Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas is ignoring a SCOTUS ruling on its right to defend its citizens by controlling the border

and-then

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Civil disobedience such as not paying your taxes?  I'm just asking because I don't see what anyone can do short of moving to Mexico and abandoning their citizenship.

For me it is less about taxation than simply being unwilling to honor laws or rules emanating from DC.  No, I will not renounce my citizenship.  This is MY nation, also.  No one is running me out of it.  The way I see it, as such a movement gains momentum, DC's thugs WILL resort to making the same kind of examples out of average citizens as they did on 1/6 and when the numbers of those they incarcerate reaches a critical mass, they will only grow the resistance to their tyranny.  A government based on elections that are considered illegitimate is not a government at all.  It is a prison state.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, and-then said:

You people aren't stupid.  Eventually you'll understand that your beliefs do not compel others to believe the same. 

I totally agree with you.  I BELIEVE our system of government is basically good.  I BELIEVE corruption can be rooted out by  voters.  I BELIEVBE the 2020 election was fair.  I BELIEVE  Trump is incompetent and a traitor. 

I appreciate the fact that you put me at ease when I understood you.   I can't find fact or an argument that will change your beliefs. I don't have to second guess myself and wonder if I could make a more logical argument. So, I can relax.

I would not challenge your religious BELIEF, so now I  understand MAGA is more similar to a religious belief than a political party or opinion. 

BELIEF is a powerful thing.  It convinces  Hamas terrorists to kill babies and rape women,  so hey, compared to that belief that  the  election was stolen is pretty mild.  Bless you, you do you.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

If trump loses but you think he should have won what will you do?

On the flip side if Trump wins will the defenders of the voting system passively accept that result?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Texas needs to stand firm. Keep up the razor wire. The court said the feds can take it down but they didn't say Texas had to stop putting it up. Just seen a Fox news clip that Biden is giving Texas til tomorrow to remove the wire or face consequences. Are the feds going to have a shootout with the national guard? Is Biden willing to kill Americans in the name of illegals? Why can't the federal government get this border situation under control already? They must not want to. We have endless billions to give to Ukraine yet scarce resources for our own border. We don't owe the world free entry into our country. There are dozens of legal entry points to consider. Whats wrong with using those?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, and-then said:

For me it is less about taxation than simply being unwilling to honour laws or rules emanating from DC.  No, I will not renounce my citizenship.  This is MY nation, also.  No one is running me out of it.  The way I see it, as such a movement gains momentum, DC's thugs WILL resort to making the same kind of examples out of average citizens as they did on 1/6 and when the numbers of those they incarcerate reaches a critical mass, they will only grow the resistance to their tyranny.  A government based on elections that are considered illegitimate is not a government at all.  It is a prison state.

The current circumstances are a bit odd with the USA being the leader of NATO and the leading military power.

If it were anyone else (lets take Zimbabwe as an example) it would already have sanctions on it for not upholding democratic principles. There is no international punishment being applied onto the US due to Biden trying to lock up his political opponent and all the media propaganda. Even for people who think Biden won I hate to point it out but the media on its own prevented a free and fair election. Thats not democracy.

The Romans failed due to inflation, Britain failed due to inflation, the USSR failed due to inflation. Inflation is the killer, its the way of taking down the worlds leading power without fighting it. The USA is in danger, Russia and China will take it out using inflation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

Texas needs to stand firm. Keep up the razor wire. The court said the feds can take it down but they didn't say Texas had to stop putting it up. Just seen a Fox news clip that Biden is giving Texas til tomorrow to remove the wire or face consequences. Are the feds going to have a shootout with the national guard? Is Biden willing to kill Americans in the name of illegals? Why can't the federal government get this border situation under control already? They must not want to. We have endless billions to give to Ukraine yet scarce resources for our own border. We don't owe the world free entry into our country. There are dozens of legal entry points to consider. Whats wrong with using those?

Its not a serious enough disagreement for a succession, at least thats something.

Just an FYI.  Biden can take control of the Texas National Guard using Title 10.  Meaning he can mobilize them by putting them in federal duty status.  He could then send them to do hurricane relief in Minnesotta.

Of course, that would be exploiting the same cheesy type loopholes that Abbott is using,  But then again, he does seem to need to remind the Texans that they are Americans first and Texans second.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Civil disobedience such as not paying your taxes?  I'm just asking because I don't see what anyone can do short of moving to Mexico and abandoning their citizenship.

I'm not sure why you are specifying one single area.  My point is that ignoring DC is the protest.  I would pick and choose which laws to resist.  Paying taxes comes very far down the list as a place to make such a stand.  

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

But then again, he does seem to need to remind the Texans that they are Americans first and Texans second.

And Texas is reminding him that his actions on THEIR border is harming them and is arguably traitorous.  14 states have already stood up in support of Texas.  DC is out of control and headed for trouble.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Just an FYI.  Biden can take control of the Texas National Guard using Title 10.  Meaning he can mobilize them by putting them in federal duty status.  He could then send them to do hurricane relief in Minnesotta.

Of course, that would be exploiting the same cheesy type loopholes that Abbott is using,  But then again, he does seem to need to remind the Texans that they are Americans first and Texans second.

I think if DC starts pushing … Texans WILL start being “I’m a Texan, I just live in the United States” b3cause the6 seem t9 be the sort to thumb their noses at outside authority out of habit. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I think if DC starts pushing … Texans WILL start being “I’m a Texan, I just live in the United States” b3cause the6 seem t9 be the sort to thumb their noses at outside authority out of habit. 

Well, they were once a country unto themselves.  Don't overlook the battle lines being drawn.  14 more states have announced their support for Texas' moves.  This country is more divided than at any time since the 1860s.  I doubt DC would actually open fire on Texas troops if they refused to allow themselves to be activated as Federal troops but there is no guarantee and DC seems to be pushing as far as possible to neuter any resistance to their traitorous agenda.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

BELIEF is a powerful thing.  

Just curious... 

Do you belief a man can become a woman?  

🤣

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Just curious... 

Do you belief a man can become a woman?  

🤣

There is nothing beyond the power of BELIEF.  With belief there is no absolute truth or falsehood, no facts, only the alternative truth  you want it to be.. 

• Like 1

I believe the Supreme Court said the Feds have the right to park access, and to cut the razor wire to get to their duties.  They did not say Texas could not put up more wire after it is cut, and they did    Even Abbott says it will go back to court.  So maybe he is not as defiant as he pretends.

Is this another distraction from Trump's call for open borders?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, and-then said:

That will be my last federal vote.  I will look for like-minded patriots who want to save what's left of our freedom by peaceful civil disobedience.  I will refuse obedience to DC, whatever that costs me.  

But expecting evidence to back up your claims is the toddler throwing a tantrum 🙄

• Like 3

7 hours ago, F3SS said:

Is Biden willing to kill Americans in the name of illegals?

Won't be the first time the US has had to kill traitors in the south now would it?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Won't be the first time the US has had to kill traitors in the south now would it?

Traitors? You are aware it’s against the law to open the boarder to any and all who would just walk across right? The only traitor here is Biden. Complete dereliction of duty at minimum. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Traitors? You are aware it’s against the law to open the boarder to any and all who would just walk across right? The only traitor here is Biden. Complete dereliction of duty at minimum. 

Do you like boarders or borders?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Do you like boarders or borders?

I like on topic discussions 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Is this another distraction from Trump's call for open borders?

Doesn’t that have something to do with a bill that ties dormer security with funding Ukraine war?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yes, yes. I'm sure the confederate traitors didn't think they were either.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Setton said:

Show it then. Like everyone else who shares your delusion has failed to do.

i don't think you understand what i'm saying. go look at any election that undergoes a recount or goes to court. the initial vote totals almost always change to some degree, whether by arriving at a different total when recounting or by legal means determining the number of eligible votes that are valid. these are our two best methods at "auditing" and "verifying" elections. and these very methods prove that either the initial count is inaccurate/unreliable/susceptible to human influence or that the methods to verify them are inaccurate/unreliable/susceptible to human influence (or both). too much human error and influence. we have technology that can help us. we will never convince everyone, but the current methods are not sufficient given we have the ability to improve.

also, maybe cool it with the delusion talk when you don't even understand my point.

Edited by DayoOlabisi
  • Like 2

Texas should keep putting up what they need to to slow down and deter the criminals from crossing into Texas.  biden is too busy working on his railroad across the Pacific.

• Like 1

• Like 2