Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Snakefoot’ the Berryessa lake monster

Bruce H Trask

I have Live Photos and video and the files are too large to share here

Posted (edited)

Lake Berryessa is a self contained man made lake that was created by the construction of the Monticello dam in the 1950s. So unless some mad scientist stocked the reservoir with baby monsters, there’s no possible way anything like this could possibly be there.

The only thing down there are the ruins of the old town, and the only monster that was ever at Berryessa was the Zodiac killer.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

while fishing on 12-16-23 we saw a huge eel feeding on shad minnows. I took 4 Live Photos a second apart. And followed it for about 5 minutes as it made its way to a cove hearding a bait ball. I thought I was recording the even but I was not. I then turned on my phone video and shot 2.27 minutes of the creature as is undulated and fed until it noticed us. It then went into stealth mode and slowly slipped out of sight. We saw it an hour later 1/4 mile north of the cove and took more video. I can’t share the vids here or the live aspect of the picture but I will share an enlarged photo showing it’s head, and the original photo I expanded.358177B0-9AD9-4FB9-9E10-B4C42675D9C9.thumb.jpeg.a76ac50d01a6683cb3339302e2e1357a.jpegD6A63E2D-7E67-4F97-A551-4C1D78CF8BE0.thumb.jpeg.7dba0048f910d82e9c938f521cff5e7e.jpeg The body is in a reverse 6 and the head is visible behind the body facing left towards its tails. It is obviously feeding because you can see it’s mouth opening and closing in the live pictures I took. There were several other sightings over the years when the eel was only 20 feet long. That was 40 and 50 years ago, both credible. It has had a lot of time to grow since the dam was built in 1957. The lake is 300 feet deep when completely full. The lake is still open to swimming at this time. 😳

9 hours ago, Bruce H Trask said:

I have Live Photos and video and the files are too large to share here

Throw them up on We Transfer.  My money is on 27 year old male asylum seeker from the Seychelles.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:03 PM, Antigonos said:

Lake Berryessa is a self contained man made lake that was created by the construction of the Monticello dam in the 1950s. So unless some mad scientist stocked the reservoir with baby monsters, there’s no possible way anything like this could possibly be there.

The only thing down there are the ruins of the old town, and the only monster that was ever at Berryessa was the Zodiac killer.

I did some research only to find another sighting 50 miles away in a tiny natural lake called blue lakes. It is only 2 miles long but an unknown depth and is believed to be connected to Mt St Helena through lava fissures. These lava fissures extend through Calistoga and beyond. The town of Monticello was a mining town with plenty of tunnels. If you did dome research you will find a largely ignored base of evidence in many lakes including Lake Tahoe. And who is to say there isn’t a mad scientist dropping dinosaur  tadpoles into lakes. Look up sometime because and ufo could hold a mad scientist. Does it make sense? I’m not making this up. Google the blue lakes monster. Interesting stuff. This is probably related to the ogopogo monster which is thought to be a giant fresh water eel. 😳

Less theories and more of the supposed video would be nice. Without more this is nothing but a bad picture and a tall tale.

Edited by moonman

• 1 month later...

My wife and I are from Sacramento. She is in medical and I retired from law enforcement. We were boating/fishing Lake Berryessa in August of 1990 near where the power lines cross the lake. We saw an object in the water approx 200 yards in the distance moving fast in a straight line. It was approximately 10” to 12” out of the water but due to the water splashing as it moved, we could not make out exactly what it was. It was making a very noticeable wave/wake as it moved quickly. There were no boats anywhere nearby except ours, and we were stationary.  The only way to describe it was like a sub’s periscope sticking up and moving through the water. I looked for a tail whipping like a fish, but there was none.  It disappeared after moving approx 150 yards. I still tell people about it because it blew us away. We kept thinking.. is there a Nessy in Lake Barryessy? Maybe your photo explains it. Thanks for sharing!

• Haha 1