Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Largest Covid Vaccine Study Yet Finds Links to Health Conditions

WVK

I'm very glad the numbers are so small.  Most of my family, including my daughter, took the vaccines and in the case of my sister and B-I-L, they've taken a couple of boosters, as well.  I have no regrets about refusing them but everyone should have a right to choose - without being forced.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My best advice is don`t take experimental vaccines unless there is a real risk to life.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good best advice.

• Like 1

Well, it's nice examples of self-limiting problems.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

My best advice is don`t take experimental vaccines unless there is a real risk to life.

Except the Covid vaccination wasn't experimental by any definition of the word. 

That's just an ignorant statement.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, WVK said:

(Bloomberg) -- Vaccines that protect against severe illness, death and lingering long Covid symptoms from a coronavirus infection were linked to small increases in neurological, blood, and heart-related conditions in the largest global vaccine safety study to date.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/ar-BB1iuvvi

Why do you suppose this information was ignored in that article?

COVID-19 infection poses higher risk for myocarditis than vaccines

The overall risk of myocarditis – inflammation of the heart muscle – is substantially higher immediately after being infected with COVID-19 than it is in the weeks following vaccination for the coronavirus, a large new study in England shows.

The detailed analysis of nearly 43 million people was published Monday in the American Heart Association journal Circulation.

"We found that across this large dataset, the entire COVID-19-vaccinated population of England during an important 12-month period of the pandemic when the COVID-19 vaccines first became available, the risk of myocarditis following COVID-19 vaccination was quite small compared to the risk of myocarditis after COVID-19 infection," the study's lead author, Martina Patone, said in a news release. She is a statistician at the University of Oxford Nuffield Department of Primary Health Care Sciences in England.

Puts the anti vax fear angle in perspective doesn't it. 

A person is safer vaccinated. Simple fact.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Because the article is about a study of safety monitoring on the COVID vaccines, rather than their comparative efficacy versus getting the illness.

One is never going to get all the context available in a 2 minute aggregator article on a complex topic.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Because the article is about a study of safety monitoring on the COVID vaccines, rather than their comparative efficacy versus getting the illness.

One is never going to get all the context available in a 2 minute aggregator article on a complex topic.

It just strikes me that it would be pertinent to mention that it's a greater risk without. At the end of the day it's Covid information that's important.

I get the impression the OP posted it because that is not crystal clear. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Except the Covid vaccination wasn't experimental by any definition of the word. 

That's just an ignorant statement.

Of course it was, it only went through stage 1 trials before it was used. Whatever happened to stage 2 and 3?

We treated that vaccine like there was an Ebola Plague going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

COVID-19 infection poses higher risk for myocarditis than vaccines

The overall risk of myocarditis – inflammation of the heart muscle – is substantially higher immediately after being infected with COVID-19 than it is in the weeks following vaccination for the coronavirus, a large new study in England shows.

The detailed analysis of nearly 43 million people was published Monday in the American Heart Association journal Circulation.

"We found that across this large dataset, the entire COVID-19-vaccinated population of England during an important 12-month period of the pandemic when the COVID-19 vaccines first became available, the risk of myocarditis following COVID-19 vaccination was quite small compared to the risk of myocarditis after COVID-19 infection," the study's lead author, Martina Patone, said in a news release. She is a statistician at the University of Oxford Nuffield Department of Primary Health Care Sciences in England.

Puts the anti vax fear angle in perspective doesn't it. 

A person is safer vaccinated. Simple fact.

You are using population statistical analysis.

Do I really need to point out that 43 million people in England (thats most of our population) have not gone to the hospital for a heart scan following the vaccine? Furthermore ever since the rollout we have been running at about 100,000 excess deaths per year.

This is why stages 2 and 3 of a vaccine trial must be completed before rolling it out. It is fine to roll it out after stage 1 if there is an Ebola Plague going on where 80% of those infected are dying. It is not fine when the death rate is between 2% and 4% of those infected with the vast majority of the fatalities being people with underlying health problems. Give the vaccine to them, the rest of the population do not need it.

The rollout of the coronavirus vaccines after stage 1 was driven by unsubstantiated fear and hysteria. The healthy population do not need a vaccine for what is simply a bad cough, regular cold symptoms, and crazy bad migraines.

