Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

King Charles Has Cancer

Duke Wellington

• The title was changed to King Charles Has Cancer

Abdication is common in other European monarchies, but not in the British. The only monarchies to abdicate in modern times was Edward VII in 1936, and he was considered disgraced.

If Charles is too ill to rule it is far more likely that William will become Prince Regent than it is for Charles to abdicate.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I saw this earlier today on X. I don't wish illness or death on anybody. Hope he's okay and lives a long life. 

• Like 6

I hope he lives a long, happy life doing whatever floats his boat. 

• Like 4

It could be many different types but he just had a procedure to treat an enlarged prostate so they'd have taken a biopsy at the site.  Iit is prostate cancer, at his age he'd likely die of old age before it would kill him.  It's the more aggressive kinds that are found in the prostate in younger men.  

ETA:  My radiography prof used to say that a prostate ca diagnosis after 70 usually meant the patient would die "with cancer" rather than "of cancer"

Edited by and-then
  • Like 4

Live reporting from the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-68210644

Summary

1. King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer and began treatment on Monday, Buckingham Palace says
  2. The Palace says the cancer was identified during the King's recent hospital treatment for a benign enlarged prostate
  3. "A separate issue of concern was noted," the Palace says, and "subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer"
  4. The Palace has not said what type of cancer the King has been diagnosed with
  5. Prince Harry has spoken to his father and will travel to the UK from the US in the coming days
  6. Charles, 75, has been advised to postpone public duties, but will "undertake state duties" and continue to meet Prime Minister Rishi Sunak weekly
  7. He is being treated as an out-patient, and is at home in London on Monday evening, the Palace says
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

Live reporting from the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-68210644

Summary

1. King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer and began treatment on Monday, Buckingham Palace says
  2. The Palace says the cancer was identified during the King's recent hospital treatment for a benign enlarged prostate
  3. "A separate issue of concern was noted," the Palace says, and "subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer"
  4. The Palace has not said what type of cancer the King has been diagnosed with
  5. Prince Harry has spoken to his father and will travel to the UK from the US in the coming days
  6. Charles, 75, has been advised to postpone public duties, but will "undertake state duties" and continue to meet Prime Minister Rishi Sunak weekly
  7. He is being treated as an out-patient, and is at home in London on Monday evening, the Palace says

I questioned King Charles abdication and I do think Waspie is correct. Prince William may eventually take over a little more of the Royal duties now, but Charles won't abdicate any more than his mother did. I wish him the best of everything and a happy, long life. I'm happy Prince Harry is going to see him. It doesn't mention Meghan, but I really hope he takes Charles' grandchildren to see him a little more often now. Whatever he thinks of Camilla. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, acidhead said:

I saw this earlier today on X. I don't wish illness or death on anybody. Hope he's okay and lives a long life. 

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I hope he lives a long, happy life doing whatever floats his boat. 

I agree, but he is 75. He is not going to die young. It is a funny thing, getting old. I'm not that far off his age, yet I still ride horses, play PC games, walk my dog, fly RC planes and sometimes worry about "the future." I forget I'm very close to my 'three score and ten' and quite likely on borrowed time. 

• Like 2

Google seems to think the most common type of cancer detected during prostate work is bladder cancer.

It also says the late queen died of bone cancer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think he was mean to Princess Diana, and he is completely goofy looking and always has been.

6 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

Google seems to think the most common type of cancer detected during prostate work is bladder cancer.

It also says the late queen died of bone cancer.

It isn't prostate cancer. That's all that's really been said.

King Charles III Has Been Diagnosed With Cancer | TIME

William will step up even though Katherine will still be recuperating until Easter.

Prince William likely to step up amid King Charles III's cancer diagnosis, experts say (msn.com)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I think he was mean to Princess Diana, and he is completely goofy looking and always has been.

