Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Italian foreign minister calls for formation of EU army

Unusual Tournament

I voted for Brexit.

I couldn`t care less about the pro-EU and anti-EU campaigns. As if my views were transient based on who I last listened to on the television. I have wanted Britain out of the EU for decades and boy did I party when we won.

The flawed thinking of the EU is that by all joining together a major war can be prevented. It ensures an even bigger war because a dictator at the helm of the block is going to be very powerful. What should have happened is Germany should have been broken into Bavaria, Saxony, and Prussia. When you make countries smaller you make them easier to beat in the future.

I cannot believe any self-respecting nation in the EU is happy about giving itself up. So many great peoples with great histories. What a shame. We know how it has come to this and that ever since the end of WW2 political forces of strength and independence have been silenced. Strong independent nation states has become a dirty phrase. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Destination Unknown said:

You start off by claiming that the arrogance is more on my side, and then go on to arrogantly claim that I am part of a gullible electorate just because they happen to have a different opinion to you about the EU and the direction it has taken. That's just sheer arrogance right there.

Where did I do that? You are the one who has been constantly making accusations of 'arrogance' against others for their opinion. I clearly stated that everyone is entitled to their opinion. That includes you. And I clearly said you are entitled to your vote. I am, of course, entitled to disagree with you. 

Well I'm sorry Ozy, just because they disagree with you, there's no need to accuse them of arrogance.

That is what I said, Read my post again.

As for the rest of your nonsense, I will address that (rip it to shreds) another time, because I have a busy rest of the day being gullible ahead of me. 🤦

Make sure you take me to task for what I actually said rather than tilting at windmills like Don Quixote.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

You can't blame Major for binding the UK to the terms of the Maastricht Treaty. UK sovereignty does not, and did not, lie with Major but with the UK parliament. The Maastricht Treaty was ratified by the sovereign UK parliament.

Errrm, yes I can blame Major for binding the UK to the terms of the Maastricht Treaty, because he was the one that railroaded it through Parliament by forcing MPs to either vote for it or he would call a General Election, which they knew they would lose. 👇👇👇👇

https://www.deseret.com/1993/7/24/19057643/major-claims-narrow-win-in-commons

It was only after parliament took its sovereign decision that anti-EU MPs started to look for a referendum on the issue and when they got it, they lied through their teeth to a gullible electorate to get what everyone now realises was a disastrous Brexit.

The 'sleight of facts and downright false statements' used by the Leave campaign to dupe turkeys into voting for Christmas.

I have never disputed that we were told outright lies in the run up to the referendum (name me one voting campaign that wasn't run on lies) - what I do dispute is the notion that it was only one side that did so. I'm still waiting for Osborne's "Emergency Budget" for example, (lies), or the immediate and prolonged recession that was supposed to happen just for merely voting to Leave the EU, (lies). How about Cameron's utterly ludicrous claim that ISIS would be cheering for Brexit for some unknown reason, (lies), or Cameron telling us all a mere week before the vote that no matter what he would be staying on as Prime Minister whatever the result of the referendum - all blatant lies from the Remain campaign. So did you believe all those blatant lies?

Given that both sides lied, it was up to the voters to decide whose porkies they least preferred, because in the end lies were told by both sides, not just the Leave side. Have you ever even considered that maybe if Remain hadn't blatantly lied through their teeth, even more would have voted to Leave the EU? 🤔

The point is that after a long campaign, where both sides got to make their case regarding membership of the EU, and refute the claims of the other side, there was a clear winner under the rules that both sides agreed to at the time. Essentially, with your sides great intellect and future seeing ability, your side abjectly failed to make a convincing case for the UK to stay part of the EU, and you can blame Cameron and Osborne for that. They spent all their time telling us how bad it would be if we leave the EU, they never spelt out what the future would be like if the UK had stayed in. They obviously had nothing positive to say about the EU, hence Project Fear. If the EU was such a good idea, they'd be trying to sell it to us, they wouldn't be bullying and threatening anyone who doesn't like it.

If you were trying to sell your car or your house, wouldn't you be highlighting the positive aspects of it to the potential buyer, instead of threatening them with how bad things would get for them if they didn't buy it? Equally, would you be stupid enough to buy off someone if they were threatening all the ills of the world would befall you if you didn't buy what they were selling? Of course not - So it's all your sides fault.!!

