Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is still with us

qxcontinuum

Last night, I found myself in a dream where I, for some inexplicable reason, rejected my beloved dog, the one I love very much. In the dream, I asked my wife to remove the dog from the house, a sentiment that left me wondering upon waking.

As I opened my eyes an unusual compulsion led me to inspect every inch of my dog's body, a routine I rarely do. To my astonishment, right under his left ear, I discovered a fully grown deer tick ( the type which transmits lyme dissease). Swiftly, I removed the intruder and promptly began administering antibiotics.

In retrospect, it felt like the dream was a nudge from some higher force compelling me to ensure the well-being of my beloved dog. In the past I had experienced numerous such dreams that have turned on to reality in a way or another . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Last night, I found myself in a dream where I, for some inexplicable reason, rejected my beloved dog, the one I love very much. In the dream, I asked my wife to remove the dog from the house, a sentiment that left me wondering upon waking.

As I opened my eyes an unusual compulsion led me to inspect every inch of my dog's body, a routine I rarely do. To my astonishment, right under his left ear, I discovered a fully grown deer tick ( the type which transmits lyme dissease). Swiftly, I removed the intruder and promptly began administering antibiotics.

In retrospect, it felt like the dream was a nudge from some higher force compelling me to ensure the well-being of my beloved dog. In the past I had experienced numerous such dreams that have turned on to reality in a way or another . 

I'm glad your dog is ok, I have one of my own, but which God? Yahweh? Shiva? Thor? Athena? Ra-Horakhty? Some other deity? And how do you actually verifiably know or is it just a belief? 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It strikes me as more like a guardian helper entity was prompting you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

Why assume it was God?  I don't see the intercession of Saints or Angels here.

I am also very glad that you checked up on your dog and removed the tick, needless to say. 

Remember though, that Christianity maintains that Dogs don't have souls, (except for Saint Guinefort, who was a greyhound).  No matter how much you love your dog, you are a heretic to think that your faithful and beloved dog will be waiting for you in heaven.  This is part of why Christianity is a barbarous religion imo.  When I die, I would be happy to go where all the good dogs go, because I love them all.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Remember though, that Christianity maintains that Dogs don't have souls, (except for Saint Guinefort, who was a greyhound).  No matter how much you love your dog, you are a heretic to think that your faithful and beloved dog will be waiting for you in heaven.  This is part of why Christianity is a barbarous religion imo.  When I die, I would be happy to go where all the good dogs go, because I love them all.

There's a possibility that the Bible might have been translated inaccurately from Hebrew, possibly to downplay biases regarding killing animals. In the original Hebrew texts, animals are referred to as "souls" (nephesh). While some parts of the Bible distinguish between humans and animals, discussing the breath of man after death, there's no mention of animals ascending, leaving room for the belief that they might be exempt. However, the Bible also mentions sinners facing eternal death, implying their souls won't be resurrected. My past Biblical studies, aimed at becoming a priest, revealed a distinction between soul and spirit, with the Holy Trinity suggesting separateness.

I also find very interesting that in English the word Dog, read backwards is ... GOD. I recently started discovering hidden words and names with certain English meanings that coincidentaly plays behavioral and eventful meanings: recently the leader of the hammas group name Yahya Sinwar (sin war) a war that is unholy. 

Anyways too much? 🤪 

20240218_103704.jpg

Edited by qxcontinuum

5 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

There's a possibility that the Bible might have been translated inaccurately from Hebrew, possibly to downplay biases regarding killing animals. In the original Hebrew texts, animals are referred to as "souls" (nephesh). While some parts of the Bible distinguish between humans and animals, discussing the breath of man after death, there's no mention of animals ascending, leaving room for the belief that they might be exempt. However, the Bible also mentions sinners facing eternal death, implying their souls won't be resurrected. My past Biblical studies, aimed at becoming a priest, revealed a distinction between soul and spirit, with the Holy Trinity suggesting separateness.

I also find very interesting that in English the word Dog, read backwards is ... GOD. I recently started discovering hidden words and names with certain English meanings that coincidentaly plays behavioral and eventful meanings: recently the leader of the hammas group name Yahya Sinwar (sin war) a war that is unholy. 

Anyways too much? 🤪 

20240218_103704.jpg

The KJ and NIV were both mistranslated period in many cases.

The NIV on purpose to make the OT prophets apply to Jesus. The KJ was translated from the Latin Vulgate which wasn't a good translation to begin with.

I made it easy. I learned the OT from a Jerusalem Bible with Koine translation references and a actual Rabbi. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

The KJ and NIV were both mistranslated period in many cases.

The NIV on purpose to make the OT prophets apply to Jesus. The KJ was translated from the Latin Vulgate which wasn't a good translation to begin with.

I made it easy. I learned the OT from a Jerusalem Bible with Koine translation references and a actual Rabbi. 

And The only right way. Back in the days in East European countries, to become an Ortodox priest, it was required to learn Hebrew or Old Greek first ( for Septuagint), then delve into the ancient writing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

And The only right way. Back in the days in East European countries, to become an Ortodox priest, it was required to learn Hebrew or Old Greek first ( for Septuagint), then delve into the ancient writing.

A Ukrainian Orthodox Priest in Vineland New Jersey who served New Kuban was fluent in Koine and Hebrew. Also the greatest custom carpenter along with his sons I've ever seen.  

I thought you were Catholic.

My bad!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Piney said:

My bad!

Anything but Latvian Ortodox 🤣

• Haha 1

Interesting and thanks for sharing. 

