Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Crap parents' behind struggling children, Tory MP James Daly claims

Still Waters

A Conservative MP has claimed that most children who struggle in his town are the "products of crap parents".

James Daly, the Tory MP for Bury North, made the claim while speaking to the i newspaper.

He was first elected in 2019 as an MP for the area. Bury North has swapped between Labour and the Conservatives since 1997.

James Frith, the Labour MP who Mr Daly unseated, is aiming to win the seat back at the election set to be called next year. The current majority is just 105.

https://news.sky.com/story/crap-parents-behind-struggling-children-tory-mp-james-daly-claims-13038891

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Poor parenting skills don't help with the outcome for many kids but its the pot luck genetic mix that's also a cause.

• Like 2

Interesting tactic the Tories seem to be taking for next election. Between the infighting, calling constituencies '****holes' and blaming their constituents for over a decade of failed Tory education reforms, I'm starting to think they're trying to set a record for worst election defeat in history.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Tory party reminds me of a group of lower end aristocrats, looking to resurrect an empire long gone and outta touch in every way with the society they represent. Tories needs serious reform. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

The Tory party reminds me of a group of lower end aristocrats, looking to resurrect an empire long gone and outta touch in every way with the society they represent. Tories needs serious reform. 

The truth is usually unpleasant but it's the only way to restore a nation that is falling into moral decay.  If the people refuse to see and deal with that truth then the nation's course is set and its end is inevitable.  That seems to be where America is today, as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and-then said:

The truth is usually unpleasant but it's the only way to restore a nation that is falling into moral decay.  If the people refuse to see and deal with that truth then the nation's course is set and its end is inevitable.  That seems to be where America is today, as well.

Not sure in what context you’re looking at, but concerning the UK Tories, they have been the dominant political force the past 20 years and it’s their fault the UK is losing their identity. I’m referring specifically about legal migration and more importantly Brexit, which has deeply divided the country and soured its economic prospects. 

• Like 3

On 12/29/2023 at 4:49 PM, L.A.T.1961 said:

Poor parenting skills don't help with the outcome for many kids but its the pot luck genetic mix that's also a cause.

Doesn’t “crap parent” encompass the gene pool angle?
There are so many ways to be crap at parenting - not least forsaking parenting duties to cope with living costs through working excessive hours, forcing kids into childcare? 

let’s see these Tory scumbags come up with ways to help parents and not use them to showcase their failure in government. 

8 hours ago, Slugnutty said:

There are so many ways to be crap at parenting - not least forsaking parenting duties to cope with living costs through working excessive hours, forcing kids into childcare? 

let’s see these Tory scumbags come up with ways to help parents and not use them to showcase their failure in government. 

But that's part of the problem, 'parents' that expect the government to sort out every aspect of their lives for them. It seems that personal responsibility is a thing of the past, anything goes wrong, blame the government, its an easy cop out. My advice... never rely on any government for anything, sort your own life out. Plus of course, you leave your kids in school for quite a lot of the time, perhaps 'crap'  teachers are part of the equation too. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 1:02 AM, Slugnutty said:

I think there are those who could be reasonable parents but don't see it as important as other aspects of their life and those that are incapable, the genetically  challenged. 

So there's those who can't and those who won't. 

Two distinct groups. 

On 12/29/2023 at 1:52 PM, Setton said:

Interesting tactic the Tories seem to be taking for next election. Between the infighting, calling constituencies '****holes' and blaming their constituents for over a decade of failed Tory education reforms, I'm starting to think they're trying to set a record for worst election defeat in history.

Seems they are taking notes from the Republicans over here in the U.S. .

On 12/31/2023 at 1:02 AM, Slugnutty said:

Some tax cuts or better still an increase in the limit before tax is paid would help but Liz was sacked for attempting exactly this as it was clamed to be an unsustainable budget.

Now the chickens come home to roost. 

I doubt if those who pushed her out will want to join the dots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Some tax cuts or better still an increase in the limit before tax is paid would help but Liz was sacked for attempting exactly this as it was clamed to be an unsustainable budget.

Now the chickens come home to roost. 

I doubt if those who pushed her out will want to join the dots. 

That budget cost the country £30,000,000,000. That's enough to give each set of parents over £3500. 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Setton said:

That budget cost the country £30,000,000,000. That's enough to give each set of parents over £3500. 

And how would throwing money at crap parents help?

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And how would throwing money at crap parents help?

I don't think it would but LAT was arguing the government should cut taxes (giving money) to help those parents.

On 1/1/2024 at 5:33 PM, Setton said:

Is that £30 billion cost before a subsequent improvement in the economy increases tax take for the treasury ?

I know the US was one nation that gave a negative view on that budget, yet they also introduced their Inflation Reduction Act at a similar time costing $500 billion.

"The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that the law will reduce budget deficits by $237 billion over the next decade."

Apparently what's good for the Goose is not allowed for the Gander. 

Or various commentators with self interests would rather stomp on competition before it starts.

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/public-sector/our-insights/the-inflation-reduction-act-heres-whats-in-it

22 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Is that £30 billion cost before a subsequent improvement in the economy increases tax take for the treasury ?

I know the US was one nation that gave a negative view on that budget, yet they also introduced their Inflation Reduction Act at a similar time costing $500 billion.

"The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that the law will reduce budget deficits by $237 billion over the next decade."

Apparently what's good for the Goose is not allowed for the Gander. 

Or various commentators with self interests would rather stomp on competition before it starts.

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/public-sector/our-insights/the-inflation-reduction-act-heres-whats-in-it

Given her government lasted barely 2 months, before those policies were scrapped, I imagine it's the impact over that time. 

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

Given her government lasted barely 2 months, before those policies were scrapped, I imagine it's the impact over that time. 

