Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sadhguru on being stoned and alert at the same time without intoxicants......

Ajay0

An article by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on being stoned and alert at the same time, without using any chemicals or drugs or other harmful intoxicants.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/toi-edit-page/you-can-be-stoned-and-alert-at-the-same-time/

Statistics from credible sources indicate a sharp upswing in the volume of substance abuse in the world today. We may soon reach a point when entire populations turn chemically dependent – unless there is a massive upsurge in human consciousness.

As a yogi, i am not against pleasure. I am only against limited pleasures. The human need for intoxication is understandable. Several years ago, an Israeli scientist discovered that there are cannabis receptors in the human brain. This means that every individual is biologically equipped for intoxication! Since there was never any time when humanity was collectively consuming cannabis, this means that we are capable of producing our own narcotic and consuming it too. Hence the yogic description of the innermost human core as the ‘anandamayakosha’, the bliss body. Once you access this dimension, you are effortlessly stoned, with no side-effects whatsoever!

If your alertness and intelligence are not compromised, inebriation is a great way to be. Another word for this condition is simply meditation. Instead of getting drunk, if people meditated, they could be stoned and alert at the same time. They would also turn phenomenally productive because nothing would feel burdensome any more.The reason people want to get drunk every weekend is that they want to shed the burdens of the week. If they tried just a little meditation, they could stay drunk all week long! - Sadhguru

• Like 2

if foreign substances are introduced into the natural chemical system of human biology during development, would the human system fail in atrophy and pass the biological change in their offspring - no longer needing to self produce the chemical process for things like happiness - becoming dependent on exterior substances? If chemicals replace the natural process of feeling happy or hungry or content does the human system begin to atrophy and pass it along to future offspring in an evolutionary tangent - needing a foreign chemical to substitute for what the biology had been doing?

Natural High is best. Stoner kids are gonna have some sad and discontent children dependent on chemicals when they grow up?

Who knows? I'm just asking how it all works.  

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Alex_Rogan said:

if foreign substances are introduced into the natural chemical system of human biology during development, would the human system fail in atrophy and pass the biological change in their offspring - no longer needing to self produce the chemical process for things like happiness - becoming dependent on exterior substances? If chemicals replace the natural process of feeling happy or hungry or content does the human system begin to atrophy and pass it along to future offspring in an evolutionary tangent - needing a foreign chemical to substitute for what the biology had been doing?

Natural High is best. Stoner kids are gonna have some sad and discontent children dependent on chemicals when they grow up?

Who knows? I'm just asking how it all works.  

Dependence on external intoxicants obviously means weakness and loss of personal freedom and productivity at a personal level.  There are also various social issues related to it .

There are research articles related to genetic damage by drug abuse in the internet. Here's one.

https://www.annexpublishers.com/articles/JART/2101-Psychoactive-Drugs-Induce-DNA.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

genetic damage.

You found the words I was trying to find.

(can I start a metal band with that name? jk)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I started smoking way too early when I was 12-ish (the year my whole life took a left turn) and am to this day a stoner, my drug of choice, alcohol is just not for me and 'shrooms & co are just for 'special occasions'.

I am fine without it, but my 'normal' is when I got at least a little in my blood. And I don't know if people notice but I am in many ways a 12 year old. Don't do it before the age of 21 or even a little later.

If you're going for euphoria: (consult your doctor first of course) autophagie, when your body switches its digestion mode after three days of fasting.

In general 'eating light' and keeping the colon 'clean' is good for the mood. A lot of people don't know that but a big part of what determines your mood is actually coming from the gut.

I am split in the middle with all the Indian stuff. On the one hand I love it, love a good chai, Ayurveda, Yoga, Hinduism... on the other hand Westerners on an 'India-trip' are often the most self-centred pretentious hard to endure unpleasant company you can be in. (mirror mirror oh it's me too) Depends I guess as always with generalisation not really true etc

But I mean we have a tendency to let you feel our disgust when you try to impress us with your 'normal social haves', that's what makes it difficult. The ones who avoid plastic and stretch after getting up and being all about balance, in a society where efficency, speed and the surface matter most - we will let you feel our pitty and disdain...

Mostly jk it was just 4:20 fifteen minutes ago

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ajay0 said:

Dependence on external intoxicants obviously means weakness and loss of personal freedom and productivity at a personal level.  There are also various social issues related to it .

There are research articles related to genetic damage by drug abuse in the internet. Here's one.

https://www.annexpublishers.com/articles/JART/2101-Psychoactive-Drugs-Induce-DNA.pdf

image.jpeg.12dbba63ae7189ffcfda3daccf0f3678.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

The ones who avoid plastic and stretch after getting up and being all about balance, in a society where efficency, speed and the surface matter most - we will let you feel our pitty and disdain...

Plastic is a well-known carcinogenic, and plastic bags are banned in India in favor of natural jute bags. 

...being all about balance, in a society where efficency, speed and the surface matter most - we will let you feel our pitty and disdain...

This reminds me of the tale of the hare and the tortoise. 

If you are a rich person, you can afford the rising healthcare costs in the west. If not, you may have to choose inexpensive options like yoga, tai chi and others.

Also it does not make sense to see one's savings after a dynamic career and retirement being dissipated in a short span of time by medical expenses.

• Like 3

Just now, Ajay0 said:

Plastic is a well-known carcinogenic, and plastic bags are banned in India in favor of natural jute bags.

Not just that it affects the hormones too. It is not possible to avoid it 100% but... I got a bamboo toothbrush fe. lol And I love it. I can't stand plastic water bottles and where it touches directly not-dry goods. Really difficult, because the inside layer of tetra paks is aluminium. Classical rock or a hard place choice. But I mean letting it not accumulate is already a big first step.

