Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dan Aykroyd recalls encounter with 'spectacular' UFO in Montreal

Interesting guy.
  • Like 2

Montreal with a population of over 4 million people and no one else saw this??? Never mind something that size floating just outside a flipping high rise hotel. Doubtful is an understatement.
Me thinks that Mr. Aykroyd has a VERY over active imagination or he imbibes a lot of hit crystal skull vodka.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

Montreal with a population of over 4 million people and no one else saw this??? Never mind something that size floating just outside a flipping high rise hotel. Doubtful is an understatement.
Me thinks that Mr. Aykroyd has a VERY over active imagination or he imbibes a lot of hit crystal skull vodka.

Huh. I like to think I have a very good imagination, used to drink like a fish and took probably every rec drug known to man and yet have never seen a ghost or a UFO.

But I have always been open to both.

Just sayin'...

• Like 4

On 1/23/2024 at 10:28 PM, esoteric_toad said:

That is a point to ponder, but how do you know there were no other people that saw the UFO? you don't.
The article does not give a date of the incident otherwise I'd try to run it down. 

On 1/23/2024 at 7:28 PM, esoteric_toad said:

He has repeatedly told this story over the past twenty years. He never explains how he determined its distance or its size or why he never told anyone about it for weeks. He also never gives a time or date (well, said "February" but that's not helpful), he never gives the name of the other witness, and he never ever says which hotel he was in which was obviously in densely populated downtown Montreal.

He has also claimed to have seen UFOs three other times which makes him one of the luckiest witnesses in UFOlogy. Or maybe he just sees things in the sky a lot.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, astrobeing said:

He has repeatedly told this story over the past twenty years.

Good possibility he saw it then. That would be a long lie to tell repeatedly for 20 years. 

He never explains how he determined its distance or its size

So what? 

or why he never told anyone about it for weeks.

How is that relevant? Maybe he wanted to think it through before he put his story out to people who would call him crazy. 

He also never gives a time or date (well, said "February" but that's not helpful),

20 years is a long time. I don’t remember the exact date I had my sighting. I just know it was July, 94. 

he never gives the name of the other witness, and he never ever says which hotel he was in which was obviously in densely populated downtown Montreal.

So he respects people’s privacy. A lot of people live in the area where I saw a ufo. I myself would have walked right under it and went inside never seeing it, if not for my neighbors already standing outside watching it. I had already walked for about 5 minutes without looking up to see it. 

He has also claimed to have seen UFOs three other times which makes him one of the luckiest witnesses in UFOlogy. Or maybe he just sees things in the sky a lot.

I was one decision away from seeing two of them. Unfortunately I made the wrong decision. And was only able to hear about the first one from family members. 

Sure three is a lot, but certainly possible. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Good possibility he saw it then. That would be a long lie to tell repeatedly for 20 years.

There are people who have lived their entire lives on a lie. He's a talented actor.

How is that relevant? Maybe he wanted to think it through before he put his story out to people who would call him crazy. 

Oh, I'm sure he definitely thought a lot about it before it started telling people about it.

20 years is a long time. I don’t remember the exact date I had my sighting. I just know it was July, 94. 

Aykroyd has been into UFOs since the mid-1970s. If he had actually seen a UFO, it wouldn't have been a casual thing. He would have written down everything. If he hadn't seen a UFO then he would be vague about it... like he is now.

So he respects people’s privacy.

Or his friend never saw anything. Or doesn't exist.

I myself would have walked right under it and went inside never seeing it, if not for my neighbors already standing outside watching it.

Yes, isn't it interesting that in populated areas people tend to see things when they're in the sky?

• Like 3

On 1/23/2024 at 8:28 PM, esoteric_toad said:

My sighting was in the middle of a city of almost 1 million. Never heard anyone say anything or any reports about it.

6 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

My sighting was in the middle of a city of almost 1 million. Never heard anyone say anything or any reports about it.

Yeah, probably because people figured out what it actually was.

For some reason you think that Dan Aykroyd has stayed on the 23rd floor of so many hotels in Montreal that he can't even remember which hotel it was. Funny that he can remember it was the 23rd floor but can't remember which hotel or when he stayed there. That sure makes it hard to figure out what it was.