• Like 6

Of course it was, it only went through stage 1 trials before it was used. Whatever happened to stage 2 and 3?

We treated that vaccine like there was an Ebola Plague going on.

mRNA vaccine research began in the mid nineties. 

Over two decades of research is anything but experimental. 

• Like 3

You are using population statistical analysis.

Do I really need to point out that 43 million people in England (thats most of our population) have not gone to the hospital for a heart scan following the vaccine? Furthermore ever since the rollout we have been running at about 100,000 excess deaths per year.

This is why stages 2 and 3 of a vaccine trial must be completed before rolling it out. It is fine to roll it out after stage 1 if there is an Ebola Plague going on where 80% of those infected are dying. It is not fine when the death rate is between 2% and 4% of those infected with the vast majority of the fatalities being people with underlying health problems. Give the vaccine to them, the rest of the population do not need it.

The rollout of the coronavirus vaccines after stage 1 was driven by unsubstantiated fear and hysteria. The healthy population do not need a vaccine for what is simply a bad cough, regular cold symptoms, and crazy bad migraines.

That's entirely not true or it wouldn't have claimed over six million people. 

Trials were completed, Facebook style rumours don't change that nor do exaggerated rumours of excess deaths that have absolutely nothing to do with the vaccine. It's now being used to treat cancer. 

I think it's more likely that anti vaxers look stupid and uniformed especially so now. The dangers have passed. Enough responsible people were vaccinated to make the difference. Now anti vaxers are trying to justify being the weak link in society that did in fact illustrate a community risk. Its only compounding the original stupidity. Anti vaxers will go down in history as horrible selfish aholes who rushed others lives for childish ideology. Be embarrassed, you've earned it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's entirely not true or it wouldn't have claimed over six million people. 

Trials were completed, Facebook style rumours don't change that nor do exaggerated rumours of excess deaths that have absolutely nothing to do with the vaccine. It's now being used to treat cancer. 

I think it's more likely that anti vaxers look stupid and uniformed especially so now. The dangers have passed. Enough responsible people were vaccinated to make the difference. Now anti vaxers are trying to justify being the weak link in society that did in fact illustrate a community risk. Its only compounding the original stupidity. Anti vaxers will go down in history as horrible selfish aholes who rushed others lives for childish ideology. Be embarrassed, you've earned it.

7 million dead world wide with 700 million reported cases (a lot of unreported ones will exist too).

Thats a death rate of 1%, that is not an excuse for a rushed vaccine.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

7 million dead world wide with 700 million reported cases (a lot of unreported ones will exist too).

Yes it is. Wars have been started over less. You simply don't know what you are talking about. 

13 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

Thats a death rate of 1%, that is not an excuse for a rushed vaccine.

It is, and something that had decades of research isn't rushed by any definition of the word. That's just your personal fantasy that makes you feel better about being the weak link in society. You not only put your peers st higher risk, you fell for the political propoganda. 

It's very stupid and deliberately ignorant to take Political advice over medical. You can't make up for your disregard of community care. You are one of those who let everyone down. Things are what they are. There's no salvaging your reputation from here. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It is, and something that had decades of research isn't rushed by any definition of the word. That's just your personal fantasy that makes you feel better about being the weak link in society. You not only put your peers st higher risk, you fell for the political propoganda. 

It's very stupid and deliberately ignorant to take Political advice over medical. You can't make up for your disregard of community care. You are one of those who let everyone down. Things are what they are. There's no salvaging your reputation from here. 

The evidence shows that Covid-19 emerged in China in late 2019. There is no evidence of it or its vaccines being decades old. What in the hell are you on about?

You`re the one who caved into political pressures in your need to conform to societies views. Those of us who had a look at the peer reviewed research papers at the time (both for and against) know serious concerns were raised about rushing out a vaccine, and not any vaccine but a new type which had never been developed before.

Your whole problem from your political beliefs to this are underpinned by a need to conform to societal views. If Biden appeared on stage and told you Trump was an alien you`d go along with it. Its weak, very weak. Try applying critical thinking and forming your own independent views. As it is you would run and jump off a cliff with the other lemmings just because they did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Electric Scooter said:

The evidence shows that Covid-19 emerged in China in late 2019. There is no evidence of it or its vaccines being decades old. What in the hell are you on about?

