Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maine's top election official rules Trump ineligible for 2024 primary ballot

WVK

CAMDEN, Maine — Maine’s top election official ruled Thursday that Donald Trump is constitutionally ineligible to appear on the state’s primary ballot next year, fueling a national effort to disqualify the former president over his attempts to overturn the 2020 election.

The decision by Maine Secretary of State Shenna Bellows, a Democrat, follows a bombshell Colorado Supreme Court ruling last week that concluded the 14th Amendment to the Constitution prohibits Trump from serving in office again due to his role in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rcna131375

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

There HAS to be a Republican state that does this as well, otherwise the MAGA brigade will only spin this as “Dems hating on us” and just fuel the brewing chaos. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, WVK said:

The decision by Maine Secretary of State Shenna Bellows

This is totally unexpected. She loves Trump. Something strange going on. Maybe she's compromised. Probably on Epstein's client list. 

🤔

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

There HAS to be a Republican state that does this as well, otherwise the MAGA brigade will only spin this as “Dems hating on us” and just fuel the brewing chaos. 

You’re joking, I get it. The domino’s are falling for Biden. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I agree with you completely, but it is never going happen. MAGA will never betray their narcissistic megalomaniac leader, hell would sooner freeze over!!!!!:yes:

• Like 5

Maine is not a big state nor a Democratic one. One of my sisters lives there.  They are mostly pragmatic and patriotic, stubborn and brave.  There very well could still be enough people that are brave enough to stand up to the system and hold with their beliefs in the Constitution. without any compromise or corruption.   

Is principal unbelievable because it is unknown among the MAGA crowd?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Is principal unbelievable because it is unknown among the MAGA crowd?

"principal"  

🤣

20231228_172911.jpg.702b95687ad012f66a95e9db51ea5513.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

This entire decision was left in the hands of one solitary person who happens to be a Democrat and a virulent anti-Trumper. Chalk this one up to a decision that will easily be overturned on appeal. 

• Confused 1

Hahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!

• Like 2

We'll just wait and see if the Supreme Court overturns this. Trump wasn't charged for J6.

• Like 1

This is not a surprise, and they knew this would be the decision, and they knew that it would go to appeal automatically, to Maine Supreme Court. I read about this the other day in one of the Colorado decision articles online. It's very likely to get overturned.

https://www.lawfaremedia.org/article/trump-disqualified-from-maine-s-primary-ballot

Trump may appeal the decision in Maine Superior Court within five days of this today’s decision.

So he doesn't need to go to the SCOTUS on this one just yet.

EDIT: However looks like probably 5 of the 8 justices at that level are recent appointees by the Dem governor. :whistle:

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Double post

Edited by DieChecker

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Nah, this interference isn't the same old nonsense driven by media.  THIS election interference has a national impact and SCOTUS cannot ignore it.  Imagine say, Texas and Florida or California (states with HUGE numbers of elctoral votes) deciding Biden is so corrupt he is disqualified from running in those states.  No trial, no public proof or evidence, they just decide to dump him from the ballot.  THAT is what these shills are trying to do with Orange Man Bad. 

If SCOTUS allows this to stand, all hell is going to break loose in multiple states around the nation.  It will finally break any facade of unity regarding our elections and leave the country bare of any Constitutional protections or any reason to even have elections.  Yeah, this attempt against Trump is that important and after SCOTUS rules against it, watch the DC Leftists begin running media stories about how corrupt SCOTUS itself has become.  These people are poisoning everything in an attempt to keep the people from being able to choose Trump again.  It's disgusting and potentially deadly to our Republic.  Watch how many here will cheer on the effort.  When did Americans decide that government or courts should be the ones choosing our leaders rather than leaving that choice to the people?  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, and-then said:

Nah, this interference isn't the same old nonsense driven by media.  THIS election interference has a national impact and SCOTUS cannot ignore it.  Imagine say, Texas and Florida or California (states with HUGE numbers of elctoral votes) deciding Biden is so corrupt he is disqualified from running in those states.  No trial, no public proof or evidence, they just decide to dump him from the ballot.  THAT is what these shills are trying to do with Orange Man Bad. 

I'd have to agree that without a trial and conviction, Trump didn't commit the crime of insurrection. A judge can't just decide he's guilty, or a elected Secretary of State for that matter.

It's like saying Biden took bribe money from China and impeaching him without any due process at all.

