Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Call for UK to introduce conscription

pellinore

Just to point out, they don`t have the prison space to lock up those who refuse.

14 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

Just to point out, they don`t have the prison space to lock up those who refuse.

Yes & as he says in the video, why would you fight for politicians that despise you? We have tons of fighting age new arrivals...ask them to volunteer & see how British they really want to be.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

You can always send them to Australia. It worked before. :devil:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

You can always send them to Australia. It worked before. :devil:

Nice, sunny Australia, sign me up!

Just now, Electric Scooter said:

Nice, sunny Australia, sign me up!

Everything down there wants to kill you. 

Australia.jpg.f2a6aab0609da58b66459fdf17b14525.jpg

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Everything down there wants to kill you. 

Australia.jpg.f2a6aab0609da58b66459fdf17b14525.jpg

Kangaroo burgers!

• Like 1

I'm planning to visit Moscow later this year, flying from London to Russia via Istanbul.  It would be ironic if I tried to avoid national service in Britain, and ended up being conscripted into the Russian army by mistake.  "Just sign here comrade and you can return to Britain.......when we invade." ✍️😧

15 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

I'm planning to visit Moscow later this year, flying from London to Russia via Istanbul.  It would be ironic if I tried to avoid national service in Britain, and ended up being conscripted into the Russian army by mistake.  "Just sign here comrade and you can return to Britain.......when we invade." ✍️😧

Dont go if you have a degree, you`ll get arrested for spying.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

Dont go if you have a degree, you`ll get arrested for spying.

This guy convinced me to go with a very convincing letter of approval.  😄

29 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

This guy convinced me to go with a very convincing letter of approval.  😄

If you go just be mindful you will be monitored in the hotel and followed around.

That happens there even during peacetime when someone from the west arrives. It will be obvious too, they stand out in their suits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Electric Scooter said:

If you go just be mindful you will be monitored in the hotel and followed around.

That happens there even during peacetime when someone from the west arrives. It will be obvious too, they stand out in their suits.

Thanks.  I have been told that they sometimes ask for your phone and install an app that monitors search history, affiliations and live tracking movements to ensure that visitors do not approach and photograph restricted areas.  Although this could be western propaganda.  I'm sure that Russian visitors travelling to the UK are led to believe the same thing about us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TigerBright19 said:

Be very careful going to Russia at the moment. Your travel insurance will likely be void given current FCDO advice and there's a genuine risk of Russia using British citizens for leverage over Ukraine. 

I'd strongly recommend you rethink your plans.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Setton said:

Be very careful going to Russia at the moment. Your travel insurance will likely be void given current FCDO advice and there's a genuine risk of Russia using British citizens for leverage over Ukraine. 

I'd strongly recommend you rethink your plans.

Agreed, its foolish to go to Russia.

If they pick him they`ll charge him, he`ll confess, they`ll lock him up, and he won`t get to return home for several years under a prisoner swap deal. Don`t do it!

1 hour ago, Electric Scooter said:

Agreed, its foolish to go to Russia.

If they pick him they`ll charge him, he`ll confess, they`ll lock him up, and he won`t get to return home for several years under a prisoner swap deal. Don`t do it!

I've been told that it is safe to visit and that tourism is still popular with the other nations that have not boycotted Russia, although it will be inconvenient when shopping as Russia no longer accepts UK and US debit/credit cards and visitors have to bring cash or setup a bank account in Russia.

This guy gave some travel advice in 2023.

Edited by TigerBright19

2 hours ago, TigerBright19 said:

I've been told that it is safe to visit and that tourism is still popular with the other nations that have not boycotted Russia,

But your nation has sanctioned Russia. That makes you a valuable target to exert pressure on the UK government. This is a dangerous plan. Go and visit Russia when the war is over. It's not worth your freedom.

A YouTuber is really not the kind of source you want to pin your safety on. Read this first:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/russia

I know I'm just an anonymous person on the internet but if you'll take my advice, do not travel to Russia at the moment. Your opinion on the war will not matter in the slightest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TigerBright19 said:

I've been told that it is safe to visit and that tourism is still popular with the other nations that have not boycotted Russia, although it will be inconvenient when shopping as Russia no longer accepts UK and US debit/credit cards and visitors have to bring cash or setup a bank account in Russia.

The best bit of advice I can give is to use your virus protection VPN to have a look at some Russian News sites.

