Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toledo Police shoot two dogs attacking woman?

docyabut2

It was not reporterd what the dogs were?  but I m guessing they were pit bulls . 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

It was not reporterd what the dogs were?  but I m guessing they were pit bulls . 

We’re they black?

• Haha 1

Maybe she had Milk bones in her pockets.

There are no dangerous breeds of dogs, just dangerous owners that turn dogs dangerous.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

There are no dangerous breeds of dogs, just dangerous owners that turn dogs dangerous.

A friend of mine has a pit bull that is a big baby.  He once gave a burglar a guided tour.  Didn't even try to stop him.

Doug

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I would agree with this assessment of pit bulls.  But I think there are a few breeds of dogs bred especially for some aggressiveness.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Liberal Democrats in Furry suits?

• Haha 2

I read four people in Toledo have died from pit breed attacks in the last three years.

TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - Officers with the Toledo Police Department were called to the 3300 block of Douglas Road Wednesday for a disorder call.

In police body camera footage, the woman can be heard screaming to officers to shoot her dog.

Police forced the front door of the location because the 34-year-old woman was being attacked by her two dogs. Once inside officers shot both dogs and rescued the woman. She was transported to a hospital, but her condition is unknown.

8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Why are we blaming pit bulls before we even know what they were? 

It’s why I had to stop going to the dog park. Last few times other dogs became aggressive towards my dog. 

Before my dog had to defend itself, I chose to stop going. I knew it would be my fault no matter what happened. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - Officers with the Toledo Police Department were called to the 3300 block of Douglas Road Wednesday for a disorder call.

In police body camera footage, the woman can be heard screaming to officers to shoot her dog.

Police forced the front door of the location because the 34-year-old woman was being attacked by her two dogs. Once inside officers shot both dogs and rescued the woman. She was transported to a hospital, but her condition is unknown.

Good for them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That's a different dog encounter.

Hrrm, yes. Sorry. Was reading on Reddit that it was a Pitbull and just grabbed a random link. Crikey, there a few of these incidents. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The breed that is most likely to be involved in a fatal attack is pit bulls.

Pit bulls are both more likely to be involved in bite incidents and more likely to cause serious injury or death when a bite does occur. In fact, from 1979 to 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention determined pit bulls were involved in the most fatal dog attacks, accounting for 28% deaths due to dog bites during that same time period.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/legal/dog-attack-statistics-breed/#dog_attack_statistics_by_breed_section

• Like 1

6 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Pit bulls are both more likely to be involved in bite incidents and more likely to cause serious injury or death when a bite does occur. In fact, from 1979 to 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention determined pit bulls were involved in the most fatal dog attacks, accounting for 28% deaths due to dog bites during that same time period.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/legal/dog-attack-statistics-breed/#dog_attack_statistics_by_breed_section

Mostly because they have strong jaws.  If a toddler steps on the foot of a small dog, they will get a little bite, do it to a Pit Bull and they will be ripped apart.

6 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

It is because Pitbulls are popular dogs, particularly among certain demographics that tend to exhibit social and criminal dysfunction.  Not only that, most dogs are misidentified as "pitbulls".   There are multiple variations of pitbull like dogs and many are really just poorly bred mutts.  Ghetto breeders breed them for monstrous size and aggression.  

Pitbulls used to be the most popular breed back in the day.  There were known as "nanny dogs" because they were so loyal to their family and great with children.  They are very easy to train and have a very easy going disposition.  Petey from Lil Rascals was a pitbull.  They were used in the military.  Spuds McKenzie is a bull terrier, a similar dog.