It sounds like Aykroyd wants it to remain a mystery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

For some reason you think that Dan Aykroyd has stayed on the 23rd floor of so many hotels in Montreal that he can't even remember which hotel it was. Funny that he can remember it was the 23rd floor but can't remember which hotel or when he stayed there. That sure makes it hard to figure out what it was.

It sounds like Aykroyd wants it to remain a mystery.

Or maybe he was imbibing in something illicit……just a thought 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2024 at 1:18 PM, astrobeing said:

There are people who have lived their entire lives on a lie. He's a talented actor.

why would he need to, he is a famous actor. 

Oh, I'm sure he definitely thought a lot about it before it started telling people about it.

As he should. He is a famous actor. 

Aykroyd has been into UFOs since the mid-1970s. If he had actually seen a UFO, it wouldn't have been a casual thing. He would have written down everything. If he hadn't seen a UFO then he would be vague about it... like he is now.

He’s been talking about it for 20 years. Doesn’t seem casual at all. 

Or his friend never saw anything. Or doesn't exist.

And if you were there, maybe your opinion would hold water. But you weren’t. Sounds like you are just judging him, hence the reason he kept other people out of it. Thanks for proving my point. 

Yes, isn't it interesting that in populated areas people tend to see things when they're in the sky?

Some things are more interesting than others. 

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2024 at 7:43 PM, astrobeing said:

No one would or could.

• Haha 2

On 1/28/2024 at 5:42 AM, preacherman76 said:

why would he need to, he is a famous actor.

For fifty years Aykroyd has loved UFOs and has been promoting extraterrestrial visitation.

As he should. He is a famous actor.

Yes, surely a famous person would want to make sure there was no way to verify anything he said about his encounter. He doesn't want to end up like Jimmy Carter mistaking Venus for a UFO.

He’s been talking about it for 20 years. Doesn’t seem casual at all.

Yet he refuses to say anything specific about the time or the place (other than the number of the floor of the hotel!) of the sighting. He's read enough UFO books to know that giving specifics is how hoaxes are revealed.

And if you were there, maybe your opinion would hold water. But you weren’t. Sounds like you are just judging him, hence the reason he kept other people out of it. Thanks for proving my point.

I'm not judging him. I'm judging what he has said and what he hasn't said. That's how you separate the hoaxes from the interesting reports.

Some things are more interesting than others. 

Yes, the things that people mistake for UFOs are very interesting. I've seen several of them in my life!

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

No one would or could.

How were you able to find everyone who saw it and talk to them?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, astrobeing said:

For fifty years Aykroyd has loved UFOs and has been promoting extraterrestrial visitation.

Got a link for that? I only see him talking about his experience. 

Yes, surely a famous person would want to make sure there was no way to verify anything he said about his encounter. He doesn't want to end up like Jimmy Carter mistaking Venus for a UFO.

Yet he refuses to say anything specific about the time or the place (other than the number of the floor of the hotel!) of the sighting. He's read enough UFO books to know that giving specifics is how hoaxes are revealed.

I can’t find an interview where anyone ever asked him those specifics. Is he refusing to disclose, or was he never asked?

I'm not judging him. I'm judging what he has said and what he hasn't said. That's how you separate the hoaxes from the interesting reports.

If what he said is even half true, that’s a hell of a sighting. 

Yes, the things that people mistake for UFOs are very interesting. I've seen several of them in my life!

Indeed they are. Though he didn’t claim it was in the sky. He claimed it was 50 feet away from him. Bringing the difficulty of identification, or at least the possibility of misidentification way lower. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

I did a real quick search and Mr. Aykroyd was talking about his beliefs in UFO/aliens since at least 2005. I will bet it went back MUCH further. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470994/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

I did a real quick search and Mr. Aykroyd was talking about his beliefs in UFO/aliens since at least 2005. I will bet it went back MUCH further. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470994/

No one contests that he has been talking about it for a long time. I’m just curious when exactly he refused to give details about his experience. 