The country they blame the most for Ukraine is Britain, and they obsess about nuking us on their TV. Its not good. I would also ignore what you find on YouTube and look at our nations travel advice which says not to go to Russia: Russia travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 4:56 PM, L.A.T.1961 said:

It would be interesting if this idea went onto the manifesto of a political party before the next election. Its more likely to be supported by the Tories but would Labour and others come out against or try and ignore the idea?

I would say the idea works even without the threat of conflict and need for a bigger armed forces.

They would be more trouble than the worth of it.

50 minutes ago, Setton said:

I know I'm just an anonymous person on the internet but if you'll take my advice, do not travel to Russia at the moment. Your opinion on the war will not matter in the slightest.

Thanks.  I am still weighing the pros and cons.  I lived in Northern Ireland during the Troubles and my family very frequently visited Israel during several conflicts.  I know it is strange, but I sometimes get the urge to be in places that are usually deemed unsafe.  Could be an impulse since childhood.  I used to play in dangerous places e.g.  the middle of a construction site, an abandoned old building with drunks inside.  As I grew older I would climb dangerous hill sides using the most dangerous route to climb up, and nowadays I casually walk through streets that are reportedly unsafe at night.

At work a colleague told me he knows a group of guys who call themselves risk seekers and they go on adventure holidays to the most dangerous places on Earth.  I guess some people get a thrill to roll the dice and play the odds.  Daft I know, but the impulse to join a package tour of Moscow in 2024 has been in my to do list for many years.  The alternative is to visit Egypt.

10 minutes ago, pellinore said:

They would be more trouble than the worth of it.

Would conscription be a short temporary solution, or a long-term strategic plan lasting decades?

....in principle but not practical

23 hours ago, TigerBright19 said:

Thanks.  I have been told that they sometimes ask for your phone and install an app that monitors search history, affiliations and live tracking movements to ensure that visitors do not approach and photograph restricted areas.  Although this could be western propaganda.  I'm sure that Russian visitors travelling to the UK are led to believe the same thing about us.

Fred Warmbier had a difficult time in a communist country: US student released from N. Korea with ‘extensive brain damage’ (france24.com)

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, pellinore said:

Fred Warmbier had a difficult time in a communist country: US student released from N. Korea with ‘extensive brain damage’ (france24.com)

I see N. Korean has had mandatory conscription for a very long time.  Perhaps western intervention is the reason so many have to keep it up.

Edited by Saru
Replaced huge table with link - please always source material copied from other websites.

On 1/24/2024 at 11:38 AM, ouija ouija said:

' Call for UK to introduce conscription '

:lol: Good Luck with that!

Would you join up? It's always the oldies waving the flags from their windows that welcome war. Rudyard Kipling wrote after the death of his only son in WW1:

"If any question why we died, tell them: because our fathers lied".

Edited by pellinore

1 hour ago, TigerBright19 said:

Thanks.  I am still weighing the pros and cons.  I lived in Northern Ireland during the Troubles and my family very frequently visited Israel during several conflicts.  I know it is strange, but I sometimes get the urge to be in places that are usually deemed unsafe.  Could be an impulse since childhood.  I used to play in dangerous places e.g.  the middle of a construction site, an abandoned old building with drunks inside.  As I grew older I would climb dangerous hill sides using the most dangerous route to climb up, and nowadays I casually walk through streets that are reportedly unsafe at night.

At work a colleague told me he knows a group of guys who call themselves risk seekers and they go on adventure holidays to the most dangerous places on Earth.  I guess some people get a thrill to roll the dice and play the odds.  Daft I know, but the impulse to join a package tour of Moscow in 2024 has been in my to do list for many years.  The alternative is to visit Egypt.

There's a big difference between going to somewhere where there's a chance you'd be in danger/wrong place, wrong time kind of thing and going to a place where someone will actively seek to do you, as an individual, harm. 

Go to Egypt, much better choice.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

Would you join up? It's always the oldies waving the flags from their windows that welcome war. Rudyard Kipling wrote after the death of his only son in WW1:

If the call up was for a good cause.  Although I turn 40 later this year, but I'm told I look much younger.  Only health problem is ever since I had covid and the three jabs my breathing and immune system has never been the same.

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

Sure, they`ve spent 80 years ruining our country and now they want us to fight for it.

Not going to happen.

• Thanks 1