Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dan Aykroyd recalls encounter with 'spectacular' UFO in Montreal


Recommended Posts

Interesting guy.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Montreal with a population of over 4 million people and no one else saw this??? Never mind something that size floating just outside a flipping high rise hotel. Doubtful is an understatement.
Me thinks that Mr. Aykroyd has a VERY over active imagination or he imbibes a lot of hit crystal skull vodka.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

Montreal with a population of over 4 million people and no one else saw this??? Never mind something that size floating just outside a flipping high rise hotel. Doubtful is an understatement.
Me thinks that Mr. Aykroyd has a VERY over active imagination or he imbibes a lot of hit crystal skull vodka.

Huh. I like to think I have a very good imagination, used to drink like a fish and took probably every rec drug known to man and yet have never seen a ghost or a UFO.

But I have always been open to both.

Just sayin'...

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2024 at 10:28 PM, esoteric_toad said:

Montreal with a population of over 4 million people and no one else saw this??? Never mind something that size floating just outside a flipping high rise hotel. Doubtful is an understatement.
Me thinks that Mr. Aykroyd has a VERY over active imagination or he imbibes a lot of hit crystal skull vodka.


That is a point to ponder, but how do you know there were no other people that saw the UFO? you don't.
The article does not give a date of the incident otherwise I'd try to run it down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2024 at 7:28 PM, esoteric_toad said:

Montreal with a population of over 4 million people and no one else saw this??? Never mind something that size floating just outside a flipping high rise hotel. Doubtful is an understatement.
Me thinks that Mr. Aykroyd has a VERY over active imagination or he imbibes a lot of hit crystal skull vodka.

He has repeatedly told this story over the past twenty years. He never explains how he determined its distance or its size or why he never told anyone about it for weeks. He also never gives a time or date (well, said "February" but that's not helpful), he never gives the name of the other witness, and he never ever says which hotel he was in which was obviously in densely populated downtown Montreal.

He has also claimed to have seen UFOs three other times which makes him one of the luckiest witnesses in UFOlogy. Or maybe he just sees things in the sky a lot.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, astrobeing said:

He has repeatedly told this story over the past twenty years.
 

Good possibility he saw it then. That would be a long lie to tell repeatedly for 20 years. 

11 hours ago, astrobeing said:

He never explains how he determined its distance or its size

So what? 

11 hours ago, astrobeing said:

or why he never told anyone about it for weeks.
 

How is that relevant? Maybe he wanted to think it through before he put his story out to people who would call him crazy. 

11 hours ago, astrobeing said:

He also never gives a time or date (well, said "February" but that's not helpful),

20 years is a long time. I don’t remember the exact date I had my sighting. I just know it was July, 94. 

11 hours ago, astrobeing said:

he never gives the name of the other witness, and he never ever says which hotel he was in which was obviously in densely populated downtown Montreal.

So he respects people’s privacy. A lot of people live in the area where I saw a ufo. I myself would have walked right under it and went inside never seeing it, if not for my neighbors already standing outside watching it. I had already walked for about 5 minutes without looking up to see it. 

11 hours ago, astrobeing said:

He has also claimed to have seen UFOs three other times which makes him one of the luckiest witnesses in UFOlogy. Or maybe he just sees things in the sky a lot.

I was one decision away from seeing two of them. Unfortunately I made the wrong decision. And was only able to hear about the first one from family members. 
 

Sure three is a lot, but certainly possible. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Good possibility he saw it then. That would be a long lie to tell repeatedly for 20 years.

There are people who have lived their entire lives on a lie. He's a talented actor.

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

How is that relevant? Maybe he wanted to think it through before he put his story out to people who would call him crazy. 

Oh, I'm sure he definitely thought a lot about it before it started telling people about it.

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

20 years is a long time. I don’t remember the exact date I had my sighting. I just know it was July, 94. 

Aykroyd has been into UFOs since the mid-1970s. If he had actually seen a UFO, it wouldn't have been a casual thing. He would have written down everything. If he hadn't seen a UFO then he would be vague about it... like he is now.

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

So he respects people’s privacy.

Or his friend never saw anything. Or doesn't exist.

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

 I myself would have walked right under it and went inside never seeing it, if not for my neighbors already standing outside watching it.

Yes, isn't it interesting that in populated areas people tend to see things when they're in the sky?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2024 at 8:28 PM, esoteric_toad said:

Montreal with a population of over 4 million people and no one else saw this??? Never mind something that size floating just outside a flipping high rise hotel. Doubtful is an understatement.
Me thinks that Mr. Aykroyd has a VERY over active imagination or he imbibes a lot of hit crystal skull vodka.

My sighting was in the middle of a city of almost 1 million. Never heard anyone say anything or any reports about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

My sighting was in the middle of a city of almost 1 million. Never heard anyone say anything or any reports about it.

Yeah, probably because people figured out what it actually was.