I'm on about mRNA research beginning in 1995 on mice. 

Then it was researched for bird flu, but wasn't ready so it was not released.

The Covid vaccination we received was the result of these early research breakthroughs and SARS trials. 

You are just make my crap up to suit your narrative. The vaccination was not experimental by any definition of the word, your misinformation propagated by your misunderstanding doesn't change that. 

You`re the one who caved into political pressures in your need to conform to societies views. Those of us who had a look at the peer reviewed research papers at the time (both for and against) know serious concerns were raised about rushing out a vaccine, and not any vaccine but a new type which had never been developed before.

So you never researched anything then. Otherwise you would be aware of the aforementioned trials. 

The fringe politicians with doctors licences aren't the best source of information regarding Covid. 

Your sycophant adoration for Trump blinded you to actual information. 

Your whole problem from your political beliefs to this are underpinned by a need to conform to societal views.

Social responsibility, which you failed on, isn't a belief. And taking that responsibility isn't confirming. You let society down, and that will be remembered for a long time. You and your views drag society backwards. 

If Biden appeared on stage and told you Trump was an alien you`d go along with it. Its weak, very weak.

Nah, that's just a Maga fantasy all you strange orange disciples have in common. I couldn't give a rodents rectum about what he says. All I can see is he is a better president than Trump. But that's not a high bar. Trump is a trash human being. 

Try applying critical thinking and forming your own independent views.

You first. You're just a Maga clone. 

As it is you would run and jump off a cliff with the other lemmings just because they did.

You clearly don't know me at all. It's just a superiority complex fantasy you have where you think you are better and smarter than others. I'll give you a tip, that's not common at UM from what I see. You're a bit of a joke. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'm on about mRNA research beginning in 1995 on mice. 

Then it was researched for bird flu, but wasn't ready so it was not released.

The Covid vaccination we received was the result of these early research breakthroughs and SARS trials. 

You are just make my crap up to suit your narrative. The vaccination was not experimental by any definition of the word, your misinformation propagated by your misunderstanding doesn't change that. 

So you never researched anything then. Otherwise you would be aware of the aforementioned trials. 

The fringe politicians with doctors licences aren't the best source of information regarding Covid. 

Your sycophant adoration for Trump blinded you to actual information. 

Social responsibility, which you failed on, isn't a belief. And taking that responsibility isn't confirming. You let society down, and that will be remembered for a long time. You and your views drag society backwards. 

Nah, that's just a Maga fantasy all you strange orange disciples have in common. I couldn't give a rodents rectum about what he says. All I can see is he is a better president than Trump. But that's not a high bar. Trump is a trash human being. 

You first. You're just a Maga clone. 

You clearly don't know me at all. It's just a superiority complex fantasy you have where you think you are better and smarter than others. I'll give you a tip, that's not common at UM from what I see. You're a bit of a joke. 

Read it and weep: UK approves Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for rollout next week | New Scientist

I quote `the UK has become the first country to approve the vaccine developed by Pfizer and its partner BioNTech`. Developed means not pre-existing, meaning its new. 

BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine: First Approval - PMC (nih.gov)

I quote `In early December 2020, BNT162b2 received a temporary emergency use authorization`. New vaccines are normally only approved for emergency use when there is a grave risk to live, as in Ebola. For 1% deaths that is dangerous. Why is most of the research that went into the vaccine sealed? You think its wise taking a vaccine when the research cannot be assessed?

I won`t take a lecture on social responsibility from someone actively playing along with the anti-Trump political corruptions going on that will ultimately tare the USA apart. I also do not require your validation of my intelligence levels, I have plenty of letters after my name thanks.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Electric Scooter said:

Read it and weep: UK approves Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for rollout next week | New Scientist

I quote `the UK has become the first country to approve the vaccine developed by Pfizer and its partner BioNTech`. Developed means not pre-existing, meaning its new. 

BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine: First Approval - PMC (nih.gov)

I quote `In early December 2020, BNT162b2 received a temporary emergency use authorization`. New vaccines are normally only approved for emergency use when there is a grave risk to live, as in Ebola. For 1% deaths that is dangerous. Why is most of the research that went into the vaccine sealed? You think its wise taking a vaccine when the research cannot be assessed?