People also don't drink enough. With all the 'substances' everywhere in everything: drink drink drink.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 105312.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alex_Rogan said:

genetic damage.

You found the words I was trying to find.

(can I start a metal band with that name? jk)

Chromosomal disorders. There are many from intoxicants and the Father can contribute from addiction too because he also broke his DNA. 

Your chromosomes are broken and you have missing or broken genes.

My mother was addicted, my father a pot smoking drunk and I was born with one. I have autism, one kidney a full body nerve electrical short giving me a arrhythmia, migraines and fibromyaliga. I also didn't hit puberty until I was about 18 because you sometimes age slower but die younger from all the other problems anyway. 

But there is also weird external markers. Crooked little fingers, fangs and pointed ears along with things that make you look "elfin". 

Williams Syndrome is one of the worst case scenarios and that's probably where "changling" stories came from.

Mental retardation is another worse case scenario. Organ defects. Missing limbs. Malfunctioning glands.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MrsGently said:

Well I started smoking way too early when I was 12-ish (the year my whole life took a left turn) and am to this day a stoner, my drug of choice, alcohol is just not for me and 'shrooms & co are just for 'special occasions'.

I am fine without it, but my 'normal' is when I got at least a little in my blood. And I don't know if people notice but I am in many ways a 12 year old. Don't do it before the age of 21 or even a little later.

If you're going for euphoria: (consult your doctor first of course) autophagie, when your body switches its digestion mode after three days of fasting.

In general 'eating light' and keeping the colon 'clean' is good for the mood. A lot of people don't know that but a big part of what determines your mood is actually coming from the gut.

I am split in the middle with all the Indian stuff. On the one hand I love it, love a good chai, Ayurveda, Yoga, Hinduism... on the other hand Westerners on an 'India-trip' are often the most self-centred pretentious hard to endure unpleasant company you can be in. (mirror mirror oh it's me too) Depends I guess as always with generalisation not really true etc

But I mean we have a tendency to let you feel our disgust when you try to impress us with your 'normal social haves', that's what makes it difficult. The ones who avoid plastic and stretch after getting up and being all about balance, in a society where efficency, speed and the surface matter most - we will let you feel our pitty and disdain...

Mostly jk it was just 4:20 fifteen minutes ago

Your gut flora affects your mood. Not how "clean" it is. You need "bulk" to utilize all the nutrients in your food. I have celiac and dealt with it by diet only on the advice of a geneticist friend of my stepmother for years and it's symptoms are almost nil. Before I figured out a good diet for me I would always "empty out" down to clear mucus and I had chronic depression because I was missing certain buggies I needed.

I started smoking when I was 9 but I was only  3 to 5 a day, said screw it and quit. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Piney said:

Your gut flora affects your mood. Not how "clean" it is. You need "bulk" to utilize all the nutrients in your food. I have celiac and dealt with it by diet only on the advice of a geneticist friend of my stepmother for years and it's symptoms are almost nil. Before I figured out a good diet for me I would always "empty out" down to clear mucus and I had chronic depression because I was missing certain buggies I needed.

I started smoking when I was 9 but I was only  3 to 5 a day, said screw it and quit. 

You're of course right, need the flora I am not 100% sure but I guess I was thinking about a 'on schedule' movement. Why I would have said clean, I don't remember.

But you're right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

You're of course right, need the flora I am not 100% sure but I guess I was thinking about a 'on schedule' movement. Why I would have said clean, I don't remember.

But you're right.

Regular is probably what you were thinking.

It's about eating the right things. I never ate fast food, takeout or junk food. But I do eat my "ethnic diet" heavy into seafood, traditional spices, nuts, meats and rice and white corn are my only real carbs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

But you're right.

Oh, I only drink real fruit juice, water, tea and coffee. No soda, energy or other weird drinks.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Piney said:

Oh, I only drink real fruit juice, water, tea and coffee. No soda, energy or other weird drinks.

So we’re never going to share a bottle of absinthe? Party pooper.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Antigonos said:

So we’re never going to share a bottle of absinthe? Party pooper.

One gummy or shot and I'm out like a light. But with only one kidney, I'd like to keep it healthy,

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

🤔

I stand corrected!

With you and @Iilaa'mpuul'xem riding my ass. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

We tend to swift kick each other around here when needed. 

Somebody has to do it. It's not like there's many people here at our level gorillahood. 

I did a police-military horse riding demonstration with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth the whole time while @Iilaa'mpuul'xem was reaming me at every opportunity and then he reamed me for week after. 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

me too! Well except for the juice I got always with add-ons, like Vitamin D, or Bs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrsGently said:

me too! Well except for the juice I got always with add-ons, like Vitamin D, or Bs

I always had to take sublingual B12s but I'm outside a lot and drink D fortified milk with my nightly bowl of dry Cherrios

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If it takes drugs to feel spiritual, you're just a junkie with an excuse.

That's not how it works, though. Spiritual is a personality trait. There is a whole area of specific drug use that is called 'psychonautics' very interesting stuff, the whole Hippie adjacent Albert Hofmann thing.

And most of these people are not junkies. Because you can't really get addicted to the natural psylocibins and those things. And they're useful for therapy against depression and such.

I battle with nicotine but I am not even addicted to coffein because I always take a 2/2 weeks per month with and without coffee. You? Can you live as you please with or without coffee nicotine and(I guess) alcohol?

And you don't even have 'spiritual' interests as excuse...

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Somebody has to do it. It's not like there's many people here at our level gorillahood. 

I did a police-military horse riding demonstration with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth the whole time while @Iilaa'mpuul'xem was reaming me at every opportunity and then he reamed me for week after. 🤣

🤣 Where is that photo, I remember that one and if I am correct... You were topless 🏇

• Haha 4