Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fury as 40 asylum seekers on Bibby Stockholm 'convert to Christianity'

pellinore

Tories sounded the alarm today amid claims 40 asylum seekers on the Bibby Stockholm have converted to Christianity.

Around a seventh of the 300 people housed on the barge on the coast of Dorset are said to be changing their religion.

The striking figures fuelled concerns that conversion is being used as a tactic to boost chances of being allowed to stay in the UK. Human rights rules prevent the government deporting individuals to a country where they would be persecuted on the grounds of their religion.

Former home secretary Suella Braverman is among those warning that churches seem to be 'rubber stamping' conversions to Christianity.

'Great news for the congregation, but not for the taxpayer': Fury as 40 asylum seekers on Bibby Stockholm 'convert to Christianity' amid fears churches are 'rubber stamping' changes of religion used to avoid deportation | Daily Mail Online

Edited by pellinore
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Perhaps they've been watching the news & got the idea from Abdul the acid thrower. Nah, probably advice from one of the NGOs.

• Like 1

Far right nationalists: England is a Christian country! Immigrants should assimilate into our society.

Also far right nationalists: No, not like that.

• Like 2

Setton, I don't think anybody, even your mythical 'far right nationalists' have ever expected them to change religion, but your faux naivety is duly noted.

Besides, as Abdul has demonstrated, converting to christianity (allegedly) patently doesn't rid you of your Islamic ways & imbue you with christian values, or just perhaps accept the possibility that it is just a means to an end.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

Taqiyya

https://www.****************.com/pages/quran/taqiyya.aspx

As a general rule Apostasy in Islam is punishable by death.

https://www.****************.com/pages/quran/apostasy.aspx

Only those who converted know their true intentions.

EDIT: ???Censored??? Well that doesn't surprise me any. 

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Perhaps they've been watching the news & got the idea from Abdul the acid thrower. Nah, probably advice from one of the NGOs.

It's a bit drastic. It will almost certainly guarantee they are granted asylum, but they may be outcast from their families - unless they persuade them that they are only paying lip-service to Christianity to stay in the UK.

Just now, pellinore said:

It's a bit drastic. It will almost certainly guarantee they are granted asylum, but they may be outcast from their families - unless they persuade them that they are only paying lip-service to Christianity to stay in the UK.

Gosh....they wouldn't do that.....would they??? :rolleyes:

Edited by itsnotoutthere

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Setton, I don't think anybody, even your mythical 'far right nationalists' have ever expected them to change religion, but your faux naivety is duly noted.

Yes, I was being facetious. Obviously.

You're actually questioning far right nationalists exist? Really? Your faux naivety is duly noted.

Besides, as Abdul has demonstrated, converting to christianity (allegedly) patently doesn't rid you of your Islamic ways & imbue you with christian values, or just perhaps accept the possibility that it is just a means to an end.

Last time I read the Qur'an, there's nothing in there saying it's islamic to blind a woman with chemicals in the street.

Can you accept that some conversions may be genuine? Who's going to arbitrate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Yes, I was being facetious. Obviously.

You're actually questioning far right nationalists exist? Really? Your faux naivety is duly noted.

Last time I read the Qur'an, there's nothing in there saying it's islamic to blind a woman with chemicals in the street.

Can you accept that some conversions may be genuine? Who's going to arbitrate?

Oh I know they exist, there's also far left nationalists as well, they've even got a political party, it's been running Scotland for the last few years.

"Last time I read the Qur'an, there's nothing in there saying it's islamic to blind a woman with chemicals in the street." ... No you wouldn't, that would be flogging or stoning to death.

Here's loads more 'far right nationalists' :-

Edited by itsnotoutthere