My aunt had a dream of a poisonous adder snake in her daughter's room. Next day, she just checked the daughter's room and indeed found one. It had somehow entered the room through some means and could have been fatal to her daughter. 

This account shared by my mother to me made me realize that dreams can be a source of intuition and signs. 

• Like 6

It's when we are not distracted that our senses are working better, be it gut instinct or paranormal, a message was relayed to you and you wisely listened.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Piney said:

A Ukrainian Orthodox Priest in Vineland New Jersey who served New Kuban was fluent in Koine and Hebrew. Also the greatest custom carpenter along with his sons I've ever seen.  

My bad!

LOL, these days I believe the main qualification for membership in the Orthodox Clergy is to be an agent of the FSB.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

LOL, these days I believe the main qualification for membership in the Orthodox Clergy is to be an agent of the FSB.

Not in Cumberland and Atlantic County, South Jersey. It's all Greeks, Ukrainian Cossacks and Bulgarians. If you can find one of them that actually likes a Muscovite tell me. 

In New Kuban they want to see Putty quartered. 

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

Not in Cumberland and Atlantic County, South Jersey. It's all Greeks, Ukrainian Cossacks and Bulgarians. If you can find one of them that actually likes a Muscovite tell me. 

In New Kuban they want to see Putty quartered. 

The rot in the Orthodox Church started under Stalin when he had the clergy arrested and replaced with KGB.  They even exported agents as priests that way.  The Russians have never stopped doing it either afaik.  That is why Ukraine's Orthodox Church amongst others have split from Moscow.  I wonder how infiltrated they remain.  Plenty of orthodox Clergy in Ukraine have been jailed as collaborators and agents of Russia during the present war.  I hear that even Orthodox priests in Alaska are a problem.  However I fear we are drifting off topic. :tu: 

Or perhaps the issue of totalitarian governments infiltrating the clergy is an interesting counterpoint to the whole "God is with us" question?  I mean, some have said that there is no better excuse for a dictator on earth than a dictator in heaven...  Do we really want to belong to some sort of divine surveillance state?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

The rot in the Orthodox Church started under Stalin when he had the clergy arrested and replaced with KGB.  They even exported agents as priests that way.  The Russians have never stopped doing it either afaik.  That is why Ukraine's Orthodox Church amongst others have split from Moscow.  I wonder how infiltrated they remain.  Plenty of orthodox Clergy in Ukraine have been jailed as collaborators and agents of Russia during the present war.  I hear that even Orthodox priests in Alaska are a problem.  However I fear we are drifting off topic. :tu: 

Or perhaps the issue of totalitarian governments infiltrating the clergy is an interesting counterpoint to the whole "God is with us" question?  I mean, some have said that there is no better excuse for a dictator on earth than a dictator in heaven...  Do we really want to belong to some sort of divine surveillance state?

Project 2025 is the lame attempt at that here. But American Evangelicals are bumblers not even close to the level of the KGB and they are a single state Church. 

I know all about the KGB, the Russian Orthodox Church and their bogus icons to launder and make money for "projects". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2024 at 1:29 AM, Alchopwn said:

Remember though, that Christianity maintains that Dogs don't have souls, (except for Saint Guinefort, who was a greyhound).  No matter how much you love your dog, you are a heretic to think that your faithful and beloved dog will be waiting for you in heaven.

Chapter and verse please.  Everything I can find says that the Bible is silent on whether pets/animals are in heaven and there are apparently verses that suggest God will restore Creation which of course includes animals.  There were snakes in Eden after all.  Where are you getting this supposed 'heresy'?  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Chapter and verse please.  Everything I can find says that the Bible is silent on whether pets/animals are in heaven and there are apparently verses that suggest God will restore Creation which of course includes animals.  There were snakes in Eden after all.  Where are you getting this supposed 'heresy'?  

St. Guinefort the greyhound was a "folk saint" and the Catholic Church was trying to stomp it down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Piney said:

St. Guinefort the greyhound was a "folk saint" and the Catholic Church was trying to stomp it down. 

Interesting, after looking it up I have heard this story before, it's a sad one.  Regardless I'm missing the 'heresy' part even if the comment was just within the confines of Catholicism.  Looks like the last Pope to say something definitive that animals are not in heaven because they don't have souls was Pope Pius IX in the 19th century.  Since then it looks like a couple of Popes have said the exact opposite and none seem to have reinforced Pius' position.

• Like 3

Ecclesiastes leaves it ambiguous IMO: 

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21

18 I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts. 19 For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.[a]20 All go to one place. All are from the dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?

cormac 

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Piney said:

In their dreams, lol.

tilly.JPG

• Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Ecclesiastes leaves it ambiguous IMO: 

cormac 

At the end of verse 19 you have "vanity" but mine reads mataiotes "futile" or "useless".

Nevermind it can also be "vanity"...

• Thanks 5

11 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

It is unfortunate that religion and faith have became separate entities, these days. This reality was the driving factor to no longer pursue religion as a career, but faith remained.

Don't do what the priest does but do what the priest says is good advice I offered to all of those disappointed .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

So... Is an animal baptized?  Does an animal attend church?  Can an animal take Jesus as their lord and savior?  Of course not.  Animals have no souls according to scripture.  Only humans are made in God's image.  Only humans have souls.  Only humans have the unique capacity to reason thanks to the whole Original Sin thing.  Satiny Thomas Aquinas in particular reasoned, based on the above evidence that animals didn't have souls, and no Protestant has ever soundly questioned the reasoning.  The heresy is of course believing that animals have souls and go to heaven.  I support that heresy.

• Like 3