:rolleyes:

Decades in the Making: mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines

Decades of NIH-supported laboratory research laid the groundwork for the rapid development of mRNA vaccines in the first 100 days of the COVID-19 pandemic

Studies of viruses, including other coronaviruses, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV); advances in general vaccine technology; and the breakthrough in using fatty, oil-like particles called lipid nanoparticles to deliver vaccines to cells were just some of the efforts that made the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines possible. For decades, NIH has supported the research that led to these vaccines — and this timeline provides some of the best examples.

Plenty of links supporting the above statement at the link.

Not rushed. Not new.

I won`t take a lecture on social responsibility from someone actively playing along with the anti-Trump political corruptions going on that will ultimately tare the USA apart.

Because that's the Maga way. Never admit to fault and blame everyone for one's own misgivings. There's a whole society out there who knows you let everyone down when it mattered. I'm only saying what many are thinking. Trump did the same. He let America down when it mattered, that's why he got booted. He will let America down again if he manages to con enough people. He is a horrid person and a bad look for America. 

I also do not require your validation of my intelligence levels, I have plenty of letters after my name thanks.

Then use those letters to read the above link and educate yourself on the subject of mRNA. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

:rolleyes:

Decades in the Making: mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines

Decades of NIH-supported laboratory research laid the groundwork for the rapid development of mRNA vaccines in the first 100 days of the COVID-19 pandemic

Studies of viruses, including other coronaviruses, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV); advances in general vaccine technology; and the breakthrough in using fatty, oil-like particles called lipid nanoparticles to deliver vaccines to cells were just some of the efforts that made the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines possible. For decades, NIH has supported the research that led to these vaccines — and this timeline provides some of the best examples.

Plenty of links supporting the above statement at the link.

Not rushed. Not new.

Because that's the Maga way. Never admit to fault and blame everyone for one's own misgivings. There's a whole society out there who knows you let everyone down when it mattered. I'm only saying what many are thinking. Trump did the same. He let America down when it mattered, that's why he got booted. He will let America down again if he manages to con enough people. He is a horrid person and a bad look for America. 

Then use those letters to read the above link and educate yourself on the subject of mRNA. 

I get where you are going wrong.

Your error comes from looking at a technology that has been developing but being unable to divide that from the application of the technology to create a new vaccine. The vaccine is new. Furthermore each vaccine targets something unique, in the case of coronavirus its the viral cells spike proteins. As its spike proteins are unique, and we have applied a technology to create a vaccine that targets them, the vaccine is also unique.

The issue is that was released for emergency use. That kind of measure to most reasonable people is only acceptable when there is a substantial risk to human life. A death rate of 1% does not meet that standard, thats a similar death rate (although just a little higher) to the numbers that would be expected to die over winter from the flu. Yet for the flu we do not close down the planet and role out emergency use vaccines.

Furthermore the vaccine given to people was not identical to the one developed. In order to cut costs they cut quality. Therefore in the UK the version that was rolled out was unfortunately contaminated with E.coli and this is believed to be the cause of the heart problems.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Electric Scooter said:

That statement refutes itself.

Your error comes from looking at a technology that has been developing but being unable to divide that from the application of the technology to create a new vaccine.

This is where you have gone wrong. 

The vaccine had decades of research behind it. If it was "rushed" that would have been if it was applied to previous SARS outbreaks. This was a final refinement of known technology. 

The vaccine is new.

No. The strain designed to fight Covid 19 specifically is new. It's like a new model of a reliable vehicle. 

Furthermore each vaccine targets something unique, in the case of coronavirus its the viral cells spike proteins. As its spike proteins are unique, and we have applied a technology to create a vaccine that targets them, the vaccine is also unique.

That's common in respiratory ailments all round. Not Covid alone. It it were true, no vaccine would ever work and we know that isn't the case. You are getting confused with the strains like A, B and omicron.