For some reason you think that Dan Aykroyd has stayed on the 23rd floor of so many hotels in Montreal that he can't even remember which hotel it was. Funny that he can remember it was the 23rd floor but can't remember which hotel or when he stayed there. That sure makes it hard to figure out what it was.

It sounds like Aykroyd wants it to remain a mystery.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

Yeah, probably because people figured out what it actually was.

For some reason you think that Dan Aykroyd has stayed on the 23rd floor of so many hotels in Montreal that he can't even remember which hotel it was. Funny that he can remember it was the 23rd floor but can't remember which hotel or when he stayed there. That sure makes it hard to figure out what it was.

It sounds like Aykroyd wants it to remain a mystery.

Or maybe he was imbibing in something illicit……just a thought 🤔

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2024 at 1:18 PM, astrobeing said:

There are people who have lived their entire lives on a lie. He's a talented actor.

why would he need to, he is a famous actor. 

On 1/26/2024 at 1:18 PM, astrobeing said:

Oh, I'm sure he definitely thought a lot about it before it started telling people about it.

As he should. He is a famous actor. 

On 1/26/2024 at 1:18 PM, astrobeing said:

Aykroyd has been into UFOs since the mid-1970s. If he had actually seen a UFO, it wouldn't have been a casual thing. He would have written down everything. If he hadn't seen a UFO then he would be vague about it... like he is now.

He’s been talking about it for 20 years. Doesn’t seem casual at all. 

On 1/26/2024 at 1:18 PM, astrobeing said:

Or his friend never saw anything. Or doesn't exist.

And if you were there, maybe your opinion would hold water. But you weren’t. Sounds like you are just judging him, hence the reason he kept other people out of it. Thanks for proving my point. 

On 1/26/2024 at 1:18 PM, astrobeing said:

Yes, isn't it interesting that in populated areas people tend to see things when they're in the sky?

Some things are more interesting than others. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2024 at 7:43 PM, astrobeing said:

Yeah, probably because people figured out what it actually was.

No one would or could.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2024 at 5:42 AM, preacherman76 said:

why would he need to, he is a famous actor.

For fifty years Aykroyd has loved UFOs and has been promoting extraterrestrial visitation.

On 1/28/2024 at 5:42 AM, preacherman76 said:

As he should. He is a famous actor.

Yes, surely a famous person would want to make sure there was no way to verify anything he said about his encounter. He doesn't want to end up like Jimmy Carter mistaking Venus for a UFO.

On 1/28/2024 at 5:42 AM, preacherman76 said:

He’s been talking about it for 20 years. Doesn’t seem casual at all.

Yet he refuses to say anything specific about the time or the place (other than the number of the floor of the hotel!) of the sighting. He's read enough UFO books to know that giving specifics is how hoaxes are revealed.

On 1/28/2024 at 5:42 AM, preacherman76 said:

And if you were there, maybe your opinion would hold water. But you weren’t. Sounds like you are just judging him, hence the reason he kept other people out of it. Thanks for proving my point.

I'm not judging him. I'm judging what he has said and what he hasn't said. That's how you separate the hoaxes from the interesting reports.

On 1/28/2024 at 5:42 AM, preacherman76 said:

Some things are more interesting than others. 

Yes, the things that people mistake for UFOs are very interesting. I've seen several of them in my life!

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

No one would or could.

How were you able to find everyone who saw it and talk to them?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, astrobeing said:

For fifty years Aykroyd has loved UFOs and has been promoting extraterrestrial visitation.

Got a link for that? I only see him talking about his experience. 

6 hours ago, astrobeing said:

Yes, surely a famous person would want to make sure there was no way to verify anything he said about his encounter. He doesn't want to end up like Jimmy Carter mistaking Venus for a UFO.

Yet he refuses to say anything specific about the time or the place (other than the number of the floor of the hotel!) of the sighting. He's read enough UFO books to know that giving specifics is how hoaxes are revealed.

I can’t find an interview where anyone ever asked him those specifics. Is he refusing to disclose, or was he never asked?

6 hours ago, astrobeing said:

I'm not judging him. I'm judging what he has said and what he hasn't said. That's how you separate the hoaxes from the interesting reports.

If what he said is even half true, that’s a hell of a sighting. 

6 hours ago, astrobeing said:

 


 

Yes, the things that people mistake for UFOs are very interesting. I've seen several of them in my life!

Indeed they are. Though he didn’t claim it was in the sky. He claimed it was 50 feet away from him. Bringing the difficulty of identification, or at least the possibility of misidentification way lower. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Got a link for that? I only see him talking about his experience. 

I did a real quick search and Mr. Aykroyd was talking about his beliefs in UFO/aliens since at least 2005. I will bet it went back MUCH further. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470994/

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

I did a real quick search and Mr. Aykroyd was talking about his beliefs in UFO/aliens since at least 2005. I will bet it went back MUCH further. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470994/

No one contests that he has been talking about it for a long time. I’m just curious when exactly he refused to give details about his experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2024 at 2:33 AM, preacherman76 said:

Got a link for that? I only see him talking about his experience.