In 2016, the Remain campaign lost by a margin of 4%. And so it goes on.

Leave won by 52% to 48%, a 4% majority, but if you think the vote shouldn't stand because it wasn't enough of a majority for you then maybe you better tell the people of Wales they can't have their Assembly, which was created after a referendum held in 1997 voted in favour of it by 50.3% to 49.7%, a 0.6% majority. 👇👇👇👇

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Welsh_devolution_referendum

Also, in 1992 France held a referendum on ratification of The Maastricht Treaty, which was won by 50.8% against 49.2%, a 1.6% majority. So should France never have ratified The Maastricht Treaty either then? 🤔👇👇👇👇

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_French_Maastricht_Treaty_referendum

🤔

As Brexiteers you might have decided what you wanted, but is it what the majority want.

The 2016 referendum wasn't the only time Brexit was voted for by the people though was it. 🤦

. 2016: EU Referendum. Direct democracy. 52% voted in favour of leaving the EU.

. 2017: GE regional representation. 80% voted for the two Parties promising to honour the referendum result.

. 2019: EU MEP elections, PR using the D'Hondt system. The Brexit Party becomes the largest UK party in the EU.

. 2019: GE regional representation gives the only Party to promise to get Brexit done a landslide victory.

That's 4 different votes, counted three different ways, and every one in favour of Brexit. Get used to it!!

Edited by Destination Unknown

12 minutes ago, Destination Unknown said:

The 2016 referendum wasn't the only time Brexit was voted for by the people though was it.

. 2016: EU Referendum. Direct democracy. 52% voted in favour of leaving the EU.

. 2017: GE regional representation. 80% voted for the two Parties promising to honour the referendum result.

. 2019: EU MEP elections, PR using the D'Hondt system. The Brexit Party becomes the largest UK party in the EU.

. 2019: GE regional representation gives the only Party to promise to get Brexit done a landslide victory.

That's 4 different votes, counted three different ways, and every one in favour of Brexit. Get used to it!!

Oh, are we back to pretending general elections are voted for only on one issue?

How original.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Setton said:

Oh, are we back to pretending general elections are voted for only on one issue?

How original.

You know damn well the 2019 General Election was essentially a 2nd referendum, with all 3 main Parties either promising to get Brexit done (Conservative), negotiate a different deal with the EU and put that deal to a vote (Labour), and revoking Article 50 (Liberal unDemocrats) all taking centre stage in each of their manifesto's.

9 minutes ago, Destination Unknown said:

You know damn well the 2019 General Election was essentially a 2nd referendum, with all 3 main Parties either promising to get Brexit done (Conservative), negotiate a different deal with the EU and put that deal to a vote (Labour), and revoking Article 50 (Liberal unDemocrats) all taking centre stage in each of their manifesto's.

Along with a pile of other issues and party loyalty. But don't worry about that, I know your programming struggles with more than one issue at a time.

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

Along with a pile of other issues and party loyalty. But don't worry about that, I know your programming struggles with more than one issue at a time.

Yes, but each Party made the Brexit issue their main focus, in their manifesto's and their Election campaigns.

But don't worry about that, I know your programming struggles with more than one issue at a time.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Destination Unknown said:

Yes, but each Party made the Brexit issue their main focus, in their manifesto's and their Election campaigns.

But don't worry about that, I know your programming struggles with more than one issue at a time.

Oh no, he's stuck in circular reference. Someone call IT.

01000010 01101111 01110100

Edited by Setton

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Oh no, he's stuck in circular reference. Someone call IT.

01000010 01101111 01110100

Oh come off it Setton. You know as well as I do that if the LibDumbs, with their manifesto of revoking Article 50, had won the 2019 General Election with the same 80-seat majority as the Conservatives did, you would have been jumping up and down for joy gleefully sneering claiming that it was a total rejection of Brexit by the British people wouldn't you. And don't even bother to lie and tell me that you wouldn't, because we both know that you would.

