Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GBNews Brexit poll shock result

pellinore

10 hours ago, Destination Unknown said:

You wouldn't accept the result even if "Stay Out" won 10 referendums, you'd still be screeching for another vote.

Unfortunately for you though, the UK won't be getting another referendum for several decades (possibly never) given how Remoaners have refused to accept the result of the EU referendum, and actively tried to have the result squashed, therefore, it is unlikely a referendum on anything will be held in the UK again, so it's all THEIR fault.!! 😂😂😂

But if you seriously think the UK will vote to rejoin the EU, then let's start with talking about how the UK is even going to be able to meet the strict economic criteria for joining the EU anyway, considering how you Remoaners have been insisting all along that Brexit will render the UK an economic basketcase.

Once you've squared your own circle, we can then go on to discuss how you are ever even going to convince the British people to ditch the Pound and adopt the euro, as all new EU members are required to adopt the single currency, and those of us who are old enough remember all too well what a disaster it was when pro-EU John Major took the UK into the ERM (the pre-cursor to the euro) back in 1990, which proved absolutely disastrous for the UK's economy, being a key factor in the 1991 recession, and instead of pulling out of the ERM at the time he then decided it would be a great idea to pump billions of pounds worth of foreign exchange reserves into it in a futile attempt to try and save his pet (pro-EU) monetary project, ultimately resulting in 'Black Wednesday' when the UK finally did crash out of the ERM a year later.

So go on, over to you. The floor is all yours.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/black-wednesday.asp

Do we also want to be part of an EU army?

With the cheapskates on the continent not paying their way it is Brits that would end up doing the fighting for them.

1 minute ago, Destination Unknown said:

You know full well that I meant the reason there won't be another referendum for several decades is precisely because of your sides abject refusal to accept the result, actively seeking to have the result squashed, so stop trying to make it look like I meant something else, because I didn't.

The fact that it is contentious does not at all mean there will not be another one in 5 years' time, next year or in 50 years' time. The timing of a referendum is a matter for parliament to decide, not "Remoaners" or "Brexiters". In fact, because public opinion has rejected Brexit, and there is growing momentum to reverse it, the opinion of Remoaners may well make it happen sooner rather than later, if it happens at all.

As referenda are not compatible with a parliamentary democracy, it may well be re-joining is decided by mandate and popular consent. Since no group of people has benefitted, and large numbers have been harmed by Brexit, it should be straightforward.

I was just making the observation that everything to do with the Brexit disaster is made out to be somehow the fault of the people who didn't want it in the first place. I can't see the logic myself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

Do we also want to be part of an EU army?

Who do you want to be allied to? The countries in the CPTTP? Europe is our continent.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pellinore said:

The fact that it is contentious does not at all mean there will not be another one in 5 years' time, next year or in 50 years' time. The timing of a referendum is a matter for parliament to decide, not "Remoaners" or "Brexiters". In fact, because public opinion has rejected Brexit, and there is growing momentum to reverse it, the opinion of Remoaners may well make it happen sooner rather than later, if it happens at all.

As referenda are not compatible with a parliamentary democracy, it may well be re-joining is decided by mandate and popular consent. Since no group of people has benefitted, and large numbers have been harmed by Brexit, it should be straightforward.

I was just making the observation that everything to do with the Brexit disaster is made out to be somehow the fault of the people who didn't want it in the first place. I can't see the logic myself.

Future generations may well vote to rejoin the EU pellinore, and if so then I will actually respect that decision, unlike YOU, who has shown absolutely ZERO respect for our decision to Leave the EU, so I'll ask you the same thing that I asked Ozy.

If you seriously think the UK will vote to rejoin the EU, then let's start with talking about how the UK is even going to be able to meet the strict economic criteria for joining the EU anyway, considering how you Remoaners have been insisting all along that Brexit will render the UK an economic basketcase.

Once you've squared your own circle, we can then go on to discuss how you are ever even going to convince the British people to ditch the Pound and adopt the euro, as all new EU members are required to adopt the single currency, and those of us who are old enough remember all too well what a disaster it was when pro-EU John Major took the UK into the ERM (the pre-cursor to the euro) back in 1990, which proved absolutely disastrous for the UK's economy, being a key factor in the 1991 recession, and instead of pulling out of the ERM at the time he then decided it would be a great idea to pump billions of pounds worth of foreign exchange reserves into it in a futile attempt to try and save his pet (pro-EU) monetary project, ultimately resulting in 'Black Wednesday' when the UK finally did crash out of the ERM a year later.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/black-wednesday.asp

Edited by Destination Unknown

18 minutes ago, Destination Unknown said:

If you seriously think the UK will vote to rejoin the EU, then let's start with talking about how the UK is even going to be able to meet the strict economic criteria for joining the EU anyway, considering how you Remoaners have been insisting all along that Brexit will render the UK an economic basketcase.

I agree it is unlikely as we are currently set on a trajectory to join the likes of Somalia and Ethiopia. And with the present government we are unlikely to meet the EU criteria for democracy and the rule of law either. So enjoy your Brexit while it lasts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I agree it is unlikely as we are currently set on a trajectory to join the likes of Somalia and Ethiopia. And with the present government we are unlikely to meet the EU criteria for democracy and the rule of law either. So enjoy your Brexit while it lasts.

Oh for crying out loud pellinore. I suppose you think we were like Somalia and Ethiopia before we were conned into joining that far too overpriced political union folly as well eh. 🤦

The conundrum you now have to face pellinore, is that Brexit has to be a success in order for you to have any possible chance of your wet dream of the UK ever rejoining the EU becoming a reality, but of course the question then becomes, why would we even want to rejoin the EU anyway, when we are already doing perfectly fine outside of the EU? 🤔

11 minutes ago, Destination Unknown said:

, why would we even want to rejoin the EU anyway, when we are already doing perfectly fine outside of the EU? 🤔

We are not, and we can't. You may not like the idea of the EU, but it exists, and we are part of Europe. If you don't like the idea of being European (which the British are) you should stop trying to ruin our economy and country and go somewhere where you will be happier. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pellinore said:

We are not, and we can't. You may not like the idea of the EU, but it exists, and we are part of Europe. If you don't like the idea of being European (which the British are) you should stop trying to ruin our economy and country and go somewhere where you will be happier. 

We are doing fine and no we aren`t Europeans.

The Anglo-American realm is a completely different civilization, and we are vastly superior. Our way has dominated the planet for centuries and will continue to do so for many more centuries to come. Why do you think EU nations and East Asia try to emulate us?

If ever we weren`t doing fine then why join the EU? We would just need to do CANZUK. And if that doesn`t solve it work something out with the USA. Thats far better than joining the Franco-Prussian barbarians with their track record of causing world wars and major conflicts. No thanks. We need to cut Ukraine loose too, why are we supporting that EU expansion project? We aren`t even getting a slice of the pie ourselves.

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

Of course we're doing perfectly fine outside of the EU. Have you actually bothered to take a look at the state of your beloved EU right now?

No, of course you haven't, because you're only looking for negativity within the UK (your own country) rather than looking at the bigger picture and actually seeing that what you're perceiving (or being told is) strictly Brexit UK problems, are also problems that are facing your beloved EU as well.

And just because we are part of Europe, that doesn't automatically mean that we should be forced to accept being in a European political union that nobody ever even voted to join in the first place does it.

Europe is a continental region consisting of around 50 countries, whilst the EU is a political institution consisting of just 27 of those European countries, so stop interchanging the political construct with the continental region, because they are NOT the same thing. Heck, part of Russia is also in Europe, so should Russia join the EU as well then just because they are also part of Europe? 🤦

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

Who do you want to be allied to? The countries in the CPTTP? Europe is our continent.

Whats wrong with NATO?

19 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Yes, I'm in Ireland. So what? This is an international forum. Anyone with an opinion can comment. 

I agree.