Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hydroxychloroquine could have caused 17,000 deaths during Covid, study finds

Abramelin

Kook medicine at its finest :tu:

Edited by zep73
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Conclusions

Although our estimates are limited by their imprecision, these findings illustrate the hazard of drug repurposing with low-level evidence.

The main objective of our study was to estimate the mortality attributed to compassionate use of HCQ in the context of COVID-19 before the publication of reliable randomised controlled trials (RCTs).

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S075333222301853X

"Hydroxychloroquine is a type of medicine called a disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug (DMARD). It works by blocking the effects of the chemicals released when your immune system attacks your body. It's used to treat inflammatory conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis (inflammation of joints in children) and lupus. It's also used to treat some other skin conditions including sarcoidosis, photosensitive skin disorders (where your skin reacts to sunlight), lichen planus and urticarial vasculitis.

Hydroxychloroquine reduces swelling (inflammation), pain and stiffness of joints, and can improve or clear up some rashes. It's sometimes used with another DMARD such as methotrexate or a short course of steroids to relieve pain.

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/hydroxychloroquine/about-hydroxychloroquine/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You can make your own by boiling up some lemmons and oranges, sounds deadly to me!

• Like 1

My neighbor down the street died from using that drug. Young guy to. No one thought it was that dangerous.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Edit to Conclusions: "Although our estimates are limited by their imprecision, our publishing of this study depends upon pretending we can infer a conclusion anyway."

• Like 4

14 hours ago, DayoOlabisi said:

Edit to Conclusions: "Although our estimates are limited by their imprecision, our publishing of this study depends upon pretending we can infer a conclusion anyway."

You're free to ignore what you don't like, of course.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:52 AM, Abramelin said:

You're free to ignore what you don't like, of course.

i didn't ignore it. i read it. quite the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2024 at 7:49 AM, DayoOlabisi said:

i didn't ignore it. i read it. quite the opposite.

We had a handful of people, mid thirties to early forties, not overweight if not in shape, one removed in social circles who dropped dead within two months of receiving COVID vaccines.  A terrible chapter of U.S. history, with people still defending their positions even with the benefit of hindsight.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Cho Jinn said:

We had a handful of people, mid thirties to early forties, not overweight if not in shape, one removed in social circles who dropped dead within two months of receiving COVID vaccines.  A terrible chapter of U.S. history, with people still defending their positions even with the benefit of hindsight.

i'm never certain of any causes but anecdotally i've never had a period of my life in which i've known more people (aged 20s-40s) die unexpectedly than in 2021-2023. whatever the cause, hopefully that doesn't continue into 2024.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 5:06 AM, Cho Jinn said:

So? Can you please explain how this unfortunately person's death was, directly or not, related to the vaccine?

Probably millions, who have take the vaccine, have died in the meantime, should the coroner place in the report "records show this individual to have been a cv19 vaccine taker, don't know if it's related just saying"

It may very well been vaccine related, but leave it to the scientific community to investigate and report back.

• Like 3

On 1/26/2024 at 4:06 PM, Cho Jinn said:

Agreed the herd just want mainstream news and not be spooked, (they get p***ed if spooked).

B)

On 1/26/2024 at 3:06 PM, Cho Jinn said:

Well I suppose it's a good thing that statistics don't reflect personal anecdotes isn't it. 

No evidence that people aged 25-44 experienced an 84% increase in excess mortality due to COVID vaccine rollout

Doesn't seem so scary in perspective. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, archm said:

Agreed the herd just want mainstream news and not be spooked, (they get p***ed if spooked).

Lol

That's just dumb. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 8:24 PM, archm said:

B)

It's interesting...if someone dies after getting the covid jab, well, they died from something else... but if they died after taking HXCQ, yep, it was the hydroxy chloroquine that killed them... bizarre...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Gummug said:

It's interesting...if someone dies after getting the covid jab, well, they died from something else... but if they died after taking HXCQ, yep, it was the hydroxy chloroquine that killed them... bizarre...

Completely not true. 

I'm not sure where you get this misinformation from. 

• Like 1

at the time, part of my job was processing obituary notices. There was a major increase in healthy people "unexpectedly" dropping dead.

What was worse was the sudden increase of teenage suicide. Those were difficult to process. Maybe people have forgotten or were unaware. Utterly tragic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Alex_Rogan said:

at the time, part of my job was processing obituary notices. There was a major increase in healthy people "unexpectedly" dropping dead.

I call BS. 

9 minutes ago, Alex_Rogan said:

What was worse was the sudden increase of teenage suicide. Those were difficult to process. Maybe people have forgotten or were unaware. Utterly tragic.

No suicide is easy to process.

Even before COVID-19 pandemic, youth suicide already at record high

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 5:14 PM, godnodog said:

It may very well been vaccine related, but leave it to the scientific community to investigate and report back.

Uh…which scientific community?  The one not publishing to VAERS, despite saying they would?  Those guys?  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cho Jinn said:

Uh…which scientific community?  The one not publishing to VAERS, despite saying they would?  Those guys?  

Probably not them.

20 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I call BS. 

You can call BS all you like. It doesn't change the fact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex_Rogan said:

You can call BS all you like. It doesn't change the fact.

I don't see any facts in your post 

Just a dodgy anecdote. 

29 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

No suicide is easy to process.

By "process" I mean - received information from the grieving, typesetting the obituary notice, and publishing it in the local newspaper.

Edited by Alex_Rogan

5 minutes ago, Alex_Rogan said:

By "process" I mean - received information from the grieving, typesetting the obituary notice, and publishing it in the local newspaper.

My point is those suicides were above averages before Covid. That challenges correlation right there. 

If you are processing these documents, how did you not pick that up? 

Edited by psyche101

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

My point is those suicides were above averages before Covid. That challenges correlation right there.

Ok. I understand what you are asserting.

I worked at the newspaper for over a decade before I began receiving a notices that used the phrase "died unexpectedly" and a significant increase in teenage suicides.

Take it however you wish.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked