Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas is ignoring a SCOTUS ruling on its right to defend its citizens by controlling the border

and-then

14 hours ago, WVK said:

On the flip side if Trump wins will the defenders of the voting system passively accept that result?

Of course they will.  Haven't you heard them all saying that you must accept the results for a democracy to function? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

just another example of biden proving he is an idiot.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DayoOlabisi said:

i don't think you understand what i'm saying. go look at any election that undergoes a recount or goes to court. the initial vote totals almost always change to some degree, whether by arriving at a different total when recounting or by legal means determining the number of eligible votes that are valid. these are our two best methods at "auditing" and "verifying" elections. and these very methods prove that either the initial count is inaccurate/unreliable/susceptible to human influence or that the methods to verify them are inaccurate/unreliable/susceptible to human influence (or both). too much human error and influence. we have technology that can help us. we will never convince everyone, but the current methods are not sufficient given we have the ability to improve.

also, maybe cool it with the delusion talk when you don't even understand my point.

Small irregularities occur in any election. They are not grounds to throw out an election your candidate lost badly.

As for delusion, you've been very clear about your own previously. And you're clearly trying to make an illogical leap from tiny irregularities that have no impact on the result to questioning the entire system just because you lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

just another example of biden proving he is an idiot.

I think it's more that he's corruptible and compromised and willing to shift stances based on political headwinds.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I think it's more that he's corruptible and compromised and willing to shift stances based on political headwinds.

I agree, but it is an idiot that would do such things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree, but it is an idiot that would do such things.

It is a spineless person with a lack of integrity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zebra3 said:

At some point, Democrats moved further left.  It is hilarious because if you listen to the typical NPC progressive, they will swear up and down that Republicans have moved further right.  Of course, this is not the case.  If anything, Republicans have become far more liberal, particularly on social issues whereas the left has continued to take more radical positions.

Remember, Democrats were against gay marriage and illegal immigration back then.  They figured out that illegals might be a voting block and thus changed their stance.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Small irregularities occur in any election. They are not grounds to throw out an election your candidate lost badly.

As for delusion, you've been very clear about your own previously. And you're clearly trying to make an illogical leap from tiny irregularities that have no impact on the result to questioning the entire system just because you lost.

once again you are assuming things. care to ask me about the 2020 election? please do.

i have not advocated throwing out an election because a candidate i liked lost (all of my preferred candidates always lose). you clearly think you're talking to a fellow tribalist. i'm advocating for a neutral upgrade to our voting systems. i'm not sure you're capable of that discussion.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Traitors? You are aware it’s against the law to open the boarder to any and all who would just walk across right? The only traitor here is Biden. Complete dereliction of duty at minimum. 

It is really hard to argue that just anybody can walk across when this report is published by the House Republican Committee investigating border security.

https://homeland.house.gov/2023/10/26/factsheet-final-fy23-numbers-show-worst-year-at-americas-borders-ever/

The annual numbers proved just as catastrophic. In FY23, CBP recorded more than 2.4 million encounters at the Southwest border and more than 3.2 million encounters nationwide. Just this fiscal year, 169 individuals on the terrorist watchlist were apprehended attempting to enter the country illegally.

So if you catch 2,4 million people and 169 are on the terrorist watch list in one year, not everybody is free to walk across.

Yes Biden is failing, he knows it, and he has asked Congress for help.  Republicans had the power hand to negotiate what they want. But now Trump wants to continue this for another year to use it as an issue in the election.  How many people will die in the next nine months so he can look good in 2024?  How many US citizens will die from fentanyl because of Trump this year?  If your family is killed in a terrorist attack this year will Trump use their picture on a campaign poster.?

Somebody that was both smart and loved America would encourage his party to pass the legislation and then use it to say Biden could not have done it without my help.  And he would have been right. Of course this policy cold fail to do the job too. 

How would you feel about Democrats if they block all of Trump's efforts to secure the border?  That is how I feel today about Trump and Republicans. Traitors, sold out for personal power.

• Like 1

They caught 169. How many didn't they catch? That's the real issue. There is no defense for this atrocity at the border. Find a way to make it happen and funnel everybody into official checkpoints. Don't tell me it's about money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its about time Texas sent the national guards in to protect our borders :)

Mexico is sending their mentally ill , criminals, terrorists and drug cartels people into our countey '(  we got to stop them all 

• Like 2

We should also put up electrical fences at the borders  👀 except the cars ")

Average Cost To Install An Electric Fence – Forbes Home

19 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

The Lone Star State is fighting multiple legal battles with the federal government amid the migrant invasion at the southern border

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border-battle-lines-dems-biden-seize-control-texas-national-guard-gop-allies-back-abbott

The Lone Star State is taking instructions from the great orange man by turning illegal immigration into the election issue. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

The Lone Star State is taking instructions from the great orange man by turning illegal immigration into the election issue. 

No it's an issue that just happens to fall in an election year. Biden exacerbated the issue on his first day in office.

• Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

Its not a serious enough disagreement for a succession, at least thats something.

That depends entirely upon how far DC is willing to go to enforce their demands for a totally open border.  We are being INVADED and states have a right to defend themselves.  Truth to tell, the states should have resorted to armed force earlier.  Force against the invaders only, unless DC orders Federal troops to fire on State troops.  Nothing would surprise me at this point.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

no its for our protection for the invasion of our country 

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Edumakated said:

Remember, Democrats were against gay marriage and illegal immigration back then.

Yep... JFK would be considered a Far Right loon by them today.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I like on topic discussions 

Then why are talking about boarders?

The discussion is about borders.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

No it's an issue that just happens to fall in an election year. Biden exacerbated the issue on his first day in office.

lol. Mate I’ve done some reading on this, so let me know if I’m on the right track.

It seems to me Trump is trying to kill a bipartisan agreement that would provide more funding for border security and humanitarian aid, as well as support for Ukraine by going it alone and politicising illegals entering Texas for election juice.

Did I get that right?

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

no its for our protection for the invasion of our country 

Yes, our prayers are with you 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2