Even the media billed the 2019 GE as being the Brexit election. 👇👇👇👇

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2019/10/31/here-comes-the-brexit-election

Kyiv Independent 

Donald Trump said at a meeting at the World Economic Forum in Davos in 2020 that if Europe was attacked, the U.S. would not come to its support, Politico reported on Jan. 10, citing European Commissioner for the Internal Market Thierry Breton.

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Kyiv Independent 

Donald Trump said at a meeting at the World Economic Forum in Davos in 2020 that if Europe was attacked, the U.S. would not come to its support, Politico reported on Jan. 10, citing European Commissioner for the Internal Market Thierry Breton.

In all fairness I don`t think Britain should either.

Why are we sending military aid to expand the Franco-Prussian empire into Ukraine? We aren`t even grabbing any of it for ourselves.

Edited by Electric Scooter

22 hours ago, Destination Unknown said:

Oh come off it Setton. You know as well as I do that if the LibDumbs, with their manifesto of revoking Article 50, had won the 2019 General Election with the same 80-seat majority as the Conservatives did, you would have been jumping up and down for joy gleefully sneering claiming that it was a total rejection of Brexit by the British people wouldn't you. And don't even bother to lie and tell me that you wouldn't, because we both know that you would.

Even the media billed the 2019 GE as being the Brexit election. 👇👇👇👇

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2019/10/31/here-comes-the-brexit-election

Well seeing as you've decided you can just speak for me, there's not much point having a debate with you, is there?

Enjoy talking to yourself some more. And for god's sake get some trolling practice in. This is just painful to watch.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Well seeing as you've decided you can just speak for me, there's not much point having a debate with you, is there?

Enjoy talking to yourself some more. And for god's sake get some trolling practice in. This is just painful to watch.

Oh, so you're trying to tell that if the LibDumbs had won the 2019 General Election with the same 80-seat majority as the Conservatives did that you wouldn't actually be claiming that it was a clear rejection of Brexit by the British people then? Yeah right.

Here's the LibDumbs 2019 General Election manifesto, and emblazoned right on the front page in huge capital letters are the words "STOP BREXIT".

Care to tell me again how the 2019 General Election wasn't a Brexit General Election then. 🤦

Liberal Democrats Manifesto 2019 👇👇👇👇

https://www.libdems.org.uk/fileadmin/groups/2_Federal_Party/Documents/From_NB/Stop_Brexit_and_Build_a_Brighter_Future_EASYREAD.pdf

And if you think that telling someone they're a troll and a bot just because they happen to have a different opinion to you about the EU and just happened to have voted opposite to you in a 2-choice vote is somehow "debating", then maybe it's just as well you won't be responding to my comments any more, because that was just painful to watch.

1 hour ago, Destination Unknown said:

Oh, so you're trying to tell that if the LibDumbs had won the 2019 General Election with the same 80-seat majority as the Conservatives did that you wouldn't actually be claiming that it was a clear rejection of Brexit by the British people then? Yeah right.

Here's the LibDumbs 2019 General Election manifesto, and emblazoned right on the front page in huge capital letters are the words "STOP BREXIT".

Care to tell me again how the 2019 General Election wasn't a Brexit General Election then. 🤦

Liberal Democrats Manifesto 2019 👇👇👇👇

https://www.libdems.org.uk/fileadmin/groups/2_Federal_Party/Documents/From_NB/Stop_Brexit_and_Build_a_Brighter_Future_EASYREAD.pdf

And if you think that telling someone they're a troll and a bot just because they happen to have a different opinion to you about the EU and just happened to have voted opposite to you in a 2-choice vote is somehow "debating", then maybe it's just as well you won't be responding to my comments any more, because that was just painful to watch.

Do they still have a party? Where are they? Where is their voice? Who even is there leader?

Even more funny how many centuries has it been since they last won an election? They`ll have to find a better looking candidate than one who radiates off poor personal hygiene with her manky teeth. One whose whole manifesto is not wholly based on lies and distortions. One who would not give up our nuclear weapons leaving us open to blackmail from powers like Russia.

Oh, Biden, you know when a leader constantly tells lies and distortions? They get massacred in elections. Not by their loyal followers but the middle ground. Those with no allegiance one way or the other. They hate corruption, good luck later this year!!!!