If he's found guilty though. Bye bye...

Maybe some states use a different law. But if they're using the 14th Amendment, I'd assume it requires due process of some kind. His impeachment would count, but he wasn't convicted by the Senate. 

Did the people from the Civil War this was supposed to protect against get insurrection trials?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

25 minutes ago, and-then said:

If SCOTUS allows this to stand, all hell is going to break loose in multiple states around the nation.  It will finally break any facade of unity regarding our elections and leave the country bare of any Constitutional protections or any reason to even have elections.  Yeah, this attempt against Trump is that important and after SCOTUS rules against it, watch the DC Leftists begin running media stories about how corrupt SCOTUS itself has become.  These people are poisoning everything in an attempt to keep the people from being able to choose Trump again.  It's disgusting and potentially deadly to our Republic.  Watch how many here will cheer on the effort.  When did Americans decide that government or courts should be the ones choosing our leaders rather than leaving that choice to the people?  

My point being made, I think. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

My point being made, I think. 

You mean, all the evidence points to a Democrat witch hunt, and until and unless that changes the people following the story will treat it as a Democrat witch hunt? 

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

You mean, all the evidence points to a Democrat witch hunt, and until and unless that changes the people following the story will treat it as a Democrat witch hunt? 

Again… demonstrating my point. 
One side calls it “justice”. The other “witch hunt”. 
When someone tries to  reach across the political divide they will be called traitor. 
And there will be blood on the streets before 2025 because of it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

Probably on Epstein's client list. 

Best post of the week, so far …

So have we gotten to the point that people only trust a judge of their own party?

Will a murderer be able to get a mistrial because he is a Democrat and the judge is a Republican?  How far will it go? 

In Maine, the Secretary of State, no matter which party they belong to gets to decide who is qualified to be on the ballot for both parties.  

This Secretary of State is citing a SPECIFIC clause of the United States Constitution, NOT ORANGE MAN BAD.  As such, it should be easy for a court to adjudicate. He is not being kept off the ballot for tax fraud,  incompetence, possible incestuous behavior, or because people don't like his politics. It should be a fairly quick and easy case to decide based on the US Constitution.   

Now if you can find a Constitutional reason to keep Biden off the ballot, go ahead.  No doubt that will meet with the same success.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"principal"  

🤣

20231228_172911.jpg.702b95687ad012f66a95e9db51ea5513.jpg

Well at least this proves that Joe has friends and that he doesn't yet s**t his diapers in public.:devil:

• Haha 1

"principal"  

Thank you Acidhead.  I do appreciate the correction.  It is the principle of the thing.  I am trying really hard not to die stupid, but it is neck and neck right now.;)

• Like 1

Yea i cant see anything like that sticking , most likely it will be overturned, especially who this gal is.  I imagine Jack is trying to push any trial forwards because he knows Trump and team will try to stall it long enough to see if he does get elected again , then he could just pardon himself.

30 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

So have we gotten to the point that people only trust a judge of their own party?

:yes:🤣😍

20231228_212329.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, razman said:

Yea i cant see anything like that sticking , most likely it will be overturned, especially who this gal is.  I imagine Jack is trying to push any trial forwards because he knows Trump and team will try to stall it long enough to see if he does get elected again , then he could just pardon himself.

Well, right now, at least one constitutional professor says she is correct.

Maine allows a challenge by a registered voter to the legitimacy of a candidate.  The Secretary of State has to hold a hearing and let both sides present evidence. Her decision is based on the results of the hearing.  and not anything else.  She has a pretty quick and concise statement out, you can read or listen to.  It can be overturned, we will see how soon the court acts.  BTW, remember when Trump tried to keep Obama off the ballot because he said he was born in Kenya?  Karma manifests as a  boomerang sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

When it comes to Trump, these cases prove he is just too polarising. Or is it just coincidence that Maine and Colorado are both extremely liberal with the decisions ultimately being made by Democrats (all 7 judges in Colorado, and Ms Bellows)? I've had discussions with members right here on UM who have already gone on record to say that they will reject the Supreme Court's ruling if it goes against Colorado State because of the conservative bias present there (I can quote members if you disbelieve that, but I think you've seen it and wouldn't be surprised even if you haven't seen it). Maine still has appeals to go through before it gets to SCOTUS, my expectation is that it will be overturned immediately, but if not we're left at exactly the same point as Colorado.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1