On 1/30/2024 at 2:33 AM, preacherman76 said:

I have books about Saturday Night Live that say he came up with the classic Coneheads sketch from reading about alien encounters in UFO books.

I can’t find an interview where anyone ever asked him those specifics. Is he refusing to disclose, or was he never asked?

Yes, no one ever asks him for specifics because he's a celebrity on their show and they don't want to show him that his story is extremely weak. They always just change the subject.

No, actually it's a pretty typical vague description of seeing something.

Indeed they are. Though he didn’t claim it was in the sky. He claimed it was 50 feet away from him. Bringing the difficulty of identification, or at least the possibility of misidentification way lower. 

He said he thought it was 50 feet away with no explanation as to how he made that calculation. We've seen how often these are wrong. Also the 23rd floors of buildings are pretty high up so you don't see much out of the window other than the sky and other buildings.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2024 at 5:33 AM, preacherman76 said:

There are multiple interviews and video interviews on YouTube where Aykroyd himself makes the statements. It's not hard to find. 

Not a hell of a sighting. Just a good story. Nothing more.

Shocking that as he rolls out a new paranormal show on the (Not) History Channel, that he also decides to rattle off this bit of fantasy. Noooo, there's no way he would do anything to possibly gin up interest in his new show. No way at all. 🙄

This is just stupid.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4

On 2/2/2024 at 3:00 PM, Trelane said:

There are multiple interviews and video interviews on YouTube where Aykroyd himself makes the statements. It's not hard to find. 

Not a hell of a sighting. Just a good story. Nothing more.

Shocking that as he rolls out a new paranormal show on the (Not) History Channel, that he also decides to rattle off this bit of fantasy. Noooo, there's no way he would do anything to possibly gin up interest in his new show. No way at all. 🙄

This is just stupid.

Actually it is hard to find. If it wasn’t it would already be posted. 

39 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Actually it is hard to find. If it wasn’t it would already be posted. 

That's completely untrue and disingenuous of you. All anyone has to do is search on YouTube for "Dan Aykroyd UFOs", and a slew of videos (some 10 years and older) can be found.

So, I guess you should get cracking and view them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Trelane said:

That's completely untrue and disingenuous of you. All anyone has to do is search on YouTube for "Dan Aykroyd UFOs", and a slew of videos (some 10 years and older) can be found.

So, I guess you should get cracking and view them.

It’s you folks making the claim. Put up or shut up.  You show me where he said he refused to give certain information. Or that he was asked the questions at all. 

Like I got nothing better to do than to chase false claims. It’s your claim, you “get cracking”. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

It’s you folks making the claim. Put up or shut up.  You show me where he said he refused to give certain information. Or that he was asked the questions at all. 

Like I got nothing better to do than to chase false claims. It’s your claim, you “get cracking”. 

😂 Simmer down fella, it's a very simple search on YouTube. Stop being so lazy and type 'Dan Aykroyd UFOs' on YT. Literally dozens of videos, 10 years and older, of him talking about UFOs.

Now it's funny you changed what you're claiming in this most recent statement of yours. You initially stated there were no videos of him talking about his experiences (not true). Now you gurgled something about refusing to provide information or some such (bolded). Strange.

Let's stay on topic with your initial claim. Mr. Aykroyd has been consistently talking about his alleged UFO sightings and interest for decades. It is all there for you to view. So yeah, time to get cracking pal.😎

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Trelane said:

😂 Simmer down fella, it's a very simple search on YouTube. Stop being so lazy and type 'Dan Aykroyd UFOs' on YT. Literally dozens of videos, 10 years and older, of him talking about UFOs.

Now it's funny you changed what you're claiming in this most recent statement of yours. You initially stated there were no videos of him talking about his experiences (not true). Now you gurgled something about refusing to provide information or some such (bolded). Strange.

Let's stay on topic with your initial claim. Mr. Aykroyd has been consistently talking about his alleged UFO sightings and interest for decades. It is all there for you to view. So yeah, time to get cracking pal.😎

I never said there wasn’t video interviews with him. Heck I’ve watched many of them over the years. You got some re-reading to do. 

• Confused 2