Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anonymous witness of Shag Harbor UFO shares 'death bed confession'

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Anonymous witness of Shag Harbor UFO shares 'death bed confession'

I’m generally very partial to death bed confessions but in this case, it wasn’t really a death bed confession, so the title is a bit misleading.  

12 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I’m generally very partial to death bed confessions but in this case, it wasn’t really a death bed confession, so the title is a bit misleading.  

The gentleman who e-mailed us described it as a death bed confession and I placed that term in inverted commas in the title to reflect this.

• Like 2

I’m not arguing against the reported facts of the case.  It seems pretty well documented that people did see something in this case.

• Like 3

Deathbed confessions are a dime a dozen.  It's been alleged Darwin had one, Hitchens as well, even though their wives disputed such.  And even if these were true, so what?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Resume said:

Deathbed confessions are a dime a dozen.  It's been alleged Darwin had one, Hitchens as well, even though their wives disputed such.  And even if these were true, so what?

Hitchens' never had a deathbed confession! Sadly,he was one of our greatest orators.Everyone he debated,he destroyed!

• Like 2

Not everyone. His losses don't get the likes or views on YouTube and are impossible to find these days.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Not everyone. His losses don't get the likes or views on YouTube and are very hard to find.

how do you know of the losses then? just out of interest 😉

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

how do you know of the losses then? just out of interest 😉

Those clips used to be more (available) on YouTube, back before the Google algorithm days of curated viewing. :tu:

I would have to see if Vimeo or Dailymotion has any old clips still around.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Those clips used to be more (available) on YouTube, back before the Google algorithm days of curated viewing. :tu:

I would have to see if Vimeo or Dailymotion has any old clips still around.

I followed Hitchens long before the Google algorithm days & never came across a loss.. not saying they don't exist but i doubt very much i would have missed one, if i have i'd love to see them. 

or is it just your opinion? anyways best leave it before we're moaned at for derailing the thread i guess 😉

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1

I wondered about a 'death bed confession' remaining anonymous. Shag Harbor, sorry, Harbour is not easily explained, with so many contemporaneous eye witness accounts. The photo is interesting with its reflection on the water.
  • Like 3

'death bed confessions' only mean something, in the <fantasy ufo/ alien world> if they're being made by an X 'named' individual of some importance...IMO

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

I followed Hitchens long before the Google algorithm days & never came across a loss.. not saying they don't exist but i doubt very much i would have missed one, if i have i'd love to see them. 

or is it just your opinion? anyways best leave it before we're moaned at for derailing the thread i guess 😉

No, I don't apply my opinions to what I have seen of him. I just recall that he conceded at the conclusion. It was an older video of course.

Oh you're right. How rude of us. Let's leave before that others who do it in every single thread they enter. show up

• Like 1

I always found this case very interesting and equally difficult to explain with so many witnesses….but as usual nothing definitively proven one way or the other….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shag Harbor is a great UFO case but this photo isn't exactly what I call 'convincing'. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Resume said:

I could be wrong, but something tells me that even a liar might tell the truth on his death bed.  Why lie now?  Yer gonna die.

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

I could be wrong, but something tells me that even a liar might tell the truth on his death bed.  Why lie now?  Yer gonna die.

You're assuming the reports are correct; in the two examples I provided, the wives rebutted the alleged conversions.

• Like 1

I'm honestly inclined to add this to my understanding of the Shag Harbour incident, but the one thing I don't understand is why anyone would wait 50 years to share this evidence. If they'd encountered a being or been abducted, then it might make sense, but this isn't particularly groundbreaking even if it's legitimate. If I'd taken the picture, I'd have been sharing it in every newspaper after the sighting. Government cover-ups and men in black weren't as big of an issue in Canada back then, I don't think.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 11:10 AM, Procyon said:

I'm honestly inclined to add this to my understanding of the Shag Harbour incident, but the one thing I don't understand is why anyone would wait 50 years to share this evidence. If they'd encountered a being or been abducted, then it might make sense, but this isn't particularly groundbreaking even if it's legitimate. If I'd taken the picture, I'd have been sharing it in every newspaper after the sighting. Government cover-ups and men in black weren't as big of an issue in Canada back then, I don't think.

So, Men In Black and govt. cover-ups are a large problem there now?

• Like 2