Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Flower Fairy' Makes Deliveries in Wash.

__Kratos__

ANDERSON ISLAND, Wash. - A "flower fairy" is making deliveries all over this small island southwest of Tacoma. Someone has been dropping off flower bouquets or potted plants for the past several weeks.

Residents who've received the deliveries said they will hear a knock late at night and answer the door to find the floral gift and a handwritten note saying, "Hope these make you smile." The notes are signed, "Love, the Flower Fairy." The handwriting appears to be feminine.

No one has seen the person delivering the gifts or has admitted knowing who the person is.

The fairy also makes daytime deliveries, dropping off flowers at the community church during morning service last Sunday. Anderson Island Fire Chief Jim Bixler said he received some flowers, and the person did it without activating his motion-detector lights.

"It was so cool," Betsey Rodgers told The News Tribune. "It was such a sweet gesture."

Not everyone is thrilled. Debbie Lowe of the Anderson Island Citizens Advisory Committee said some elderly women have called her, spooked by the late-night knocks on the door or upset with someone trespassing on their property.

Source

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A nice thing for this person to do.

Not everyone is thrilled. Debbie Lowe of the Anderson Island Citizens Advisory Committee said some elderly women have called her, spooked by the late-night knocks on the door or upset with someone trespassing on their property.

O jeez... there is always someone that can't just be happy.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wonder Woman

• star_child

• Scorpio_71

• henpeck69

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that is very sweet for someone to be doing that, but I can understand some people being scared of the late night knock on the door. I live by myself and I can assure you I would be scared if someone knocked on my door late at night.

Yes, that is very sweet for someone to be doing that, but I can understand some people being scared of the late night knock on the door. I live by myself and I can assure you I would be scared if someone knocked on my door late at night.

551549[/snapback]

its becuase you live in Australia..... Kangaroo's dont carry big knifes or handguns.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

No we dont have Kangaroos jumping around the streets in Australia, they live in the outback or bush, not suburbia! I am scared of murderers, rapist and drug addicts trying to break in, not wildlife!

Wow, happy April Fools day, right?

Nice gesture but I can understand some people being spooked by late night knocks on the door. The flower fairy needs to deliver during the day if at all possible.