I would think budget costs are projected over a reasonable time period, often the life of a parliament, 4/5 years. 

And projections are estimated by the ONS who for one reason or another, especially in more recent times, overestimate cost and underestimate benefit. 

"The latest figures from the ONS indicated that the UK's economy has grown by 1.8% since the pandemic started, whereas the previous estimate was a 0.2% contraction.

They also showed that the economy grew by 0.3% in the first three months of this year, up from the 0.1% previously estimated."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66957412

On 12/29/2023 at 3:38 PM, Still Waters said:

A Conservative MP has claimed that most children who struggle in his town are the "products of crap parents".

James Daly, the Tory MP for Bury North, made the claim while speaking to the i newspaper.

He was first elected in 2019 as an MP for the area. Bury North has swapped between Labour and the Conservatives since 1997.

James Frith, the Labour MP who Mr Daly unseated, is aiming to win the seat back at the election set to be called next year. The current majority is just 105.

https://news.sky.com/story/crap-parents-behind-struggling-children-tory-mp-james-daly-claims-13038891

I agree with the MP and go further by stating I absolutely detest working class people.

Its their overinflated egos where they think they are entitled to special treatment from society. Most of them are corrupt too. They don`t see themselves like that because they lie to themselves all day long about their conduct, their attitude, and what a waste of space they are. My mantra is if they want a decent life then get up, get the education, and put the work in like those who are successful have had to do.

It sickens me listening to the envy, jealousy, and vitriol, aimed at the successful. From the `business owners are all corrupt and exploitative` to the `if only I had been privately educated I would have gone all the way to university` to the `capitalism is morally corrupt`. Its all lies and excuses. What is actually wrong is your parents were crap, they passed along to you a load of distorted perceptions, you completely lack the right attitude to make a success of yourself in life, and you wont get up off your lazy backside to do anything about it.

If you aren`t intelligent your local college does a range of non-academic courses where you can gain a decent income. Go be a plumber or a builder or a chef. There are plenty of options available. Society rewards you for having skills not for sitting around moaning and lying about everything.

I hate the working class so much I refuse point blank to even give a single penny to a homeless person.

1 hour ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I would think budget costs are projected over a reasonable time period, often the life of a parliament, 4/5 years. 

Well that doesn't really work when the government only lasts 50 days before a new government undoes those policies, does it?

You can't average out Liz Truss' colossal **** up by mixing in Sunak and Johnson's (marginally) less idiotic policies to claim hers were good.

20 hours ago, Setton said:

Well that doesn't really work when the government only lasts 50 days before a new government undoes those policies, does it?

You can't average out Liz Truss' colossal **** up by mixing in Sunak and Johnson's (marginally) less idiotic policies to claim hers were good.

No it doesn't but those introducing policy assume they will be long term plans even if they know it might be changed. I doubt if Liz expected to be unceremoniously booted out in a few months.

Both parties do this, Labour introduced tax changes immediately before the election they lost and had a good idea at the time they would not win.

On 12/29/2023 at 8:53 PM, and-then said:

It is the Tories that are causing the decay. That's why they are going to be voted into oblivion first chance the electorate get.

On 1/1/2024 at 3:54 PM, L.A.T.1961 said:

I think there are those who could be reasonable parents but don't see it as important as other aspects of their life and those that are incapable, the genetically  challenged. 

So there's those who can't and those who won't. 

Two distinct groups. 

You are coming over as more of a fascist than I am sure you would like to appear. You want to know what is the biggest difference between rich people and poor people? It is not genetics (look at the inbreeding in royal families and aristocracies); it's not intelligence (look at our UK royal family); it's not illicit drugs (look at the middle-class cocaine use); it's not ability. It is money.

5 hours ago, pellinore said:

You are coming over as more of a fascist than I am sure you would like to appear. You want to know what is the biggest difference between rich people and poor people? It is not genetics (look at the inbreeding in royal families and aristocracies); it's not intelligence (look at our UK royal family); it's not illicit drugs (look at the middle-class cocaine use); it's not ability. It is money.

My position is that it is genetics.

But that `defective genetics` isn`t as widespread as some believe. I put them at 15% of the population. The rest are sat at the bottom not from personality disorders, criminality, or stupidity, but because they haven`t gone and got the qualifications they need to earn or accumulate wealth.

Psychopaths and sociopaths are 2% of the population. They need snubbing out. They cause problems wherever they go even if they don`t get locked up for anything. Why society makes excuses for them I dont know. Psychopathy is wholly genetic and sociopathy the version of ASPD where its half genetics half abuse. Research exists saying paedophilia is genetic too. They need snubbing out as well.

A world free of psychopaths, sociopaths, and paedophiles, would be far more pleasant for everyone to live in. For the rest of the 15% well not everyone is bright, they need to set their career prospects down a non-academic direction. The world always needs plumbers and brick layers and hair dressers. For criminals not covered then its a cultural phenomenon. We need to sort out our cultural values to make breaking laws ghastly and horrific behaviour that everyone is appalled at. Rather than those cultures which idealise criminality such as drug and gangster cultures.

On 12/30/2023 at 6:53 AM, and-then said:

They’re a bunch of cheap suited, actually quite inept, gangsters. 
They actively lie to the masses, get caught lying, lie about being caught, go on rorting the system etc because the media is either inept or complicit (to the point of being the same people rorting the system) and the opposition party is both inept and self-defeating. 
BILLIONS of tax payer money spent on PPE … no PPE produced but companies with no assets owned by a Tory/a Tory donor rewarded. 
BILLIONS spent on flood preparation … PowerPoints in Swahili and Ukrainian. No levvies built. 
BILLI9NS lost due to government programmes … most spent on “consultancy firms” owned by Tories/Tory donors.