Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery in Alabama as entire 200ft radio tower is stolen by thieves

UM-Bot

To be sure, the station mostly played Luke Combs' extremely unnecessary remake of "Fast Car".  So, it is a win, in a sense.

• Haha 3

This is WJLX-AM wishing all a good night and going off the aaaiiirrrrrrr....(creak, crunch, saw-saw...)

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Cho Jinn said:

To be sure, the station mostly played Luke Combs' extremely unnecessary remake of "Fast Car".  So, it is a win, in a sense.

For sure, but you'd think they'd have just knocked it down ;)   Hauling it away must have been a real chore. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Scrap steel is going for about a quarter a pound $.25-35. A couple of thousand pounds gets you $500- $700 for a night's work.
  • Like 6

I had read about a man getting electrocuted while trying to steal copper from an electric pole or something. He was a drug addict and possibly wanted the money for drugs.

I think it is similarly desperate drug addicts involved here as well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

when copper started to sore in continental Europe it was (as far as I heard) actual gangs taking apart infrastructure (like from DB German Railway)... I think it is not as much on the news as it happens to not give people in unfortunate situations ideas...

It is not really on topic, but popped in my head, it is too funny, read this:

Victor Lustig, hailing from Austria-Hungary, was a masterful con artist known for orchestrating scams across Europe and the United States in the early 20th century. He is widely regarded as one of the most notorious con artists of his time and is infamous for being “the man who sold the Eiffel Tower twice.”

the story

LOL 'twice' please note, he did it twice rofl

and his name is translated to English 'Funny' I mean... if you'd write a story like that everybody would say: that's too much to be believable, but here we got life and... it is stranger than fiction indeed.

Edited by MrsGently
add
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

I watched a full color video of a guy stealing stuff out of a Atlantic City Electric substation who also stole all of my boss's chainsaws a few years ago.

Stupid is....

• Like 6