Good to know. 
Dude’s got cancer. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Very mature, why not add he smells of bum and he's a mean stinky poo poo to really set your stall out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Prince Harry has arrived in London to visit his father after his cancer diagnosis

He flew in from California earlier today and has been photographed arriving at Clarence House, where the King is staying

PM Rishi Sunak says he's in regular contact with the King and is thankful the illness was "caught early"

After bombshell royal announcements such as yesterday’s news about the King’s cancer diagnosis, there’s a huge public demand for more information.

But don’t expect to hear much more of the specifics of the health problem or the treatment, with Buckingham Palace not planning to provide regular updates on the King’s condition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-68213599

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fact that Ginger Megs has put his performative distraction tour on hold to go home does not bode well IMO. 

3 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Prince Harry has arrived in London to visit his father after his cancer diagnosis

He flew in from California earlier today and has been photographed arriving at Clarence House, where the King is staying

PM Rishi Sunak says he's in regular contact with the King and is thankful the illness was "caught early"

After bombshell royal announcements such as yesterday’s news about the King’s cancer diagnosis, there’s a huge public demand for more information.

But don’t expect to hear much more of the specifics of the health problem or the treatment, with Buckingham Palace not planning to provide regular updates on the King’s condition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-68213599

It's good news that it was caught early. That does increase the chances that it hasn't spread yet. 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2024 at 7:45 PM, susieice said:

It's good news that it was caught early. That does increase the chances that it hasn't spread yet. 

But was it? Plenty of people are discovered to have illnesses at Stage 4 while having checks for something else. Obviously, I wish him well, but so many disorders are silent, as we all know. I have thought about this, so I am going to have a "Well Man" blood test, it is expensive but may be a wakeup call for me- my lifestyle is so pleasant but unhealthy (bacon sarnies, kebabs, too many pints, and hours playing computer games) that I am probably a walking encyclopedia of terminal illnesses.

• Like 1

I sure hope not pellinore. 

I'm just going by what the article says that the doctors told them. That it was caught early. I hope so.

Harry is already back in the US. I saw where King Charles made the helicopter that was taking him to Sandringham wait until Harry got there and they spent about 45 minutes with each other. I'm surprised Harry came back so quickly. 

Nostradamus seems to be off to a good start this year. Or bad, depending on how you look at it. He predicted the King of the Isles will be driven out by force and replaced by one who will have no mark of a King in 2024.

I hope I`m reading it wrong but it may be a case of King Charles goes downhill and won`t abdicate. So they end up forcing him too. But why would it skip William?

I don`t want to make unfounded allegations but there are two princes in the Epstein Court documents, one we know which is Andrew, and one we don`t know because his name is still redacted.

King Charles has released his first statement. He's not going to abdicate. I have a lot of doubt in Nostradamus Scooter. If he needs to step back at all, it will be to William. I've also heard rumors that Prince George may now be forbidden to travel with his father even though he is not yet 12 yrs old. A lot of rumors will start now. I saw some already regarding Harry and Meghan. Maybe Harry is the replacement. Good grief. Harry is back in the US.

Prince Harry Leaves U.K. After 24-Hour Return to Support King Charles (msn.com)

King Charles issues first public statement since cancer diagnosis (msn.com)

As other royal family members will look to step up their responsiblities to support the King, there has already been an indication that he will resume weekly meetings in person with Rishi Sunak in two weeks.

And the statement on Grenada’s anniversary of independence showed he looked to continue his work despite his diagnosis.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, susieice said:

Good grief. Harry is back in the US.

I read that William had no plans to meet his brother, it seems not even their father's cancer can bring them together. 

Camilla – woman once seen as royal threat now keeping show on the road

Her husband may be stepping back from public-facing duties while he is having treatment, but the queen will continue with her full programme of activities, Buckingham Palace has said.

Less than 18 months after becoming queen, the woman who was once viewed as a threat to the monarchy now finds herself having to assume much of the responsibility for keeping the royal show on the road.

Inevitably, much of that burden will also fall on Prince William, who has scrambled back to royal duties this week, but with the Princess of Wales still out of action while she recovers from abdominal surgery, Queen Camilla’s role has never been more central.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/06/queen-camilla-to-continue-full-programme-of-activities

• Like 1