange Jesus says, it's obvious you are MAGA and fit into the category of right wing populism. Otherwise you wouldn't waste your time here. If you don't like the sound of that label, I understand, but it's really illogical to try and separate yourself from that label when you are on the "Go Trump" team. :D Trump is MAGA - MAGA is right wing populism.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, and-then said:

I'd have no problem with that but there is no mechanism at the Federal level for a national referendom.

I also think it would be the best way, to handle important situations like abortion, this situation and many more like it. I understand it would require an Amendment to the Constitution, but it would be a worthwhile endeavor. I currently don't trust many of our federal institutions to haer and decide upon important issue, because many of these institutions are politically motivated and in my opinion that includes the Supreme Court. 

The reason it isn't necessary is that this action by a state is so anti-Democratic that SCOTUS must rule and set precedent so it can't be done again.

I believe currently the SCOTUS is broken, I mean we have members of the organization catering to our political parties because they are supplied with money, trips, and other incentives to do so. So, until the SOCTUS cleans up it's own house how can they be relied upon to handle National issues in a non-bias manner.

Regardless of the opinions of half the electorate, the man hasn't been charged, let alone convicted of insurrect so this ruling in Colorado takes away his fundamentla Constitutional right to due process under the law.  If this were upheld then in the future, a party could simply use this ploy to remove anyone they chose from a ballot and it would undermine our electoral system.  Let's wait and see what SCOTUS rules.  I'll be very surprised if they don't rule in such a manner as to leave no doubt to other state governments that unless they can actually try and convict him, they cannot simply disqualify the leading candidate for president.  The article says this decision was "unprecedented" and they couldn't be more correct.

I believe there is an indictment on the way as we speak from the January 6 commission or I should say the Commision through the Attorney General they have been hinting at for almost a month now. So, I don't think individual states need to convict him or even try too so.

Let's remember that Trump has no serious competition in the Republican primaries and in several of the most recent polls he is leading Biden.  If the man was widely believed to have engaged in a crime against America don't you imagine his numbers would be different?  Removing such a candidate from the ballot would signal the end of our country to the rest of the world.  Is it worth that just to stop Orange Man Bad?  Half the nation doesn't think so.

No his numbers would not be different, because his MAGA believes he is the chosen one, and they are addicted to the Kool-Laid along with bending their collective knees and kissing the ring. TDS - Trump Devotion Syndrome is real and its effects on the brain are wide reaching and damaging!! pleasse don't use this half the Nation crap its unrealistic and here is why.

Below are the numbers and how does half the Nation fit into them?

Biden 80 million plus votes

Trump 70 million plus votes 

Americas Population 333.290 million approximately 

Americans who didn't vote approximately 183.290 Million approximately 

If Americans could vote directly upon an issue with a majority wins rule more voters that are disillusioned Americans may come out and vote the question is how many and we may never know. But, after you separate those Americans to young or those tnhat suffer from an illness I would imagine that there would be approximately 90 million plus addition voters may be had.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

Hey dam it you better recognize, I am a Rhino and dam proud of it!!:angry::lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

Well this is what I’m saying. The republicans have not come out to defend him. The GOP is splitting into MAGA and the rest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2