I have books about Saturday Night Live that say he came up with the classic Coneheads sketch from reading about alien encounters in UFO books.

On 1/30/2024 at 2:33 AM, preacherman76 said:

I can’t find an interview where anyone ever asked him those specifics. Is he refusing to disclose, or was he never asked?

Yes, no one ever asks him for specifics because he's a celebrity on their show and they don't want to show him that his story is extremely weak. They always just change the subject.

On 1/30/2024 at 2:33 AM, preacherman76 said:

If what he said is even half true, that’s a hell of a sighting. 

No, actually it's a pretty typical vague description of seeing something.

On 1/30/2024 at 2:33 AM, preacherman76 said:

Indeed they are. Though he didn’t claim it was in the sky. He claimed it was 50 feet away from him. Bringing the difficulty of identification, or at least the possibility of misidentification way lower. 

He said he thought it was 50 feet away with no explanation as to how he made that calculation. We've seen how often these are wrong. Also the 23rd floors of buildings are pretty high up so you don't see much out of the window other than the sky and other buildings.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2024 at 5:33 AM, preacherman76 said:

Got a link for that? I only see him talking about his experience. 

I can’t find an interview where anyone ever asked him those specifics. Is he refusing to disclose, or was he never asked?

If what he said is even half true, that’s a hell of a sighting. 

Indeed they are. Though he didn’t claim it was in the sky. He claimed it was 50 feet away from him. Bringing the difficulty of identification, or at least the possibility of misidentification way lower. 

There are multiple interviews and video interviews on YouTube where Aykroyd himself makes the statements. It's not hard to find. 

Not a hell of a sighting. Just a good story. Nothing more.

Shocking that as he rolls out a new paranormal show on the (Not) History Channel, that he also decides to rattle off this bit of fantasy. Noooo, there's no way he would do anything to possibly gin up interest in his new show. No way at all. 🙄

 

This is just stupid.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2024 at 3:00 PM, Trelane said:

There are multiple interviews and video interviews on YouTube where Aykroyd himself makes the statements. It's not hard to find. 

Not a hell of a sighting. Just a good story. Nothing more.

Shocking that as he rolls out a new paranormal show on the (Not) History Channel, that he also decides to rattle off this bit of fantasy. Noooo, there's no way he would do anything to possibly gin up interest in his new show. No way at all. 🙄

 

This is just stupid.

Actually it is hard to find. If it wasn’t it would already be posted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Actually it is hard to find. If it wasn’t it would already be posted. 

That's completely untrue and disingenuous of you. All anyone has to do is search on YouTube for "Dan Aykroyd UFOs", and a slew of videos (some 10 years and older) can be found.

So, I guess you should get cracking and view them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Trelane said:

That's completely untrue and disingenuous of you. All anyone has to do is search on YouTube for "Dan Aykroyd UFOs", and a slew of videos (some 10 years and older) can be found.

So, I guess you should get cracking and view them.

It’s you folks making the claim. Put up or shut up.  You show me where he said he refused to give certain information. Or that he was asked the questions at all. 
 

Like I got nothing better to do than to chase false claims. It’s your claim, you “get cracking”. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

It’s you folks making the claim. Put up or shut up.  You show me where he said he refused to give certain information. Or that he was asked the questions at all. 
 

Like I got nothing better to do than to chase false claims. It’s your claim, you “get cracking”. 

😂 Simmer down fella, it's a very simple search on YouTube. Stop being so lazy and type 'Dan Aykroyd UFOs' on YT. Literally dozens of videos, 10 years and older, of him talking about UFOs.

Now it's funny you changed what you're claiming in this most recent statement of yours. You initially stated there were no videos of him talking about his experiences (not true). Now you gurgled something about refusing to provide information or some such (bolded). Strange.

Let's stay on topic with your initial claim. Mr. Aykroyd has been consistently talking about his alleged UFO sightings and interest for decades. It is all there for you to view. So yeah, time to get cracking pal.😎

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Trelane said:

😂 Simmer down fella, it's a very simple search on YouTube. Stop being so lazy and type 'Dan Aykroyd UFOs' on YT. Literally dozens of videos, 10 years and older, of him talking about UFOs.

Now it's funny you changed what you're claiming in this most recent statement of yours. You initially stated there were no videos of him talking about his experiences (not true). Now you gurgled something about refusing to provide information or some such (bolded). Strange.

Let's stay on topic with your initial claim. Mr. Aykroyd has been consistently talking about his alleged UFO sightings and interest for decades. It is all there for you to view. So yeah, time to get cracking pal.😎

I never said there wasn’t video interviews with him. Heck I’ve watched many of them over the years. You got some re-reading to do. 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.