Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This is My Religion.

Guyver

No, I don’t worship Peter Frampton….because he’s just a man like me.  But what you hear above is musical perfection.  IMO.  It’s as pure as math.  It either is, or it is not….and that live performance?  That is.  I wish I could play that.  I hope, I dream, I practice….but no….I do not believe I could ever achieve that level of greatness.  It is impossible.  But, even if I could do a decent rough cover of it minus the mouth wah….and crush a few of the guitar parts, and some of the vocals.  OMG.  That would be my personal Nirvana on this Earth.  That plus a couple other things I won’t mention at this time.

• Like 3

In other words, I believe in the beauty of musical perfection as being something very very special and pretty much one of the best things in life.  Since I don’t have anything else to believe in, I’m going to believe in that.

• Like 2

Very few things are actually musically perfect, BTW, IMHO.  Musical perfection is more than just crushing a number.  It’s crushing a number, and being innovative simultaneously.

• Like 3

So far, it is the English who have shown superior musical perfection! As this old country boy sees it.

Hotel California is perfect.  Give one to the Americans!!!

classical music has some great riffs, I listened to classical music for years all day but neglected to write down what I was listening to.

here's a rolling stones song I'm sure you've never heard

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

No, I don’t worship Peter Frampton….because he’s just a man like me.  But what you hear above is musical perfection.  IMO.  It’s as pure as math.  It either is, or it is not….and that live performance?  That is.  I wish I could play that.  I hope, I dream, I practice….but no….I do not believe I could ever achieve that level of greatness.  It is impossible.  But, even if I could do a decent rough cover of it minus the mouth wah….and crush a few of the guitar parts, and some of the vocals.  OMG.  That would be my personal Nirvana on this Earth.  That plus a couple other things I won’t mention at this time.

Music, logic and silence are considered to be tools to ensure higher states of consciousness in Hinduism. Saraswati, the goddess of wisdom, is symbolically portrayed in this regard.

https://www.artofliving.org/ego-biggest-problem-yet-it-very-easy-overcome

Silence, music and logic are the three essential ingredients you have spoken of. How does logic relate to knowledge or consciousness?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: Logic is essential. If you see an idol of Goddess Saraswati she is sitting on solid rock. She has a book in one hand which is logic (tarka). In the others she has rosemary beads for meditation and veena (a musical instrument). Logic, music, mauna (silence) are all essential for total development of consciousness. Knowledge is logical understanding of existence.

So good music can be considered as a tool of spirituality.

Edited by Ajay0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Guyver said:

I didin't want to log in today, but boy I had to. Never listened to Frampton, but this is... like Hatshepsut's Mortuary in Deir el-Bahari

It leads you up the stairs towards the entrance, then you enter a wide hall opens in front of you, up the gallery... I see what you mean

It’s as pure as math.

Architecture. Really impressive music architecture.

Thank you. and still somehow playful...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

classical music has some great riffs, I listened to classical music for years all day but neglected to write down what I was listening to.

Also never heard this before. When the Stones tried to copy the Beatles a little lol

But already with the Jagger twist, the guy is just too Rock'n Roll for just Beatles-Pop

Thank you

just for completion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Wasn't there already a thread similar to this? 

Yes, but it was centered on Pan, and Pan is fictional….but musical perfection is real.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrsGently said:

I didin't want to log in today, but boy I had to. Never listened to Frampton, but this is... like Hatshepsut's Mortuary in Deir el-Bahari

It leads you up the stairs towards the entrance, then you enter a wide hall opens in front of you, up the gallery... I see what you mean

Architecture. Really impressive music architecture.

Thank you. and still somehow playful...

I love your analysis MrsGently.  It is really impressive musical architecture.  It’s like a journey as it builds, ebbs and flows like the tide or waves of the ocean.  I listened to that Frampton song last night because it was finally released on Spotify after, at least ten years now.  This happens with certain artists.  Through disputes or protests, some works from some artists get suspended and you can’t hear them.  Then, as I listened carefully to the Frampton number after so long, I realized it was perfect.  It was inspirational to me, and it felt like a religious experience, so.. I thought I would share it here.

Edited by Guyver
Typo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Perfection isn't real.

Good luck finding a flaw in the OP song.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Good luck finding a flaw in the OP song.  

Easy, not fond of his music. So it isn't perfect. Nothing is. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Easy, not fond of his music. So it isn't perfect. Nothing is. 

I don’t think one has to be especially fond of something to recognize its beauty and perfection. I’m not a huge fan of roses, but the ones I gave to my wife for Valentines Day today look pretty close to perfect, and they worked perfectly having accomplished the desired result.  They made my wife feel loved and appreciated.  Helping someone else feel loved and appreciated seems perfect to me.  What could be wrong with it?

9 hours ago, Ajay0 said:

So good music can be considered as a tool of spirituality.

Nice!  Completely agree AjayO.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

You are correct sir.  Never heard it.  I like it.  Like MrsGently, I hear a lot of influences behind that song.  I find it beautiful.  I like the simple harmonies and the story it tells.  

37 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I don’t think one has to be especially fond of something to recognize its beauty and perfection. I’m not a huge fan of roses, but the ones I gave to my wife for Valentines Day today look pretty close to perfect, and they worked perfectly having accomplished the desired result.  They made my wife feel loved and appreciated.  Helping someone else feel loved and appreciated seems perfect to me.  What could be wrong with it?

Perfect is a matter of perception and belief. What you call perfect might be very flawed. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Perfect is a matter of perception and belief. What you call perfect might be very flawed. 

Interesting comment.

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Perfection isn't real.

This bird is perfectly black, and its species have evolved to be intelligent.  

IMG_0121.jpeg