Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eerie figure in runner's Hawaii footage sparks 'nightmarcher' rumors

UM-Bot

The fact that the video ends at the point it does is a bit fishy. Looks like someone walking into the video. Color is off a bit but digital cameras can do that.

or it is some weird extradimensional ghost from beyond. Which is more likely?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you look really closely at this, on the left shoulder (their right) you can just make out a blue shoulder strap with white edges. Also he/she seems to have a scarf of some kind draped around the neck and from the stature I’d say this is a woman and it looks like she has her hair tied up in a bun.

• Like 1

So a person that looks like a person walking the way a person would walk is now supernatural!???! 

Also, "too early for tourists", errr, who so? When I was off travelling the world I'd sometimes be up and out as soon as the sun was out, so out hiking and exploring at 4am etc. There is no designated 'tourist time' out in forests and jungles etc. 

• Like 3

These "ghost" videos get dumber and dumber. Soon we will be getting straight-up yearbook portrait photos of people with claims of "this person never went to my school, OMG GHOST IN MY YEARBOOK". Worst part is certain idiots will lap it up.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I don't believe in ghosts or demons or whatever, but I also don't think this is a hoax. I'm sure it's just a case of a real person walking through the woods, while the camera filming the person just happens to muddle them up, making them appear otherworldly.

... But then again, it does look exactly like a zombie from The Video Dead. If I were to go into those woods, I'd carry a mirror on me just to be safe.

How many people reading this will get the
  • Like 2

It's a BigFoot. 

can't you tell by how clear the image is? 

19 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

The fact that the video ends at the point it does is a bit fishy. Looks like someone walking into the video. Color is off a bit but digital cameras can do that.

or it is some weird extradimensional ghost from beyond. Which is more likely?

It wasn't a vid.

The strangeness began when, upon returning home, her pacing partner Cassie sent a number of photographs taken during the race out to her friends and family.

It wasn't long before one of them noticed something unusual in one of the pictures.

Edited by Hankenhunter

6 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

It wasn't a vid.

The strangeness began when, upon returning home, her pacing partner Cassie sent a number of photographs taken during the race out to her friends and family.

It wasn't long before one of them noticed something unusual in one of the pictures.

My bad, I guess when I watched that clip where it zoomed in I thought it was a short video. Still sticking by the fact that it simply appears to be a person and not a spooky spirit/ghost.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 1:14 AM, Hankenhunter said:

It wasn't a vid.

Whoever wrote the article is an idiot, because there is a video of it in the article itself, check for yourself. If it's not a video, it's 15-20 stills taken at video speed with the same camera all strung together where you can see the forest guy walking up, which essentially makes it - a video. Maybe there are separate pictures as well, but why would there be when there is already video taken from that exact viewpoint?

The main picture doesn't even match the end of the video, there's some hanky-panky going on with all this. Somebody is lying and/or omitting details, cut the end part of the video, maybe even doctored up the main still to make it look more "spooky". Nothing about the article or story makes any sense.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I hadn't heard of the nightmarcher myth before, so at least I got a new myth out of the article. One to add to my list of cultural legends.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 12:21 PM, C L Palmer said:

I hadn't heard of the nightmarcher myth before, so at least I got a new myth out of the article. One to add to my list of cultural legends.

No you didn't the article is BS. The Night Marchers aren't evil. They are the spirits of Hawaiian warriors who rise up on certain sacred nights and march in groups to battlefields or religious sites and if you stand aside they won't bother you. They don't wander aimlessly or travel alone. 

I explained it in detail in another thread in the Crypto subforum about the same stupid picture. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

a Nightmarcher......in the middle of the day......interesting

Edited by sludgehammer
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Typical sloppy back story, they can not rule out it was a person unless they know it was a hoax,

Runner fails race cooks up story to swing spotlight, done.

• Like 1

"Eerie figure in runner's Hawaii footage sparks 'nightmarcher' rumors "

It wasn't me!!! You can't prove it!!!!🥸

• Haha 3

Papameter Reading

60% Paranormal       40% Normal

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter Reading

I am neither para nor regular normal. I cannot be categorized!!!!!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter Reading

Drop bear, you know how we don't have any good pics of Bigfoot or UFOs or anything like that?

Well I was thinking about something even more rare so do you happen to have a screen shot where you didn't lean paranormal on your silly meter?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank god we have the idiot meter reading now. We were left in suspense for MONTHS in this old ass thread.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/29/2024 at 2:19 PM, Trelane said:

I am neither para nor regular normal. I cannot be categorized!!!!!

So quasi-normal???

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So quasi-normal???

ABnormal :tu:

Whatever the 'norm' is...I am not that.  The majority is normal.  We are not that either.

• Haha 2

It is blurry stuff.

I am pretty sure that it isn't a bottle of ketchup.

On 5/31/2024 at 8:43 AM, XenoFish said:

So quasi-normal???

On 5/31/2024 at 11:55 PM, joc said:

ABnormal :tu:

Whatever the 'norm' is...I am not that.  The majority is normal.  We are not that either.

I'll accept either.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1