Some viruses also have spikes,” Ellis explained. “These spikes are made of carbohydrates and proteins that stick out along the outside of the virus and enable it to infect specific sites on a host, with varying degrees of connective strength. Spikes, more than the interior of the virus, mutate often and are subject to heavy natural selection. This is why you can be subject to one strain of the flu, develop antibodies, and recover, but then be subject to the flu again the next year.”

https://www.mcphs.edu/about/news/strange-new-world#:~:text=“Some viruses also have spikes,varying degrees of connective strength.

It's almost like boosters would be needed to keep up with strain mutations.

Ohhhh. Wait........ They are. 

The issue is that was released for emergency use. That kind of measure to most reasonable people is only acceptable when there is a substantial risk to human life. A death rate of 1% does not meet that standard, thats a similar death rate (although just a little higher) to the numbers that would be expected to die over winter from the flu. Yet for the flu we do not close down the planet and role out emergency use vaccines.

It's nothing like flu statistics. That very silly argument has been done to death here and refuted. I won't bother with refuted childish nonsense which you no doubt use to pad out your post which is brimming with misinformation. 

Your personal evaluation is nonsense and is at odds with professional consensus. This it's just a misinformation rant. 

Furthermore the vaccine given to people was not identical to the one developed.

No kidding.

Astounding how different strains require different vaccines.

Actually it's not astounding at all is it. It's exactly what logic would dictate isn't it.

In order to cut costs they cut quality.

That's BS too.

To cut costs you cut volume and rayse prices. 

Batch problems don't reflect quality control. That's why batches are recorded..

Therefore in the UK the version that was rolled out was unfortunately contaminated with E.coli and this is believed to be the cause of the heart problems.

Heart problems are a greater risk from Covid itself as opposed to the vaccine so the point is moot. The only reason anti vaxers rabbit on about myocarditis is because they don't actually realise the risk is higher from Covid itself. But Covid ignorance is embraced by those who avoid their community duty of care.

On 2/21/2024 at 9:55 PM, psyche101 said:

mRNA vaccine research began in the mid nineties. 

Over two decades of research is anything but experimental. 

the mRNA platform was being researched for decades. it's mass application to a novel virus in a novel way was nothing but experimental.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

On 2/23/2024 at 2:43 AM, Electric Scooter said:

Your error comes from looking at a technology that has been developing but being unable to divide that from the application of the technology to create a new vaccine. The vaccine is new. Furthermore each vaccine targets something unique, in the case of coronavirus its the viral cells spike proteins. As its spike proteins are unique, and we have applied a technology to create a vaccine that targets them, the vaccine is also unique.

Furthermore the vaccine given to people was not identical to the one developed. In order to cut costs they cut quality. Therefore in the UK the version that was rolled out was unfortunately contaminated with E.coli and this is believed to be the cause of the heart problems.

I appreciate you trying to get through, which is hard enough when dealing with a big stick wrapped in cotton wool, but you won't convince anyone here that the vaccine is ...dangerous who has taken it, or as it is shown above the harder you try the more they do or try to.

Some here talk about testing, and a RNA and DNA versions where developed in 2003 for the SARS virus but since 70% of the animals tested died and the remaining animals had to be put down it never got to human trails.

I never got jabbed or prodded since l did basic research, (above) and wouldn't touch it after that,and got Covid more than once with no gasping for breath or the ridiculous idea that you have a 70% chance of dying from a heart attack from Covid within a year, (according to that crock l should have had a 300% chance of dying)?

One here is desperately fighting for the higher ground which is understandable, albeit misguided and futile.

• Like 4

Since some of you are back again at trying to misinform people about the covid-19 vaccines, I will remind people to only ask and listen to their doctors and not what is posted in these Covid-19 threads about the vaccines. These people do not have the vast amount of medical experience as your doctor does. Your doctor should tell you any information you want to know about the Covid-19 vaccines and if you should get vaccinated or not. Because actually some patients can not have some vaccines, like seasonal flu vaccines, because of bad past medical reactions to those vaccines. That's why it's important to talk your doctor about the Covid-19 vaccines and only listen to your doctor. They will know if the vaccines are safe for you to have based on your medical history, and not what is typed in some these stupid posts of misinformation. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

i had a flu jab 2 years ago... 2 weeks later i got the flu! first time i had a flu jab.. the only reason i went for it was for legitimate time off work.

never had a covid jab= never felt better 

• Like 6